talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Is A Car An Athlete?

football forum

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The car is merely the vehicle of an athlete. I'm sure I don't need to explain what it takes to be a racing driver. One of the best in the world at that to make it into Formula 1. 

• The title was changed to Is A Car An Athlete?
  • Administrator

what's with all the weird questions these days xD 

Athlete is defined as:
a person who is proficient in sports and other forms of physical exercise.

Car:
t6vD8OK.gif

People who know nothing about motorsport racing underestimate of how much of a physical sport it is. Even when you go Go-Karting, you can feel the g-forces, and it gets phsyically exhausting after some time. Now imagine that at 300+ kmh. Also, F1 drivers have reflexes like fighter jet pilots, and you need a strong mentality too. 

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, Tommy said:

People who know nothing about motorsport racing underestimate of how much of a physical sport it is. Even when you go Go-Karting, you can feel the g-forces, and it gets phsyically exhausting after some time. Now imagine that at 300+ kmh. Also, F1 drivers have reflexes like fighter jet pilots, and you need a strong mentality too. 

I've been go-karting twice - the adrenaline is just something else and I loved the experience, but I was shit scared by all the better drivers than me lapping me and overtaking how a pro-driver would do so xD 

Just now, Stan said:

I've been go-karting twice - the adrenaline is just something else and I loved the experience, but I was shit scared by all the better drivers than me lapping me and overtaking how a pro-driver would do so xD 

I used to kart in leagues as a kid/teenager, as my aunt who won the lottery gifted me a go-kart. I think that's when I peaked. Wasn't too bad either. 

8 minutes ago, Stan said:

I joined a go-karting club and a month later Covid hit, fuck you science. 

Agree with the above though, the adrenaline is brilliant and you feel like you're doing 200mph (then watch the video back and you look like a snail xD). I got semi fast, but the people that went every night without fail were like me trying to race Lewis Hamilton.

27 minutes ago, Tommy said:

sounds like starcraft

is a videogame an athlete?

33 minutes ago, Stan said:

what's with all the weird questions these days xD 

Athlete is defined as:
a person who is proficient in sports and other forms of physical exercise.

Car:
t6vD8OK.gif

what about a horse?

48 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

More of a performance athlete than a chess player that's for sure. 

I raise the stakes and claim that high level clicking in a game like Starcraft, DOTA, and LOL, is equivalent to formula 1

Archived