talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What Time Do You Go To Bed?

football forum

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The title was changed to What Time Do You Go To Bed?

All you late nighters make me jealous, if I go to bed later than 20:00 without a day off next then I am dysfunctional. I've tried to stay up later, but I think I'm hard wired to be an early sleeper. 

Back in the day at college I used to stay up until 03:00/04:00 on the Xbox, but I couldn't handle that now xD.

Just now, Whiskey said:

All you late nighters make me jealous, if I go to bed later than 20:00 without a day off next then I am dysfunctional

Got a mate that does exactly the same thing... always goes to bed at 9:00pm weekdays on the dot and was out like a light in 5 minutes... same routine over and over, He would come in from work and have a certain amount of tv shows he would watch that wouldn't take him beyond 9 then he was off... Weekends he didn't care what time he went.. 

• Administrator

usually asleep by 11.30pm/midnight.

most of the time I'm actually in bed by 10/10.30pm and will watch some TV/Netflix before going to sleep.

I know a couple of lads that go bed at about 9pm as well and I always think it's not enough hours of the day where I'm not working if I go bed that early. 

I don't want my life to revolve around work, I do like my evenings as well.

1 hour ago, Whiskey said:

All you late nighters make me jealous, if I go to bed later than 20:00 without a day off next then I am dysfunctional. I've tried to stay up later, but I think I'm hard wired to be an early sleeper. 

Back in the day at college I used to stay up until 03:00/04:00 on the Xbox, but I couldn't handle that now xD.

!!! 😮

What the literal fuck time do you wake up?

10 minutes ago, Devil said:

I don't want my life to revolve around work, I do like my evenings as well.

I am the same, Can't stand the idea of just a work,sleep,work,sleep routine... I was really bad when I was working in Notts, 12 hour days getting up at 4am and I would never get to sleep before midnight at the very least... Better now though with 4 on 4 off... 

1 hour ago, Bluewolf said:

Got a mate that does exactly the same thing... always goes to bed at 9:00pm weekdays on the dot and was out like a light in 5 minutes... same routine over and over, He would come in from work and have a certain amount of tv shows he would watch that wouldn't take him beyond 9 then he was off... Weekends he didn't care what time he went.. 

Makes you wonder what the point of life is when all you do is go to work, eat tea and sleep. But we are all the same. 

No other living creature on earth are so controlled like us humans are. Most of us are slaves to a capitalist system. These YouTube bloggers, etc, who travel the world, have the right idea.

You can work all your life, save up money to better yourself then within an instant it's all gone because a government allow a virus from the other side of the globe to enter your country and you're selfishly expected to ruin your whole life to protect a shite country who will never repay the favour, leaving you in a hole for years after it and forgotten about as your mental and physical health deteriorate after being a healthy individual.

We are all a bunch of utter morons who need to wake up.

8 minutes ago, Harry said:

I'd go down between 11.30 and 12.30 now.

Before covid, and working from home, with the early morning commute to the city it'd be 45 mins earlier.

How do you find working from home?

I did it for a short period last year and couldn't stand it. The office we worked in wasn't big enough to keep us all in so three of us were chosen to work from home due to our responsibilities requiring the office space least but I found I felt like a complete outsider and I also felt the people who remained in the office resented those who were at home. 

Add the fact the kids were at home at that time as well, it was a total nightmare and I was actually relieved when they placed us all on furlough. 

1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

I am the same, Can't stand the idea of just a work,sleep,work,sleep routine... I was really bad when I was working in Notts, 12 hour days getting up at 4am and I would never get to sleep before midnight at the very least... Better now though with 4 on 4 off... 

Work and life balance is huge for me, I can't get my head around these people who live their jobs permanently. My job does involve an element of needing to be contactable at all times but I do make it clear once I'm in bed my phone won't be answered or replied to earlier than 7am so don't expect anything back from me. 

I've known managers in my game to have lads ringing them at 3am to report issues even though they know nothing can be done to change the situation until morning anyway. Not for me that and I make it clear to anyone, you ring or text me at daft o'clock it's not going to be answered. 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Makes you wonder what the point of life is when all you do is go to work, eat tea and sleep. But we are all the same. 

