talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group I - Matchday 1-3 (25-31st March, 2021)

football forum

We did ok tonight I guess. Not really an entertaining performance but it was an efficient performance. Albania arent a great side but a lot of teams would be happy with a 2.0 away win I think so it's ok 

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No need to have Phillips and Rice imo, get Mount in a deeper centre mid role but still attacking and get Grealish into that starting 11

edit: just realised Grealish is injured ain’t he? Still there will be other attacking options we could use 

1 minute ago, Danny said:

No need to have Phillips and Rice imo, get Mount in a deeper centre mid role but still attacking and get Grealish into that starting 11

edit: just realised Grealish is injured ain’t he? Still there will be other attacking options we could use 

Nope

I can’t imagine we’re going to look that convincing this Summer, similar performances in Southgates first tournament just with better players. Might end up being a bit more sound defensively if Rice plays like he did tonight 

On 31/03/2021 at 22:49, Lucas said:

Thank fuck that's Internationals done for a while.

Even as one of the bigger followers of England on here over the years, I have to agree.

It's very hard to make much of England in these games, to be honest, even against better opposition in Poland. I think for most teams really at the big tournaments, you either get your shit in order come the time of the tournament and find yourself in a good moment or not and that's it.

6 hours ago, carefreeluke said:

Even as one of the bigger followers of England on here over the years, I have to agree.

It's very hard to make much of England in these games, to be honest, even against better opposition in Poland. I think for most teams really at the big tournaments, you either get your shit in order come the time of the tournament and find yourself in a good moment or not and that's it.

That's international football summed up nicely 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived