Bournemouth vs Southampton, 12.15 - Live on BT Sport
Everton vs Man City, 17.30 - Live on BT Sport

Sunday 21st March, 2021
Chelsea vs Sheff Utd, 13.30 - Live on BBC One
Leicester City vs Man Utd, 17.00 - Live on BBC One

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we manage to get anything here it will be an unbelievable cup upset, Manchester City in full flow looking at a quadruple whereas we haven't got a first team goalkeeper in the squad. 

If it's not a bloodbath it'll be a bonus. I think City will get to 3-0 at HT then save their legs.

• Subscriber

That 17 passes in 23 minutes stat was embarrassing but we've started to play a bit now. Gomes is having one of his better games and the front two are giving their defenders a bit of jip. Still very much second favourites but there's a needle to be thread here, as much as I'm sure there's plenty of people out there ready to criticise us for not "having a go" and being 3-0 down at half time.

City are an outstanding team, no surprise they've won and will be surprised if they somehow don't do the quadruple.

No complaints from me regarding us either, made them look very ordinary until they got a bit of magic/luck which forced us to throw everyone at it.

• Subscriber

Maybe Mina feels like he hesitated because of Mahrez' boot and would otherwise have got a better head on it but it doesn't matter.

It's just utterly depressing this. Days like this just makes it seem like there's no chance of teams like us winning a trophy ever again.

• Administrator

Think Chelsea made hard work of it in that 2nd half. Sheff Utd had a good couple of chances to test Kepa and equalise. Quality shows in the end.

Funny Azpilicueta came on to make us more comfortable defensively to deal with the Sheffield United pressure but didn't do anything right the whole time. 

Whilst we're in good form, I still think the cracks are being papered over a bit and we're not as good as the form suggests. Creativity and attacking play still a big problem.

6 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

Funny Azpilicueta came on to make us more comfortable defensively to deal with the Sheffield United pressure but didn't do anything right the whole time. 

Whilst we're in good form, I still think the cracks are being papered over a bit and we're not as good as the form suggests. Creativity and attacking play still a big problem.

Yup. Understand Tuchel is trying to build the foundation, but we should be looking to steer away from this formation next season. Limits our attacking play. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived