• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

George Russell

football forum

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, MUFC said:

I hope next season that Ferrari, McLaren, Mercedes and RB are all close. Never works that way but it'll be great if it happened.

Ferrari have the strongest driver line-up for me (Well, maybe Mercedes next year too). So it'd be great if the car matches their drivers. 

• Subscriber
On 07/09/2021 at 16:25, RandoEFC said:

I hope you're joking. The paranoia about Hamilton spite on this forum is going beyond parody.

Thats a massive exaggeration, I’d say it’s quite the opposite. It’s become a parody and any minuscule chance there is to slate him for personal stuff… assumptions are made and people are all over it.

There’s only the minority(me) who has anything to say about it. Several people jumping on me time and time again recently for absolutely anything with false accusations and assumptions has made this place less enjoyable for me to post tbh. The clique and bandwagon posters.

I praised a lap of Lewis’ and got jumped on by a staff member for not praising Max and only praising Lewis. Can you actually seriously imagine if this was the other way round? And I quoted you or Tommy or Eco or Nudge? And said why aren’t you praising Lewis?  Why are you praising Max? You’d all be out as usual lynching me having each other’s backs.Why was this? To clearly impress the others and jump on the minority(me).

I get jumped on off multiple other posters and straight away the clique is there behind any post. 

The link to the article is below and be mindful that I initially acknowledged that there were no named sources or quotes and that it should be taken with a pinch of salt.

It is taken with a pinch of salt, I don’t believe it 😂

• Subscriber

I am honestly baffled by the claims that the majority are "anti-Hamilton" on this forum. We don't all cheer for him, but nobody, absolutely nobody from those of us who regularly post on here has ever questioned his talent and skill, or failed to recognize him as one of the best drivers in the history of F1. I also think that people have been relatively unbiased most of the time when discussing races as well, while obviously we all see things differently from time to time. But once again, I don't think anyone on here ever belittled him as a driver. Everything else is irrelevant, no? Or do you insist we should all like his public persona and cheer for him like you do? 

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, nudge said:

I am honestly baffled by the claims that the majority are "anti-Hamilton" on this forum. We don't all cheer for him, but nobody, absolutely nobody from those of us who regularly post on here has ever questioned his talent and skill, or failed to recognize him as one of the best drivers in the history of F1. I also think that people have been relatively unbiased most of the time when discussing races as well, while obviously we all see things differently from time to time. But once again, I don't think anyone on here ever belittled him as a driver. Everything else is irrelevant, no? Or do you insist we should all like his public persona and cheer for him like you do? 

Apart from @Tommywho hates his guts :ph34r:

• Subscriber

@JoshBRFC from what I've seen Eco was a dick to you assuming you were a Hamilton fanboy over something once recently, that's all I've personally seen and I called him out on it. My experience as a relative neutral (actually I prefer Lewis over Max) posting on this forum is that there's a bigger 'clique' that takes offence to anything posted about Hamilton that could be interpreted as negative than there is people out to get him. There is some going the other way but it's mostly just Tommy joking around and people taking him seriously. Like I said in another thread recently, it's just really fucking boring that we can't have rational discussions in this sub-forum half the time because people are too busy jumping down each other's throats because they're busy inferring offence or sleights against their preferred drivers where none was intended.

Anyway, we'll see how this pans out. It's too late for me to be arsed right now but when I find time I will go through my views on Hamilton's past team-mates, his experiences alongside them, how that has affected him over the years, the way the competitive landscape is in Formula 1 at the moment, and how all of those factors combine to make it absolutely believable that he's unhappy with the direction the team have taken here. The bottom line is, Mercedes have made a choice here to snap up George Russell before someone else offers him a competitive car, instead of continuing with the Hamilton-Bottas combination that has proven to be the perfect one to support Hamilton in competing for the world championship. Lewis isn't dumb, he'll start next year as a 37 year old and while I don't see why he couldn't be among the very top drivers until at least 40, the team in making this decision have for the first time looked beyond their 100% commitment towards him as their lead driver to ensure they have their preferred contingency plan in place for when he leaves. Mercedes has been very much "Hamilton's team" for the past 5 years and this is the first small step away from that.

5 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

@JoshBRFC from what I've seen Eco was a dick to you assuming you were a Hamilton fanboy over something once recently, that's all I've personally seen and I called him out on it. My experience as a relative neutral (actually I prefer Lewis over Max) posting on this forum is that there's a bigger 'clique' that takes offence to anything posted about Hamilton that could be interpreted as negative than there is people out to get him. There is some going the other way but it's mostly just Tommy joking around and people taking him seriously. Like I said in another thread recently, it's just really fucking boring that we can't have rational discussions in this sub-forum half the time because people are too busy jumping down each other's throats because they're busy inferring offence or sleights against their preferred drivers where none was intended.

@RandoEFC - I hate to knock you off your high horse, but Josh has even admitted in the past to be a fanboy and getting over emotional, and each time we are back to normal. Beside, is this (see below) what you consider calling me out for being a 'dick"?  

On 05/09/2021 at 11:00, RandoEFC said:

This is classic Internet right here. One person starts an argument about something that the other person never said at all and then others that have an agenda that the argument can be framed around are rushing to join in. Now we'll have a page of pro-Lewis this, anti-Lewis that. Just pack it in and save us the headache this once? Nobody actually mentioned whether they love or hate either of the title protagonists on this occasion yet every race thread has to end up being partially consumed by it. Can't be arsed lads.

If so, this isn't what I would call a 'telling off', just an accurate statement about how these conversations seem to go back and forth each week for the past few races now. If you want to tell me I'm being a dick, you might want to tag me. We've had threads about Lewis and Max, and each time someone says anything remotely for a driver not named Lewis Hamilton, @JoshBRFC has jumped on him/her calling them anti-Lewis fans. 

I still don't think anything I said was out of line. This year I think @JoshBRFC has been more emotional about his mates Messi and Lewis, and has even admitted it at times. Check the British GP thread - 

On 20/07/2021 at 13:23, JoshBRFC said:

After much deliberation I’ll hold my hand up I was being a defensive cunt with regards to Lewis. My opinion remains the same, but I was wrong to give shitty replies and insinuate  some of my most enjoyable posters eg @nudge and @RandoEFC are bias.

Basically don’t hate me. Love you all x x

I do really hope we get more wheel to wheel action like that first lap, it was brilliant. And roles reversed my opinion would genuinely not change. It’s a racing incident in my eyes. But I respect your opinions. After the lengthy replies to my shitty posts, this is all you’re getting. See you in Hungary :) 

So, if you take it all into context, and the constant 'great race' whenever Hamilton wins, but then when Max wins at his home GP, that was an absolutely brilliant track during all the practices, the GP, and the F3 race, yet with @JoshBRFC claiming it was a shit track and boring, and I, after weeks of hearing the 'woe is me' rhetoric, say that he (Josh) can't surely believe all the shit he says. It's the same thing you (Rando) have said in the past to him, nudge has said, and Tommy, so for the love of the high horse you sit upon, realize that I have nothing personal against Josh, and I'm just as tired of the anti-Lewis talk, but if we are going to end this, @JoshBRFC has to realize that wanting someone other than Lewis to win doesn't mean we are anti-Lewis in the personal sense or in any other form. 

I have spent more time than necessary applauding Lewis for his tenacity and accomplishments. Does his constant moaning about tires make me cringe a bit? Sure! But It is what it is and every single driver does something that becomes annoying, they're human.  

I'm so done with this nonsense, as this is literally the only place that I can discuss F1, and after the B.S. in SPA and this constant moaning and bitching and @JoshBRFC throwing his 'Lewis victim card' around each and every week is just tedious AF. 

• Subscriber
22 hours ago, Eco said:

@RandoEFC - I hate to knock you off your high horse, but Josh has even admitted in the past

I was playing up to a tag given to me when i thought it was a laugh, that changed with the realisation I now have. It’s funny being called a fanboy, I’ve played up to it and had a laugh with it with Messi for years. However in reality I like Norris and Russell just as much as Lewis at the moment. But that’s okay isn’t it as you all don’t dislike them so I’m allowed to say good things about them 2. (For example - i praised a P2 when Russell got it. I was ecstatic. Just as I was when Lewis got P2… was I singled out on that? No because that’s allowed by the bandwagon clique as he’s liked…. For now)  

The fact it infuriates people if I say something positive about a sportsman who isn’t liked by them is crazy. To the point where I’m called out and insulted and singled out for time and time again. Because said people are in denial about their hate so they manipulate it to seem like I’m the problem for being a fanboy. It never ever ever ever ever bothers me if people praise someone im not particularly a great fan of. Do you see me doing the same?! Can you imagine if I did? I’d be hounded like I am if I say anything good about the one you all dislike. 

I’m now just very bored of it all. It’s gone from what I thought was a laugh, to insulting and assumptions and overall cliquey witch hunting. And for that reason I’m done posting in here, and that’s nothing to do with the person or an individual, it’s the principle of the constant ongoing scenario against myself. So peace out. And I will not say one more word on the matter. 

4 hours ago, JoshBRFC said:

I was playing up to a tag given to me when i thought it was a laugh, that changed with the realisation I now have. It’s funny being called a fanboy, I’ve played up to it and had a laugh with it with Messi for years. However in reality I like Norris and Russell just as much as Lewis at the moment. But that’s okay isn’t it as you all don’t dislike them so I’m allowed to say good things about them 2. (For example - i praised a P2 when Russell got it. I was ecstatic. Just as I was when Lewis got P2… was I singled out on that? No because that’s allowed by the bandwagon clique as he’s liked…. For now)  

The fact it infuriates people if I say something positive about a sportsman who isn’t liked by them is crazy. To the point where I’m called out and insulted and singled out for time and time again. Because said people are in denial about their hate so they manipulate it to seem like I’m the problem for being a fanboy. It never ever ever ever ever bothers me if people praise someone im not particularly a great fan of. Do you see me doing the same?! Can you imagine if I did? I’d be hounded like I am if I say anything good about the one you all dislike. 

I’m now just very bored of it all. It’s gone from what I thought was a laugh, to insulting and assumptions and overall cliquey witch hunting. And for that reason I’m done posting in here, and that’s nothing to do with the person or an individual, it’s the principle of the constant ongoing scenario against myself. So peace out. And I will not say one more word on the matter. 

Bit of an overreaction, but okay. 

Archived