No other living creature on earth are so controlled like us humans are. Most of us are slaves to a capitalist system. These YouTube bloggers, etc, who travel the world, have the right idea.

You can work all your life, save up money to better yourself then within an instant it's all gone because a government allow a virus from the other side of the globe to enter your country and you're selfishly expected to ruin your whole life to protect a shite country who will never repay the favour, leaving you in a hole for years after it and forgotten about as your mental and physical health deteriorate after being a healthy individual.

We are all a bunch of utter morons who need to wake up.

I drink mine, therefore we are not the same.

10 minutes ago, Devil said:

Work and life balance is huge for me, I can't get my head around these people who live their jobs permanently.

Would be nice if you find that balance but in my early days I never had it, I was the one bringing in the money and at that time it meant doing every hour I could, overtime, staying late etc.. The missus looked after the kids and my one big regret is I hardly saw them when they were growing up because when I wasn't working and some of my days were 16+ hours back then I was so tired I would nod off during the opening credits of a film we rented which used to drive the missus nuts.. We once rented the same film 3 times because I fell asleep at the start of it. xD

I would be up and out the house before the kids were awake and wouldn't be getting home until it was so late they were asleep... Needs must back then, with 4 kids and bills needing paying I just worked and worked.. Lucky for me though I have Grandkids now and can make up some of those lost moments.. In them days I was always available any hour of the day it was just part of the job but in the past 15 years or so I have been lucky enough to have worked with teams that are/were good enough for me to take a fortnights holiday without me getting a single call as they just deal with the problems themselves... 

39 minutes ago, Harry said:

!!! 😮

What the literal fuck time do you wake up?

Start work at 08:00, so out of bed for around 07:30 to get ready, wash etc and commute (I work 10 mins away from my house, when Covid is over). 

20 minutes ago, Devil said:

Work and life balance is huge for me, I can't get my head around these people who live their jobs permanently. My job does involve an element of needing to be contactable at all times but I do make it clear once I'm in bed my phone won't be answered or replied to earlier than 7am so don't expect anything back from me. 

I've known managers in my game to have lads ringing them at 3am to report issues even though they know nothing can be done to change the situation until morning anyway. Not for me that and I make it clear to anyone, you ring or text me at daft o'clock it's not going to be answered. 

This 1000%. My life works around my job, not the other way around. I've always had the clear conscience that I'm happy to work over the expected hours every now and then if there's a genuine issue, but so many people I know work 24/7 and I can't get my head around it, nor do I think it's healthy. Once I've finished the day and turned my laptop/phone off I'm then unavailable until the next morning. 

Work to live, not live to work is a real motto that I live by. 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Start work at 08:00, so out of bed for around 07:30 to get ready, wash etc and commute (I work 10 mins away from my house, when Covid is over). 

Wait... So you sleep for 11 hours??? 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

This 1000%. My life works around my job, not the other way around. I've always had the clear conscience that I'm happy to work over the expected hours every now and then if there's a genuine issue, but so many people I know work 24/7 and I can't get my head around it, nor do I think it's healthy. Once I've finished the day and turned my laptop/phone off I'm then unavailable until the next morning. 

Work to live, not live to work is a real motto that I live by. 

100%.

Life satisfaction and happiness outside of work always takes precedence over anything at work, unless like you say there's an urgent issue (which thankfully are few and far between).

Unless I get paid a fuck load more I'm not putting myself in a position where my life/health has to take the strain. It's not worth it. 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

If I slept for 11 hours everyone would think I had gone into a coma in my house... 

If I went to bed at 20:00 everyone would think I'm gravely ill... 

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

100%.

Life satisfaction and happiness outside of work always takes precedence over anything at work, unless like you say there's an urgent issue (which thankfully are few and far between).

Unless I get paid a fuck load more I'm not putting myself in a position where my life/health has to take the strain. It's not worth it. 

At the last company I worked at we employed a young office admin and part of her job role was to book the hotel rooms for the lads who worked all over the country and would be in different places every night. Anyway sometimes they'd finish a job in London late and then have to travel a few hundred miles to a hotel for their next job the following day only to find the admin hadn't made payment so the rooms had been given to someone else.

It wasn't uncommon for me to be sat in front of my computer at 2am looking for hotel rooms for lads screaming down the phone because they were exhausted. 

Archived