24 members have voted

1. 1. Can They Do The Quadruple?

• Yes
    • No
    • Hope the TF365 Curse Strikes Again...

• Administrator

Premier League looks done. 

FA Cup is most likely theirs. 

Only Spurs/Jose to stop them in the League Cup. 

CL will be the most difficult... 

Can they do it? 

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

They can do it. But they aren't even halfway there. Chelsea, Leicester and Man Utd are still left in the FA Cup and all of those sides can beat Man City in a one off game. League and League Cup are most likely in the bag. Champions League they've found a thousand and one ways to screw up in the past. Bayern and PSG in particular can't be underestimated either. I'd make them favourites but far from odds on to win it.

They will need a bit of luck in the Champions League as they aren't the best team in the competition but given that they have already won the league can focus on other cups. The domestic ones are theirs to lose IMO. 

If they only win the league, then it's a big question mark against them for me, they won't get a better chance to make history.

If Pep plays our normal game in Europe and doesn't do what he did last year trying silly line ups and new formations we have a good chance, we have beaten stronger Munich teams with a weaker team than we have now .. Spurs can beat us if they are on top form, league and FA Cup should be in the bag,  but still a few teams like Leicester who can cause an upset if we are not at it but no excuses if we lose them now 

And fuck you @Stan  you bastard!:4_joy:

Man City should win the 3 domestic competitions, but I don't think Man City stand a big chance against a full strength Bayern over 2 legs. If they meet in the final in a one off game, then they have more of a chance. But on paper, Bayern still look a much stronger side than City in my opinion. 

1 hour ago, Michael said:

Man City should win the 3 domestic competitions, but I don't think Man City stand a big chance against a full strength Bayern over 2 legs. If they meet in the final in a one off game, then they have more of a chance. But on paper, Bayern still look a much stronger side than City in my opinion. 

If they do end up playing Bayern it will be over two legs in the semifinal.

As far as the quadruple goes I think that would be out of the realms of possibility for most clubs, Citeh imho the only club with a squad deep enough to pull it off.

Tuchel is yet to lose a game with Chelsea, can’t disregard the new manager bounce but if he had that Chelsea side at the beginning of the season, City would have problems; so I wouldn’t mark the FA Cup done and dusted by any means. Champions League totally up in the air after their draw as mentioned before, haven’t found themselves on an easy path.

• Subscriber

No, City are not another Barca under Pep and they have no Messi, I can see either Chelsea or Leicester upsetting @Happy Blue's wet dreams and PSG winning the Champions League with Poch getting the honours and Spurs fans pulling their hair out at Levy for naming Jose as manager.

They won't.

This same question has been asked a few times when City have been in this position and invariably they suffer a shock defeat somewhere as they are slightly off in one game, or something odd happens with VAR in the Champions League.

April is an absolute brutal month with the games they have. Champions League games, League Cup final, FA Cup semi and that's without the bread and butter league games. There will definitely be a defeat here or there somewhere.

The only thing they have in the bag is the League. That is it.

10 minutes ago, Lucas said:

They won't.

This same question has been asked a few times when City have been in this position and invariably they suffer a shock defeat somewhere as they are slightly off in one game, or something odd happens with VAR in the Champions League.

April is an absolute brutal month with the games they have. Champions League games, League Cup final, FA Cup semi and that's without the bread and butter league games. There will definitely be a defeat here or there somewhere.

The only thing they have in the bag is the League. That is it.

Yeah, I feel like this is the third season since Guardiola arrived that we're having this conversation at around this stage. Champions League and FA Cup is still very difficult

I think they probably wont. 

City really need to win the champions league to be considered a great team and to be remembered as one. No one remembers great teams who didnt win the biggest competitions. 

The 1950s Hungarian team was one of the best international teams ever but they didn't win the world cup so they get forgotten. City dont want to be a great team that gets forgotten.

• 4 weeks later...
On 23/03/2021 at 17:54, Cicero said:

Dortmund knock out City in the CL. 

Spurs beat City in the League Cup Final

We beat City in the FA Cup Semi Final

Those three things happen I'll be a believer of this thread magic. 

Don't deny the threads magic, proven again it does work but you asked more of it than the thread title :ph34r:

18 minutes ago, Rick said:

People not wanting oil clubs to win things is part of the problem? 

I was referring to Stan's rep points.

Stan eats a banana. Gets Rep points. Stan goes toilet. Gets Rep points. Stan creates a Burnley vs Sheffield United thread. Gets Rep points.

Just now, The Palace Fan said:

I was referring to Stan's rep points.

Stan eats a banana. Gets Rep points. Stan goes toilet. Gets Rep points. Stan creates a Burnley vs Sheffield Unuted thread. Gets Rep points.

Oh fair enough. If it makes it any better, I’d neg rep him if I could. 

Archived