talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group I - Matchday 1-3 (25-31st March, 2021)

football forum

• Administrator

all kick-offs 19.45 (GMT) unless stated

Thursday 25th March, 2021
Andorra vs Albania
England vs San Marino
Hungary vs Poland

Sunday 28th March, 2021
Albania vs England, 17.00
Poland vs Andorra
San Marino vs Hungary

Wednesday 31st March, 2021
Andorra vs Hungary
England vs Poland
San Marino vs Albania

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

England have won both of their last two home games against San Marino 5.0. I think with the attacking talent we should be looking to score around 8. We have had some very good attacking football with southgate 

44 minutes ago, Stan said:

Should be double figures really. 

San Marino dont regularly concede double figures. I think less than 8 would be disappointing with all the attacking talent we have 

The games gone flat and very much has that friendly vibe about it now five subs have been made this half. That’s not a criticism either. It’s a smart move. With three games in a short period of time, the game was won at half time and with half an eye on Albania on Sunday, it makes sense to rotate a bit more this half. 

I won't speak overly negative on the performance as the U21's have taken up enough of those vibes today.

Suffice to say, we did 'enough'.

My judgement will be more reflected in the Albania and Poland games where there is actual opposition.

That scoreline is shit against a team of actual fucking farmers. You should be putting at least 8 or 9 in against them lot minimum. Watched the first half, was bollocks, just Raheem Sterling somehow showing himself up. 

Really did remind me why I don’t bother watching this national team, because it’s a team of talented lads constantly making hard work of anything because they are led by the human equivalent of a sponge. Southgate is a none personality, who is going to flush any chance of progress down the drain because he is about as inspiring as a box of microchips.

I only end up watching them at tournaments because my friends are well into it, otherwise I wouldn’t bother. 

I was a little bit disappointed to only get 5. At the same time we had  at least two player debuts so I'm not to worried in the same way that if we had got to double figures I wouldn't have been to exited. I thought we might get about 8 tonight  but that is because we have had some heavy victories recently. 5.0 against Czech republic, 6.0 in Bulgaria and 7.0 against Montenegro. I wanted at least 6 but if we qualify easily I wont be to worried 

Wow this game is boring. Although I do think part of it is because ITV have got the crowd noises wrong. They are to quiet and arent reacting to the game at all 

On 25/03/2021 at 22:43, Lucas said:

I won't speak overly negative on the performance as the U21's have taken up enough of those vibes today.

Suffice to say, we did 'enough'.

My judgement will be more reflected in the Albania and Poland games where there is actual opposition.

Copy and paste ahead of the Poland game Wednesday.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived