• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Robert Lewandowski breaks Gerd Müller's Bundesliga Goal Record

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Coma said:

OK, but before that...

Checked it 16/17. Still my point stands, only to use top spot as a measure of competition is dumb. Granted, that's perhaps due to the club I support always being a part of it, the few times they played Buli, but personally I always preferred an intriguing relegation fight over the run for the title.

18 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

To be fair it's very competitive top spot and rock bottom aside. The relegation fight is fascinating, on a side note, when was the last time, the Premiership wasn't won by ten or more points?

I agree in a sense that the fight for Champions League spots is exciting every year.  And I like the relegation battles.  For a lot of teams in the Bundesliga the best they can hope for is a spot in Europe, which isn't that different from the EPL.

3 hours ago, JoshBRFC said:

When was the last time the Bundesliga was so weak in terms of competitiveness? 

It isn't really. Bayern are just so much better than the other 17. Clubs 2-5 and 11-17 are closer in points than 1-2.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

To be fair it's very competitive top spot and rock bottom aside. The relegation fight is fascinating, on a side note, when was the last time, the Premiership wasn't won by ten or more points?

The best form of defence is attack? ;) and Phil answered your question :D 

You know more than me clearly. I’m not even on a wind up or intending on pissing off the Bundesliga faithful. It’s just from the outside looking in it seems like it’s gone downhill in recent years in terms of competitiveness and overall quality of the other teams. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, JoshBRFC said:

The best form of defence is attack? ;) and Phil answered your question :D 

You know more than me clearly. I’m not even on a wind up or intending on pissing off the Bundesliga faithful. It’s just from the outside looking in it seems like it’s gone downhill in recent years in terms of competitiveness and overall quality of the other teams. 

This comes up usually once a year from the outside but its a bit naive. The Bundesliga is very competitive outside of first place is the long and the short of it and it always has been. I dont know if people maybe dont realize the disparity in finances not just between Bayern but even the likes of Frankfurt or Monchengladbach, Leverkusen etc compared to any of the English top 6 or 8 sides. Put Bayern in any other league and it really isnt going to be much difference at the top, the difference is maybe theres 1 or 2 other teams challenging them for the title but the gulf in class between those top few and rest of the leagues will still be massive.

• Subscriber
On 23/04/2021 at 19:37, Viva la FCB said:

This comes up usually once a year from the outside but its a bit naive. The Bundesliga is very competitive outside of first place is the long and the short of it and it always has been. I dont know if people maybe dont realize the disparity in finances not just between Bayern but even the likes of Frankfurt or Monchengladbach, Leverkusen etc compared to any of the English top 6 or 8 sides. Put Bayern in any other league and it really isnt going to be much difference at the top, the difference is maybe theres 1 or 2 other teams challenging them for the title but the gulf in class between those top few and rest of the leagues will still be massive.

It’s not naive, it’s just other people’s opinions.

I do like a lot about German football. I just find the league to be a very poor standard when I watch, it’s similar to the French League. And companies like BT Sport do show games a lot over here.

Timo Werner is a good example. How the hell did this player score 28 league goals last season xD . 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

It’s not naive, it’s just other people’s opinions.

I do like a lot about German football. I just find the league to be a very poor standard when I watch, it’s similar to the French League. And companies like BT Sport do show games a lot over here.

Timo Werner is a good example. How the hell did this player score 28 league goals last season xD . 

And your opinion is naive. If you watch a handful of matches a season (im sure thats lenient) and think huh its not very good well good on you. I watch plenty of shite English matches and that doesnt reflect the standard of the league. I dont comment on them however because I dont watch them regularly enough to form an opinion about the entire league. thanks.

