talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Lewandowski or Kane? (Gerrard Insecurity Thread)

football forum

Who is the better forward?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the better forward?

• Lewandowski
    • Kane

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

You just knew that quote would come from Paul Merson xD. Not even a discussion, Lewandowski all day and anyone who says otherwise is deluded.

I just googled it and Lewandowski has scored 35 goals in 25 games. Even taking into account that the premier league is stronger I dont think anyone with good knowledge would agree with merson. 

I will never understand the “he’s only doing it in Germany” comment, has he watched the standard of the Premier League at times? There are people who genuinely think the Prem has been the benchmark for world football for the last two decades, even though that’s been La Liga.

But if you’re talking players at their peaks it’s Lewandowski all day, look at the amount of times he’s hit 40+ in a season. And

24 minutes ago, Moon Monkey said:

You can't compare the two, one is playing for the top club in what has been a one sided German league

The other in an average team in the Premier league, a league which is a lot more competitive 

Stupid comparison by Merson

There being one more “big” side in England at any one time that can win the league does not make the league as a whole more competitive, nor does it paper over the fact that Lewandowski has been hitting numbers much higher than Kane for so long

1 minute ago, Danny said:

There being one more “big” side in England at any one time that can win the league does not make the league as a whole more competitive, nor does it paper over the fact that Lewandowski has been hitting numbers much higher than Kane for so long

It is more competitive 

No one is papering over the facts, Lewandowski is a great player, stats are fantastic,  I'm simply saying you can't compare the two,  as we don't know how either would get on in the others club.

3 minutes ago, Moon Monkey said:

It is more competitive 

No one is papering over the facts, Lewandowski is a great player, stats are fantastic,  I'm simply saying you can't compare the two,  as we don't know how either would get on in the others club.

Again bar the fact that the Prem generally has two good teams as good as Bayern and Bundesliga has only had Dortmund every now and then there has been little between the leagues for last decade. Close enough to compare, the world does not revolve around English football

British pundits who clearly don't watch any foreign football should really stop being asked questions and given a platform to speak about foreign leagues. If someone asks me what's better, British food or Venezuelan food, I'd say I don't know.

so the fact that bayern is heads and shoulders above the other 17 teams make the entire german league uncompetitive? i don’t buy that at all, bayern would be twenty points clear every year in the prem, they are just that good, they’d win any league in europe without a doubt.

Just now, Danny said:

Again bar the fact that the Prem generally has two good teams as good as Bayern and Bundesliga has only had Dortmund every now and then there has been little between the leagues for last decade

Last ten years has shown the Premier league to have more Champions, than a German league dominated by Bayern, worth pointing out, Spurs have never dominated in England, always also rans, 

This is why it's a stupid comparison by Merson, as you could argue its easier to Score for the German Champions year on year, than an average Spurs side, in a tougher league.

Just now, Danny said:

the world does not revolve around English football

Correct, I fail to see the point of that add on though. 

I don't care where they're playing. Lewandoski shows more overall ability, has absolutely a better shot from both in and outside of the box, positional play, weak foot, better chance conversion, never goes missing in big games, doesn't dive nearly as much, the list goes on. Only a fraction of the the PL fanbase would even pose the question, which speaks volumes. I have a lot of time for Harry Kane btw.

Paul Merson's opinions aren't even worth getting pressed over though. He's got quite a record of terrible takes.

I’d argue that since Jamie McClaren scores tonnes of goals for an even worse team than Bayern and Spuds, and the league has had even more winners that both EPL and Bundesliga, that McClaren is the superior footballer, and the A League is the more competitive league.

Also standard of ability is not the same as competitive. 

• Subscriber

The comments about Lewandowski that are rubbish, that are also rubbish when it comes to Haaland, are that they've only done it in Germany. Does Europe count for nothing now?

I do think the Premier League is stronger than the Bundesliga now, used to think there was very little in it but I think the Premier League is probably a little stronger whilst the Bundesliga, I feel it's gone a bit downhill. But there's more to it than just that. You could easily aim a case at someone like Mbappe who has only ever played in French football and nobody disputes he's one of the best about.

49 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

He's "only" one it in the 2nd best league in the world currently? Okay. 
The only things Kane tears up is his ACL and the English language. Speaking of English, if Storts could read he'd be very mad at us. 

at least with storts it makes sense, no spuds fan could pick another player over kane. it is the same with liverpool fans and their expert in failure

2 hours ago, Danny said:

Not really true though is it? You've only got to go back a couple of seasons when Citeh and Liverpool put on the best head to head title races we have ever seen.

2 hours ago, Moon Monkey said:

We have been comparing footballers playing on different clubs since footy began so obviously the two can be compared. 

For me Lewandowski is a much better player. Nothing to do with who plays in the better league and certainly nothing to do with who plays on the better team.

Lewandowski better hands down imo.

Archived