talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FA Cup 2020/21 - Quarter-Final Matches

football forum

Maguire didn’t do anything wrong their imo, Fred could have just played it first time to Henderson and there’s no issue. You don’t play out from the back by being hesitant and hoofing it, you do what Maguire done, Fred just has to be a lot better

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Danny said:

Maguire didn’t do anything wrong their imo, Fred could have just played it first time to Henderson and there’s no issue. You don’t play out from the back by being hesitant and hoofing it, you do what Maguire done, Fred just has to be a lot better

That’s the daftest thing I’ve read on here for a while and we have Brian here. 

2 hours ago, Cicero said:

Yup. Understand Tuchel is trying to build the foundation, but we should be looking to steer away from this formation next season. Limits our attacking play. 

As you know I've never been a massive fan of it, the difference this time around though is that we look to have more of the ball and control the game which is something I like rather than sitting off the opposition which we did too much at times under Conte especially against better opposition. We have different players with different skill sets this time around though. I totally understand why Tuchel has gone with it as it puts a lot of players in their best roles, Kanté, Havertz, the whole defence more or less, as well as others but I'm not going to be fooled this time around again in believing some players are world beaters, they're not. Tuchel is totally justified in using this system coming in mid-season to build a foundation as you mention and it has its moments and periods where it's useful but will it be possible and an easy transition to move to a back four? I don't know. Might depend on recruitment and our attacking play wasn't that great in a 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 either. 

Think we will crack on and win this game now, Leicester needed to beat us whilst they had so many chances.

Ole will get into them at half time and I expect a different look in the second half. 

• Administrator
Just now, Devil said:

Think we will crack on and win this game now, Leicester needed to beat us whilst they had so many chances.

Ole will get into them at half time and I expect a different look in the second half. 

Fernandes will come on and change the game. Worries me, that. Think we need to get the next goal. 

30 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

That’s the daftest thing I’ve read on here for a while and we have Brian here. 

Similar issue occurred recently with Arsenal against Burnley where Xhaka took a pass from Leno I think and then struck it at Wood. No issue with the pass to Fred today as he had time to pass it back to keeper

2 minutes ago, Danny said:

Similar issue occurred recently with Arsenal against Burnley where Xhaka took a pass from Leno I think and then struck it at Wood. No issue with the pass to Fred today as he had time to pass it back to keeper

That’s rubbish, I’m afraid. All three of Henderson, Maguire and Fred are culpable there. By all means play out from the back but that’s where teams are thick, Leicester play a high press, Henderson plays out. It’s stupid. I’m not saying they should scrap it altogether but there’s a time and a play and that was neither from Henderson or Maguire. 

3 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

That’s rubbish, I’m afraid. All three of Henderson, Maguire and Fred are culpable there. By all means play out from the back but that’s where teams are thick, Leicester play a high press, Henderson plays out. It’s stupid. I’m not saying they should scrap it altogether but there’s a time and a play and that was neither from Henderson or Maguire. 

It’s literally not, it’s called committing to playing out of the back and the reason they conceded is because they’re bad at doing it. But there was nothing wrong with Maguire’s pass

Just now, Danny said:

It’s literally not, it’s called committing to playing out of the back and the reason they conceded is because they’re bad at doing it. But there was nothing wrong with Maguire’s pass

It’s stupid. Blindly committing to it is beyond dumb. Maguire’s pass was abysmal. A hospital ball from Henderson and an even bigger one from Maguire. 

Feels like the time I watched Leicester City against Sheffield United, you just got the feeling that when they got the third the floodgates would open. 

Forget who Manchester United are and you can see it happening again here, 3-1 up with 30 minutes to go and it could get messy, Leicester are outstanding on the counter.

7 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

It’s stupid. Blindly committing to it is beyond dumb. Maguire’s pass was abysmal. A hospital ball from Henderson and an even bigger one from Maguire. 

Calling it stupid doesn’t change the fact it’s very effective for teams that practice it properly

Disgrace from United, the moment I seen that starting line up today I thought they'd struggle. 

Matic is so finished and we struggle whenever he's on the field. 

No trophy for four years and only the Europa to go at now. 

Big question marks on Ole tonight, little progress being made and losing big cup ties constantly. Decision making all wrong tonight. 

• Administrator

I'm in shock, still. Never been to an FA Cup game at Wembley, still won't get the chance but it's an amazing feeling to know my club will go there :x

An amazing chance to get through to the final too given the draw. 

Totally dominant and deserved win. Don't often get to say that when we play Man Utd. Very proud of the team and Rodgers. 

4 minutes ago, Devil said:

Disgrace from United, the moment I seen that starting line up today I thought they'd struggle. 

Big question marks on Ole tonight, little progress being made and losing big cup ties constantly. Decision making all wrong tonight. 

tbh i did find it strange he left bruno out. big chance for a trophy up for grabs. 

4 minutes ago, Devil said:

He sniffs a semi and shits himself. Embarrassing.

12 minutes ago, Devil said:

That part in bold basically sums up his stint with us really. Didn't seem to know what to do or make the right calls. 

Obviously it's difficult to argue when Man U are in second, but that's more to do with teams behind them being just as inconsistent really. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived