talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Financial Fair Play to be scrapped?

football forum

@Devil-Dick Willie is sweet talking the NFL but he hasn’t mentioned some of the Blubbering sunflowers rules like franchise tagging, guaranteed and unguaranteed salary, intentional tanking for draft picks, and what counts to the salary cap could be more or less than what a player actually receives due to how contacts are structured.

Teams don’t have to be successful, they can just exist and earn money, there is no punishment if a team is consistently bad. If a team is in a large market, they have no incentive to win. Look at the Bears, Jets, Lions, Browns, they can just have a façade of competition and rake in billions every year. There is actually very little parity in the NFL despite the fact that it is designed to have parity. The NHL is by far the league with the most parity. 

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Spike said:

@Devil-Dick Willie is sweet talking the NFL but he hasn’t mentioned some of the Blubbering sunflowers rules like franchise tagging, guaranteed and unguaranteed salary, intentional tanking for draft picks, and what counts to the salary cap could be more or less than what a player actually receives due to how contacts are structured.

Teams don’t have to be successful, they can just exist and earn money, there is no punishment if a team is consistently bad. If a team is in a large market, they have no incentive to win. Look at the Bears, Jets, Lions, Browns, they can just have a façade of competition and rake in billions every year. There is actually very little parity in the NFL despite the fact that it is designed to have parity. The NHL is by far the league with the most parity. 

I know nothing about the NHL, so wouldn't know. I do strongly believe the NFL is FAR better than uefa. Far, far better. Yes, I don't like the lack of relegation and the moving of franchises. But hot damn if it isn't more interesting saying the winners since 2000 have been 

Rams x2
Buccs x2
KC
Pats x5
Eagles
Broncos
Pats 
Sea Hawks
Ravens x2
Giants x2
Packers
Saints 
Steelers x2
Colts

Than 
United a bunch
Chelsea a bunch
City a bunch
Arsenal twice, Liverpool and Leicester once a piece.  

48 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I know nothing about the NHL, so wouldn't know. I do strongly believe the NFL is FAR better than uefa. Far, far better. Yes, I don't like the lack of relegation and the moving of franchises. But hot damn if it isn't more interesting saying the winners since 2000 have been 

Rams x2
Buccs x2
KC
Pats x5
Eagles
Broncos
Pats 
Sea Hawks
Ravens x2
Giants x2
Packers
Saints 
Steelers x2
Colts

Than 
United a bunch
Chelsea a bunch
City a bunch
Arsenal twice, Liverpool and Leicester once a piece.  

You can’t compare a league and a cup tournament. You know this well, because you’ve watched NRL and know that the minor premiers and grand final winners don’t always match up

I also don’t think it is so simple to compare NFL to soccer because the turnover of players is high and their career windows are tiny in NFL. Elite players may only have two seasons at their peak, so the turnover of franchise competitiveness is quite high. 

• 2 months later...

Nothing they do will work but they should be more concerned with the clubs in heavy debt then the clubs with none what so ever

European clubs with the most debt

Let’s take a look at the full list of the most debt-ridden sides in Europe.

#ClubLeagueDebt

1.Barcelona €1.35B

2.Juventus €900M

3.Tottenham €826M

4.Inter €702M

5.AC Milan €666M

6.Real Madrid €662M

7.Arsenal €625M

8.Atletico Madrid €523M

9.Manchester United €450M

10.Liverpool €386M

On 23/03/2022 at 14:04, Devil-Dick Willie said:

It's always been so odd to me. 

Europe, which is more economically left wing and far happier for it than the US, has such a grossly capitalist financial system in place for football, that leaves your typical capitalist top 1% in the money and everyone else in the shitter. You'd think they'd learn from their individual economic situations and convert that over.
However the US for the NFL has a MUCH more fair and reasonable system that allocates resources to those most in need so that things don't get too stale. Yes, the richest clubs can always pay the salary cap, and keep more of their top players more often, but it's SO much fairer and still requires some actual brain power from the teams staff, rather than Manchester United finishing top 4 because they have a shit manager, players who can't be arsed and a vague system, but lots of money. Again, you'd think they'd learn from NFL that that's transferable to the population but again, nup. 

You can make the counterpoint that the US system also leads to some teams that are just happy to be shit and collect billions each year with no repercussions. A lot of teams are cyclically bad/good in the US. Some are just always bad: the San Diego Padres, the Detroit Lions, the (insert typically bad NBA team), and (insert typically bad NHL team).

Tbf some of those teams don't always try to be bad, they just end up being shit (like San Diego's baseball team) even if they spend the big bucks xD

On 08/06/2022 at 02:22, Happy Blue said:

Nothing they do will work but they should be more concerned with the clubs in heavy debt then the clubs with none what so ever

European clubs with the most debt

Let’s take a look at the full list of the most debt-ridden sides in Europe.

#ClubLeagueDebt

1.Barcelona €1.35B

2.Juventus €900M

3.Tottenham €826M

4.Inter €702M

5.AC Milan €666M

6.Real Madrid €662M

7.Arsenal €625M

8.Atletico Madrid €523M

9.Manchester United €450M

10.Liverpool €386M

Most businesses run with some debt. Look at the debts of the bottom 5 of those clubs compared to their income and their debts seem pretty manageable (dunno about AC Milan tbh, but they've gone through an ownership change recently).

Very few businesses in the world have no creditors. Not everyone can operate like City or PSG and just have a nation bankroll them, or like Chelsea and have a loan upwards of a billion written off because his ties to Putin have finally come and bite him in the arse xD

52 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Most businesses run with some debt. Look at the debts of the bottom 5 of those clubs compared to their income and their debts seem pretty manageable (dunno about AC Milan tbh, but they've gone through an ownership change recently).

Very few businesses in the world have no creditors. Not everyone can operate like City or PSG and just have a nation bankroll them, or like Chelsea and have a loan upwards of a billion written off because his ties to Putin have finally come and bite him in the arse xD

Everything won with this kind of debt is just bought and fake though, see how that works ;) 

12 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Everything won with this kind of debt is just bought and fake though, see how that works ;) 

Whatever helps all 7 of you Man City fans in the world sleep at night, I guess

16 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Whatever helps all 7 of you Man City fans in the world sleep at night, I guess

People insist on believing or telling lies about my club, you know the team that holds the attendance record outside of Wembley 84,569 fans when we was crap and had no money 😂  ..if you look these days we had 3 million turn up for the title parade :ph34r:

0389-E47-F-21-CA-4-DC6-A8-AA-54-BA0-DBE6726.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived