talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Lewandowski or Kane? (Gerrard Insecurity Thread)

football forum

Who is the better forward?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the better forward?

• Lewandowski
    • Kane

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's easy to use stats to determine this one.

Joelinton scored 7 goals in 29 Bundesliga appearances, a goal every 4.1 games. He also scored 3 goals in 59 Premier League appearances, a goal every 19.6 games. Moving from the Bundesliga to the Premier League will therefore make your goal tally 4.7 times worse. 

Lewandowski has a goal every 0.71 games this season in the Bundesliga. The equivalent to a goal every 3.3 games in the Premier League. Harry Kane has a goal every 1.58 games.

In conclusion if Lewandowski played in the Premier League he'd probably be at the level of somewhere between Ollie Watkins and Che Adams.

Close poll.

:ph34r:

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Someone needs to make totallyseriousandnobanterallowedfootballforums.com for all the special snowflakes out there.

I expect better from a mod on here. This is not on. 

To be fair to the lad, banter or ball breaking is harmless. Like when your mate jokingly calls you gay or the R word, but it doesn't matter, because you aren't and therefore it's harmless. But if someone brought up a tender spot with a grain of truth you might get defensive. (before I had braces as a kid calling me shark boy was a death sentence for example) 

If we were out here calling Beckham shit, the united fans wouldn't care because they don't need to be defensive about it, his quality speaks for itself. 
If we called Drogba shit, the Chelsea fans would roll their eyes. 
Pour shit on Gerrard and boy golly the truth hurts. 

It's the truth in the matter that hurts. Once a players career is over and you can inspect it retroactively, all the positive and negatives are in the air and there's nowhere to hide.
The golden boy didn't deliver. Everything Liverpool achieved could have been done without him, he was well behind Lampard, a player who to be fair to Stevie G was well ahead of his time, and worse, the whole nation bought into the hype and pinned their hopes on the wrong midfielder. 

He was a fantastic player, hammer foot and quality pings. Club legend? Of course. World class? You're dreaming.

11 hours ago, Scouse_Mouse said:

Not really true though is it? You've only got to go back a couple of seasons when Citeh and Liverpool put on the best head to head title races we have ever seen.

I said there being one more big side in England, I.e. 2 clubs max actually in the title race

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Danny said:

I said there being one more big side in England, I.e. 2 clubs max actually in the title race

You didn't specifically mention Liverpool so he got offended. 

17 hours ago, Tommy said:

Hmm, let me think. 

Ferrari-F8-Tributo-bigMobileWide-1054d77

or

91418ad5a3d4e954868e5d357c9ae786.jpg

Easy. You buy the Ferrari and wait for about 5 years, in which it will roughly double its value, then you sell it. With the money you can buy a small EV that will allow you to find a parking lot with ease, like a VW ID.3 for example and a hybrid for longer commutes at high speeds like a C class for example. After that you still have enough to buy an apartement and the little Ford as a beginner car for your son/daughter.

2 hours ago, Stan said:

You didn't specifically mention Liverpool so he got offended. 

Zzzzzzzzzzz:coffee:

3 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Someone needs to make totallyseriousandnobanterallowedfootballforums.com for all the special snowflakes out there.

Says the snowflake who had a tantrum and was pretending to ignore me.xD

• Subscriber

Kane is still incredibly underrated as a footballer. 

As a goalscorer you're picking Lewandowski of course. The track record speaks for itself, however you put Kane in that Bayern team I really don't think you see a drop off at all.

Kane is a better all round player than RL. His passing range is absolutely ridiculous, he does everything so well. He's strong defensively, he's our best playmaker and obviously a phenomenal goalscorer. It's fashionable to criticise him, he's had it his whole career, for the way he talks and the club he plays for - but he's a consummate professional and role model, and an exceptional player that gets better and better.

When all is said and done he's probably going to be England's record goalscorer and the Premier League's top goalscorer. Just depending on where his career takes him next. 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Storts said:

Kane still incredibly underrated as a footballer. 

Choosing a player of Lewandowski's calibre doesn't also mean Kane becomes underrated. 

I do agree with the rest of it. Anyone taking the piss out of how he speaks just means they have nothing else to pick at him for so end up being personal. 

15 minutes ago, Storts said:

Kane still incredibly underrated as a footballer. 

As a goalscorer you're picking Lewandowski of course. The track record speaks for itself, however you put Kane in that Bayern team I really don't think you see a drop off at all.

Kane is a better all round player than RL. His passing range is absolutely ridiculous, he does everything so well. He's strong defensively, he's our best playmaker and obviously a phenomenal goalscorer. It's fashionable to criticise him, he's had it his whole career, for the way he talks and the club he plays for - but he's a consummate professional and role model, and an exceptional player that gets better and better.

When all is said and done he's probably going to be England's record goalscorer and the Premier League's top goalscorer. Just depending on where his career takes him next. 

He’s been so underrated that everyone says Real Madrid are gunna buy him every Summer

• Subscriber
18 minutes ago, Stan said:

Choosing a player of Lewandowski's calibre doesn't also mean Kane becomes underrated. 

I do agree with the rest of it. Anyone taking the piss out of how he speaks just means they have nothing else to pick at him for so end up being personal. 

You just have to see the comments on forums, comments all over social media, he gets attacked more than any top player I know. Look at some of the foreign contingent even in this thread. He is definitely underrated as a footballer, no question about it.

12 minutes ago, Storts said:

You just have to see the comments on forums, comments all over social media, he gets attacked more than any top player I know. Look at some of the foreign contingent even in this thread. He is definitely underrated as a footballer, no question about it.

Because he is English. I've said this before, but the English are very negative towards their own talent, and it happens in a lot of countries. Joe Hart for me was never anywhere near as bad in his prime as some said he was.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Mpache said:

Because he is English. I've said this before, but the English are very negative towards their own talent, and it happens in a lot of countries. Joe Hart for me was never anywhere near as bad in his prime as some said he was.

Oh yeah this definitely true. We love tearing down our own 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Mpache said:

Lewandowski and Kane are the 2 best in the world. I think Lukaku needs to be considered in that world class tier though. I'd have him third. He's the only one who comes close to those two I would think.

I loved watching Lukaku and always say we should never have got rid of him, Conte did not want to sell him at Chelsea I do believe but Conte has got him back now at Inter and you can see why Conte did not want him to go from Chelsea, Lukaku is on fire.

Archived