Valencia vs Granada, 15.15
Villarreal vs Cadiz, 15.15
Atletico Madrid vs Alaves, 17.30
Real Sociedad vs Barcelona, 20.00

image.png

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dest is class. 2 goals today so far and he's been up and down that flank all night. He's got a huge future that lad.

Busquets has also been great lately.

This side will be interesting next season, especially if Messi stays.

4-0 after 60 mins in a ground that is historically one of the toughest for Barcelona to visit.

Should be 5-0. Immense pass by Messi and equally as nice finish by Dembélé, but it was ruled out by VAR, even though it looked on from the replay, or at least far too tight to get anal about it.

VAR is just aload of shit.

But then Dembélé does that anyway. He's another who is getting better. Just needs to improve his decision making and be more consistent.

18 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Should be 5-0. Immense pass by Messi and equally as nice finish by Dembélé, but it was ruled out by VAR, even though it looked on from the replay, or at least far too tight to get anal about it.

VAR is just aload of shit.

But then Dembélé does that anyway. He's another who is getting better. Just needs to improve his decision making and be more consistent.

I don't remember such a convincing performance at Anoeta from Barcelona. 

Koeman seems to have found the perfect formation. The 3-5-2 with Dest and Alba always attacking made Barça a much more dangerous side. 

Barça right now is the best team in La Liga. Atleti, in my opinion, will drop points, so a double is still a possibility. 

Anyway, considering all political circumstances envolving the club, this season looks a step in the right direction. I think Messi will eventually decide to stay. And with some smart moves on the market during the summer, this team can become a powerhouse again. 

Laporta needs to keep Koeman and resist the tentation to make a splash on the transfer market. 

Real Sociedad 1-6 Barcelona

Now that's a fantastic result because Real Sociedad didn't even play that poorly in comparison to what the scoreline would suggest, Barcelona were just on fire tonight.

Keep playing like this and Atlético can be caught. 

Only 7 shots tonight, the team created alot more against PSG away, but only scored 1...this tonight is the type of clinical finishing that has been lacking alot during this campaign.

6 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

I don't remember such a convincing performance at Anoeta from Barcelona. 

Koeman seems to have found the perfect formation. The 3-5-2 with Dest and Alba always attacking made Barça a much more dangerous side. 

Barça right now is the best team in La Liga. Atleti, in my opinion, will drop points, so a double is still a possibility. 

Anyway, considering all political circumstances envolving the club, this season looks a step in the right direction. I think Messi will eventually decide to stay. And with some smart moves on the market during the summer, this team can become a powerhouse again. 

Laporta needs to keep Koeman and resist the tentation to make a splash on the transfer market. 

I think Messi will stay myself as he even voted in this year's election for the first time and Laporta will have clearly gotten his vote. Also I think his wife and kids will also sway his decision as they won't want to leave Barcelona, they are too comfortable there.

I agree about resisting the temptation in the transfer market. There is plenty of young quality there who are only going to get better and Messi, Busquets and Alba still have plenty left, especially Messi and Alba. If the money is there and someone like Haaland is available, then that would obviously make sense but not spending on players for the fun of it and bringing in alot of crap, like the club have been guilty of in recent years.

I also agree with Koeman staying. He can keep taking this team forward and he's respected by the players.

Fekir with a great solo goal for Betis which massively helped them get the three points. It's that sort of thing he needs to be doing more regularly as they really lack a flair player if he isn't playing well and he's been below par most of the season so they've done well to find themselves in a great position of getting a European spot. Borja finally coming into some sort of form has also helped but Fekir can be the difference for them in making a more significant mark in the league and against superior opposition, he can take them to the next level. Hopefully, he can continue in the same vein. 

Pellegrini has done a great job so far with a squad in recent years that has been underachieving, Guido and Canales are two of the better midfield players in the league and the team are finally in and around the positions they should be. The worst of Betis in recent years (after Setien's first season) has always been having a lack of solidarity, cohesion and identity but they finally have a bit about them and have a clear and solid foundation, with previously underperforming players now performing and so on. 

On the topic of Barcelona, Miranda and particularly Emerson (both on loan from Barca) have been relatively solid as well, I don't think they are Barcelona quality but they're performing relatively well. 

Hopefully, Betis can finish the season strong.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived