• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2020/21 Champions League - QF & SF Draws

football forum

Manchester City v Borussia Dortmund

Porto v Chelsea 

Bayern Munich v Paris Saint Germain

Real Madrid v Liverpool

Relatively happy with that. City didn’t get that easy draw after all. If they do get past Dortmund, they will have Bayern or PSG waiting for them 👌

Think the Semi’s will be 

Dortmund V Bayern

Chelsea v Liverpool 

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

Couldn't have gone much better really

I would have preferred Porto or Dortmund but I'm not unhappy with the draw.

As much as I'd love to see us win #7 I can't see us getting past Real Madrid, I fancy them to make the final from our half of the draw.

The other half of the draw looks interesting with Bayern V PSG. I see Citeh getting past Dortmund easily, but then doing their annual euro-choke in the semi against Bayern.

9 minutes ago, Scouse_Mouse said:

I would have preferred Porto or Dortmund but I'm not unhappy with the draw.

As much as I'd love to see us win #7 I can't see us getting past Real Madrid, I fancy them to make the final from our half of the draw.

The other half of the draw looks interesting with Bayern V PSG. I see Citeh getting past Dortmund easily, but then doing their annual euro-choke in the semi against Bayern.

They are beatable though. If I was picking a favourite from our side of the draw it'd be Chelsea

3 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

That City, Dortmund, Bayern, PSG side of the draw is quality. The other side, meh. 

Trust the the two German sides to be drawn against arguably the best two other teams left in the competition. PSG and Man City after Bayern, where probably the two teams that no one wanted to be drawn against. 

3 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Can't complain about that draw... 

Yeah, you should definitely advance against Porto, especially given the upturn in performances that we have seen from Chelsea recently. You can't underestimate Porto, but I wouldn't class them any better than Atletico Madrid for example and we saw how well Chelsea did against the Spanish side. 

1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

They are beatable though. If I was picking a favourite from our side of the draw it'd be Chelsea

I'm not saying that we have no chance against Real, my main concern obviously is our defence. 

If anything I think we might match up a bit better than Chelsea against them.

27 minutes ago, God is Haaland said:

Teams that will advance: City, Chelsea, Real Madrid

Bayern - PSG will be decided by luck, injuries or whoever will be the better team that day.

Liverpool will get past Real Madrid mate, I am very sure of that. Chelsea are the likeliest to advance out of all the teams. City against Dortmund should see plenty of goals, but City will probably advance, as Dortmund's defence can be a real issue at times. While Bayern against PSG is a repeat of last years final come early, I still think Bayern will go through, unless they have an unexpected injury crisis.

19 minutes ago, Michael said:

Yeah, you should definitely advance against Porto, especially given the upturn in performances that we have seen from Chelsea recently. You can't underestimate Porto, but I wouldn't class them any better than Atletico Madrid for example and we saw how well Chelsea did against the Spanish side. 

I won't take anything for granted at this stage but if we can keep up the levels of performance we have been putting in since Tuchel took over then we have every chance of going through.. I didn't expect us to get past Atletico over the two legs but they surprised me a bit to be honest, Tuchel is doing a really good job with the side at the moment so anything else would be a bonus.. 

53 minutes ago, God is Haaland said:

Bayern - PSG will be decided by luck, injuries or whoever will be the better team that day.

So the same as every other game of football ever played 😂

1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

I won't take anything for granted at this stage but if we can keep up the levels of performance we have been putting in since Tuchel took over then we have every chance of going through.. I didn't expect us to get past Atletico over the two legs but they surprised me a bit to be honest, Tuchel is doing a really good job with the side at the moment so anything else would be a bonus.. 

Yeah, you can't underestimate any team at this stage, but Porto are arguably the least strong side on paper, out of all the remaining sides. Chelsea have been playing excellently since the turn of the year and I do fully expect them to get past Porto, if they play to the standards that we have seen them perform at recently. Tuchel seems to be getting the best out of his players, which is a very promising sign.

6 hours ago, Rick said:

So the same as every other game of football ever played 😂

No, not at all. You didn't understand my post. There's no way Dortmund will beat City, even with luck. And contrary to Bayern - PSG, we know who'll be the better team between City-Dortmund. Even on a good day Dortmund can't beat City on a bad day. This won't change at least until next summer where we have an extensive preparation and hopefully learn how to counter, press and pass under pressure again.

1 hour ago, God is Haaland said:

No, not at all. You didn't understand my post. 

My understanding of your post wasn’t the issue; your own wording was. 

And let’s not talk of this City side as if they are some legendary football team. They can be gotten at, as we have seen time and time again when they come up against a quality attack who actually turn up to give them a game. Dortmund have all the attacking ability to really stretch City, and I just hope they use it and they don’t roll over and let City tickle their bellies. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 19/03/2021 at 15:40, God is Haaland said:

Teams that will advance: City, Chelsea, Real Madrid

Bayern - PSG will be decided by luck, injuries

No Gnabry, Tolisso, Lewandowski. PSG have it served to them on a silver plate. They are literally the most inept, handheld club if they don't win this comfortably.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived