The better place to talk football.

Line of Duty

football forum

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 22/03/2021 at 18:49, The Palace Fan said:

Anybody watching the new series?

Think they should have ended it after they killed off The Caddy. Feels like they've just been milking the popularity ever since.

Are you joking? Series 4 and particularly 5 were amazing, one of the few shows out there that seems to go from strength to strength.

Personally my favourite police drama other than The Wire.

• Subscriber

Tbh I think Danny is spot on. One of the weakest parts was that whole sequence in how they killed the Caddy but overall I think its almost gotten better every season. Im stoked but im waiting a few so I can binge the next one here.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, JoshBRFC said:

Never watched this but work colleagues and friends have been speaking about it, why has it recently got very popular?

It’s been class ever since it was brought in, just coming to the end of a continued storyline. Bit like Game Of Thrones, built up momentum except this hasn’t flopped 

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/03/2021 at 17:07, Whiskey said:

I'm probably the only one, but Line of Duty IMO is a load of shit.

Told you. 

You know you've fucked up a finale when it ends up trending on Twitter.

11 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

I thought it was more average than shit but with the build up it's one of those where they were backed into a corner where it was impossible to live up to the hype.

I think that’s why it was shit, cos they made it so average.

I genuinely thought they’d tie Chloe into it, she literally linked 3 seperate cases together and pinned it on Buckles yet gets a pat on the back and barely any lines in the show for her trouble.

There has to be a deeper meaning to that following next series, in the same way they investigated institutionalised sexism with Kate.

I don’t think it was as bad as people make out. While it did seem more emphasis was out on bigger scenes throughout the series rather than at the end, as is normal, I think the ending was reality in essence and that’s why it was frustrating. I can think of a few instances in my professional career where massively incompetent people manage to fail upwards and are rewarded for the incompetence rather than punished. I think people are pissed off as well because throughout, people wrote Buckles off as a clown and were taken along for a ride, as were AC12. While it might not have been a shoot out or some dramatic finale, I think it was still a decent finale to a good series. 

• 3 weeks later...

I still enjoyed this series, but was a little disappointed by the ending. Always thought Ian Buckles was a bit of a filler character, almost a caricature of an officer created purely for the narrative (similar to the Lomax guy from this series). Perhaps it was Mercurio's point to have the 4th person hiding in plain sight all along. 

Mercurio has at least two separate series coming up in the near future I think, so probably isn't financially dependant on the show getting re-commissioned. 

Archived