At least most of our clubs haven't sold their soul to sheikhs or oligarchs (RB aside) who only see the club as a toy and have no real relation to it. That's what put me off English Football for a long time. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/04/2021 at 17:14, Tommy said:

At least most of our clubs haven't sold their soul to sheikhs or oligarchs (RB aside) who only see the club as a toy and have no real relation to it. That's what put me off English Football for a long time. 

nah just founded by megacorporations that skirt environmental regulations and produce cancer causing chemicals

16 minutes ago, Spike said:

nah just founded by megacorporations that skirt environmental regulations and produce cancer causing chemicals

Yes because Leverkusen are most of the over 24000 German football clubs.:ph34r: I knew former pupils of  Anglo-Saxon schools are bad at mathematics but that's unbelievable.:P

52 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Yes because Leverkusen are most of the over 24000 German football clubs.:ph34r: I knew former pupils of  Anglo-Saxon schools are bad at mathematics but that's unbelievable.:P

Anglo-Saxon? Mate, I am not time traveller from the middle-ages nor am I even English, I didn’t say ‘most’ and thirdly it doesn’t make it any less true. Volkswagon and Bayer are both guilty, throwing stones in glass houses they say. Turns out the Germans get upset with the reality of it.

Anglos and Saxons were both Germanic anyway! They may have bad maths but the Fatherland has worse history xD

By my counting two oil clubs in England is the same number as two megacorporate clubs in Germany. Maybe my maths is bad hmmmm

5 minutes ago, Spike said:

Anglo-Saxon? Mate, I am not time traveller from the middle-ages nor am I even English, I didn’t say ‘most’ and thirdly it doesn’t make it any less true. Volkswagon and Bayer are both guilty, throwing stones in glass houses they say. Turns out the Germans get upset with the reality of it.

Volkswagen, if you use the full name instead of VW use their correct name at least.

Just now, Rucksackfranzose said:

Volkswagen, if you use the full name instead of VW use their correct name at least.

I'm sure dieselgate was also just a typo too. Want to defend any other billion dollar companies while you're at it?

9 minutes ago, Spike said:

#By my counting two oil clubs in England is the same number as two megacorporate clubs in Germany. Maybe my maths is bad hmmmm

I was more talking about how almost every club in England is the toy of some Billionaire with no real ties to the club, whereas in Germany, most clubs still belong to people/members. 50+1 and whatnot. 

1 minute ago, Spike said:

I'm sure dieselgate was also just a typo too. Want to defend any other billion dollar companies while you're at it?

Why would I? By the way Volkswagon isn't a typo but an term used in English speaking countries for VW. I'm aware of it still it isn't their name.

Just now, Tommy said:

I was more talking about how almost every club in England is the toy of some Billionaire with no real ties to the club, whereas in Germany, most clubs still belong to people/members. 50+1 and whatnot. 

I know what you were talking about and I don't even disagree with you. I just knew it'd cause a bloodclot saying anything negative about German football for some members. I just don't like the free-pass Wolfsburg and Leverkusen seemingly get, when they should be rightfully in the same category.

Just now, Spike said:

I know what you were talking about and I don't even disagree with you. I just knew it'd cause a bloodclot saying anything negative about German football for some members. I just don't like the free-pass Wolfsburg and Leverkusen seemingly get, when they should be rightfully in the same category.

Most people in Germany dislike these clubs for that reason. Well, not that much anymore since Hoffenheim and especially RB came long. 

1 minute ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Why would I? By the way Volkswagon isn't a typo but an term used in English speaking countries for VW. I'm aware of it still it isn't their name.

So you knew exactly what I was typing and how I meant to type it? xD You should be putting those extra-sensory powers to sports betting and playing the lottery, not watching my fingers on the keyboard.

Just now, Tommy said:

Most people in Germany dislike these clubs for that reason. Well, not that much anymore since Hoffenheim and especially RB came long. 

And yet at the mere mention of it, the defence brigade has been called from their headquarters xD

9 minutes ago, nudge said:

Bayer gets a free pass because of this:

Curing hangovers since 1899 xD 

I don't mind the ol' berocca myself. But apparently they didn't even invent it!

220px-Berocca_Varieties.jpg

Archived