talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Vinyl

football forum

Any record collectors on here? Just started collecting this year, my latest pickup is a 180g repress of The Smiths' Meat is Murder.
I have a 1989 SL1200 Technics mk2, this bad boy, ,though mine has a bit more cosmetic wear and tear

FRISKY News | Is the next generation Technics SL-1200 better than ever?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Bluewolf said:

Got over 2000 vinyl records..

which do you most prize? also strange you'd post baker mayfield of all people, didn't take you as a grid iron watcher

so many people dropped them like a bad habit, I wish i was quicker onto the train of people buying up all the old ones, now the market is overblown and filled with price gouging

3 minutes ago, Spike said:

which do you most prize?

Now that is an interesting question indeed... I prize them all differently because although a record I own might not have a monetary value for example they are all memories of different periods in my life... When I play or hear them they transport me back in time and I could probably tell you a story or two off the back of them... Most of them are boxed away in the loft now because I used to have them all shelved up in alphabetical order but had to store them away to create some additional space in the house... 

23 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Now that is an interesting question indeed... I prize them all differently because although a record I own might not have a monetary value for example they are all memories of different periods in my life... When I play or hear them they transport me back in time and I could probably tell you a story or two off the back of them... Most of them are boxed away in the loft now because I used to have them all shelved up in alphabetical order but had to store them away to create some additional space in the house... 

I like my Primitive Man by Icehouse. It's not the best record or really worth much, but it does remind me of when I was a kid, not to mention I was very surprised to find it in a bargain bin in the USA for about $5, kind of shocking considering I don't think they had much international success.

I do think this is one of the greatest pop songs ever created by an Australian band

12 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I think one of my favourites would be David Bowies Fashions Singles... 10 Picture Disc set from 1982 comes in a nice folder... 

See the source image

now those are cool. Do they all have Fashion on the A Side and the same B side?

I have 180g repressings of scary monsters and low and they sound phenomenal

3 minutes ago, Spike said:

nice, just checked out some online listings for the set, good condition is north of 150quid

My kids are going to have loads of stuff to sift through when I finally pop my clogs... xD

Always enjoyed collecting records, I appreciate the ease of which things are now to have on you with technology and what have you but there is nothing like hearing that needle hit the vinyl and the crackle just before the song starts playing.. bliss, then flipping it over and playing the B side.. 

Some of my all time favourites are in no particular order... 

Stranglers Black&White 

Got that in Grey Marble.. 

See the source image

Also their 'No More Heroes' album 

See the source image

Got a few Iron Maiden albums on Picture disc as well like 'Powerslave' among others.. 

See the source image

'Setting Sons' the Jam

See the source image

The Clash 'Give Em Enough Rope' 

See the source image

Gary Numan 'Living Ornaments' box set 

See the source image

Got a few Pink Floyd & Thin Lizzy albums as well... 

See the source image

See the source image

Got so many I couldn't give a comprehensive list of the top of my head... I have coloured Vinyl's, Shapes, Promos, Gatefold Albums the lot.. nice mix of Albums, 12 inch and singles.. 

• Upvote 1

I've been collecting vinyl since I was a teenager too. I had over 1600 albums but pared it down to around 500 now.

Some valuable ones............

Velvet Underground with Neco (with the Andy Warhol cover banana that peels). 

Sgt Pepper with the original pull out.

Rolling Stones' Satanic Majesty's Request (with the original 3D cover)

Lots of coloured vinyl, picture vinyl etc.

Quite a few signed various albums including All Things Must Pass signed by George.

1 hour ago, Scouse_Mouse said:

I've been collecting vinyl since I was a teenager too. I had over 1600 albums but pared it down to around 500 now.

Some valuable ones............

Velvet Underground with Neco (with the Andy Warhol cover banana that peels). 

Sgt Pepper with the original pull out.

Rolling Stones' Satanic Majesty's Request (with the original 3D cover)

Lots of coloured vinyl, picture vinyl etc.

Quite a few signed various albums including All Things Must Pass signed by George.

Is the Velvet Underground an original with the sticker still on it? they only sold like 30,000 of those, and to still have the sticker on it is insane

unreal that you have a signed Harrison record

43 minutes ago, Spike said:

Is the Velvet Underground an original with the sticker still on it? they only sold like 30,000 of those, and to still have the sticker on it is insane

unreal that you have a signed Harrison record

Yeah, the Velvet Underground album has a yellow sticky banana with a pink banana underneath, the later albums just had the yellow banana on the cover. The album itself is in good condition, but the cover is a bit tatty. 

My cousin dated George when the Beatles had just come back from Hamburg, she stayed in touch and years later she got a few things signed including my All Things Must Pass album.

• Wow 1

18 minutes ago, Scouse_Mouse said:

Yeah, the Velvet Underground album has a yellow sticky banana with a pink banana underneath, the later albums just had the yellow banana on the cover. The album itself is in good condition, but the cover is a bit tatty. 

My cousin dated George when the Beatles had just come back from Hamburg, she stayed in touch and years later she got a few things signed including my All Things Must Pass album.

you should have put on a wig and dated him when eric clapton moved in on his territory 

Edited by Spike

59 minutes ago, Spike said:

Picked up New Order's Power, Corruption, and Lies. Bloody expensive as well but at least it's a local record store and it's always good to support those

I still have a store Townsend Records (in Blackburn I think) that I still support.

Give them a try if you are looking for some great vinyl.

3 minutes ago, Scouse_Mouse said:

I still have a store Townsend Records (in Blackburn I think) that I still support.

Give them a try if you are looking for some great vinyl.

cant say i am around blackburn often! or ever

2 minutes ago, Scouse_Mouse said:

Toronto ain't that close either Spike.

It's just one of those places that sold vinyl on line after everyone else had stopped, I still try to give them my business for what it's worth.

toronto is actually very close, only like eight hours drive

4 minutes ago, Spike said:

i live in chicago, so its driveable

Ive done that drive many times Spike. Now it's easier (and much quicker) to fly with Porter. 

Liverpool have played few times now at Soldier Field so have been there for those. 

Have you been to AJ Hudsons? 

Just now, Scouse_Mouse said:

Ive done that drive many times Spike. Now it's easier (and much quicker) to fly with Porter. 

Liverpool have played few times now at Soldier Field so have been there for those. 

Have you been to AJ Hudsons? 

no, i would usually go to the globe instead