The better place to talk football.

Question a Member: Devil

football forum

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Harry said:

How did you come to support man United?

My whole family are Manchester United supporters, my dad father got them into United back in the 60's and they took it on from there. My dad and uncles claim they went to every home and away game through the 70's and 80's and were part of the Red Army that would do battle left right and centre. 90's became more about taking me to the games and football kind of calmed down anyway.

What's your favourite alcoholic beverage?

Who doesn't like and ice cold beer, if you had to push me then it would be a pint of Peroni. 

What's the most expensive item of clothing that you own?

If you'd asked me this years ago it would have been silly because I was label mad and whilst I still spend a fair bit on clothing it isn't as important as it was when I was younger. 

I'd say my Ralph Lauren wool blazer, think I paid about £400 to £500 a few years ago. I tend to wear it to things like the horse racing and so forth. 

Where have you traveled to?

Greece (3 times) Turkey (1 time) Holland (5 times) France (2 times) Florida (4 times) Tenerife (1) Lanzarote (1) Fuertaventura (2 times) Majorca (3 times) Ibiza (2 times) Mainland Spain (3 times) Bulgaria (1 Time) Egypt (1 time)

Off to Turkey again in August and going to maybe go to Krakow in November for my birthday..

1) How did you get into your current occupation. Was it something you had always wanted to do or just a quirk of fate ?

2) If you did the lottery (I haven't a clue if you do or not), what would you do with the money ?

3) And as a funny - Could you survive without your thumbs ?

37 minutes ago, Pugwash said:

1) How did you get into your current occupation. Was it something you had always wanted to do or just a quirk of fate ?

No I didn't set out to work in construction, my dream was to be in the army but that didn't happen for reasons I regret. 

I was pretty fortunate to be honest, my best friends (best man) father ran a construction company and he offered me a position in their office. I started out buying and then moved into project coordination. 

It just grew from there really but I was kind of stuck behind the owners two sons in the pecking order, so in January 2020 I decide to progress I needed to move company. I moved and it was a disaster, they were terribly run and the moment Covid hit they just went into meltdown, I was placed on furlough but could see from my company phone they were losing contract after contract. I was made redundant in July but was only out of work a month before I was approached by another company to become their operations manager, it's a smaller set up to what I was used to but the money is better and my personal life is so much more relaxed.

2) If you did the lottery (I haven't a clue if you do or not), what would you do with the money ?

Dunno, it's hard to say really. I'd buy a new house to start with and maybe set up my own firm in the game I'm in now. 

3) And as a funny - Could you survive without your thumbs ?

I could defo survive but gripping things would be difficult because the thumbs are the main gripping point. 

1 minute ago, Toinho said:

How did you find this forum?

I'd notice a few comments about this place elsewhere and thought I'd give it a look. 

I knew Unique and Cazza also so decided to give it a go. 

1 minute ago, Toinho said:

Top 5 favourite footballers? 

Eric Cantona, Roy Keane, Paul Scholes and Zidane, Rio Ferdinand. 

9 minutes ago, Devil said:

Dunno, it's hard to say really. I'd buy a new house to start with and maybe set up my own firm in the game I'm in now. 

I could defo survive but gripping things would be difficult because the thumbs are the main gripping point. 

Excellent answers mate. Apart from the thumbs    you are going to be really hit on about dem two digits      xD

1 hour ago, DeadLinesman said:

All time favourite United player?

Hard that one because I find it hard to split two. Keane and Cantona. 

But given the ban and his return the magic of Cantona was something else for that period. 

The goal against Sunderland was just insane. 

Chinese or Indian?

Used to be Chinese but I'd go for a Ruby over a Chinese any day of the week now. 

Did you check your PM’s?

Yes, still check now and again but alas still no Pm from Whiskey 

• Administrator

What was your first Utd game? 

What was the worst Utd game you've been to? 

Who's your favourite player from the Man City and Liverpool squads? How would you feel if Ole signed them? 

Best non-Man Utd goal you've seen live? 

What was one Utd game that you didnt/couldn't go to but wished you could have? 

1 hour ago, CaaC (John) said:

Other than United, what other teams do you like or dislike?

To be honest I don't really like anyone else, I do have a team from each country that I would say is my favourite from each country but other than that I can't say I like anyone. 

Admire teams, but not like. 

Obviously I hate Liverpool but other than them it's the money clubs I don't like, City, Chelsea and PSG. 

2 hours ago, Stan said:

What was your first Utd game? 

United vs Leicester City 

League Cup and I think we won by 5 goals, I was very young though. 

What was the worst Utd game you've been to? 

City Derby where they demolished us. 

Who's your favourite player from the Man City and Liverpool squads? How would you feel if Ole signed them? 

Really, I hate the lot of them. 😂

Best non-Man Utd goal you've seen live? 

I was at Germany vs Russia Euro 96 at Old Trafford and Klinsmann scored a screamer. I assume I had to be at the match. 

What was one Utd game that you didnt/couldn't go to but wished you could have? 

1999 Champions league final

35 minutes ago, Tommy said:

What do you like most about our forum so far?

Friendly crowd and good mix of general chat and football. 

Ever been to Germany?

Nope, would love to in future though. Maybe go Munich for a match. 

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Devil said:

Really, I hate the lot of them. 😂

Oi no copping out! Answer :D

What's the oldest thing you own??? 

Do you think that United will ever reach the highs of great football again like they did under Ferguson?? 

If a very important United game was being played and you had tickets for it but then the missus said she needed you to attend a wedding of her best friend on the same afternoon what would you choose?? 

• Subscriber

Best book you've ever read? One fiction and one non-fiction, preferably. 

What's your most controversial/unpopular opinion? 

You have accidentally discovered a time machine. You can use it one time, but it will become non-operational afterwards. Where and when do you go? Why? 

Do you follow any other sports? 

• The topic was pinned
  • This topic was unpinned and locked

Archived