talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sleep

football forum

I drink a cup of warm Turmeric milk (that also has a powdered mixture of sugar, almond, cashew nuts and cardamom) before sleeping every night, unless I have had non-vegetarian food for dinner. 

Sunday to Thursday I doze off at 1-1:30, unless Liverpool are playing a match or there's a holiday next day (like there is one tomorrow). I get up at eight. 

Friday and Saturday nights I doze off quite late depending on whether I am watching a movie or doing other interesting things. I would say I usually sleep at 3 or 4. I get up around 11 on holidays. 

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 13/04/2019 at 14:40, Dr. Gonzo said:

I usually go to bed at 11 or 12 at night and get up at about 5 every day. For some reason I always wake up at 5, even if I go to bed after midnight. I never feel well rested, but that’s what coffee is for

This is exactly me, 5am every morning without fail. 

I'm shattered today.

• Subscriber
39 minutes ago, Devil said:

On average how many hours a night do you get of sleep and how do you find it impacts your life?

7 hours, usually. It's pretty much ideal for me, too - less than 6 makes me tired and cranky, more than 8 makes me sluggish.

• Subscriber

Not much has changed for me, I still average about 4/6 hours, wake up and go to the loo but the big difference nowadays since my hospital visits and a diagnose of a heart failure condition ( a weak heart muscle) I am on tablets for life so I wake up around 4 ish (the same time as when I was in the hospital when the nurse would do her nightly medication round for patients) and take my medication.

But normally after taking them I will come onto this laptop in the lounge and catch up on things for about an hour or so and then instead of going back to bed I will stretch out on the sofa, turn the tv onto Radio Gold's Old Time Hits, turn it down low and just crash out to around 7 ish.

• 3 months later...
  • Subscriber
14 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Do any of you tend to have deeper sleeps in the summer?

NO!!!! I hate summer with the heat and I like a dark room when sleeping not the room getting bright around 03.30 am, and I can't put dark curtains up as the wife like's all the fancy coloured ones that let's the bloody light in easy.

Recently changed bed and mattress, we had one of them super sized sleigh beds that was close to the floor. I would have terrible nights sleep in it and never liked being so low to the floor. So we sold it recently and bought a king sized divan bed with a memory foam mattress and I've been sleeping right through the night ever since. 

Best purchase I've made in years. 

2 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

NO!!!! I hate summer with the heat and I like a dark room when sleeping not the room getting bright around 03.30 am, and I can't put dark curtains up as the wife like's all the fancy coloured ones that let's the bloody light in easy.

We recently got roller shutters on the bedroom and front living room windows. Can’t wait to try them out in summer. Bloody expensive though. 

On 22/03/2021 at 11:04, Devil said:

On average how many hours a night do you get of sleep and how do you find it impacts your life?

I'm pretty strict with my sleeping patterns actually. 

I usually am asleep at midnight, and I wake up at 6am each morning. Then around noon I usually take a 15 minute nap, but sometimes the nap isn't needed. 

1 hour ago, Eco said:

I'm pretty strict with my sleeping patterns actually. 

I usually am asleep at midnight, and I wake up at 6am each morning. Then around noon I usually take a 15 minute nap, but sometimes the nap isn't needed. 

Not a lot of sleep that really they say you need on average 8 hours a night, I try to get a minimum of 7, anything under and I'm groggy all day. 

2 hours ago, Devil said:

Not a lot of sleep that really they say you need on average 8 hours a night, I try to get a minimum of 7, anything under and I'm groggy all day. 

6-7 usually a night and that's usually plenty. 

2 minutes ago, Eco said:

6-7 usually a night and that's usually plenty. 

During my project manager days I think I was sleeping about 3 hours a night through stress, I work in construction (office based) and we'd regularly have multiple projects on the go at once. 

I'd picture how the day could go wrong the following day and I just couldn't sleep. 

I was basically a walk zombie with a mobile phone that never ever stopped ringing. 

So glad those days are over. 

It´s the worst part of the day for me. 

Since a very young age, I´ve been struggling with night terrors and darkness anxiety. I´m completely dependent on medication to sleep. I tried once to do without medication and I couldn´t sleep for a week. 

Also, if I go to bed too late, there´s no ammount of sleep or coffee that makes the day after bearable. I feel like a zombie. 

It sucks, but I´ve learned how to manage it. I have adapted my life accordingly, with a very strict routine of daily physical activity and diet. :)

• 1 year later...

Archived