• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Question a Member: Whiskey

football forum

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

If you had to drink one brand of whisky for the rest of your life, which one would it be?

Neat or on the rocks?

Regular ice or whiskey stones?

A tumbler or a Glencairn glass?

Johnnie Walker Black Label or Chivas Regal 12?

Speyside or Highlands?

Islay whiskies - yes or no?

Peat, sherry, or both?

Worst whisky you ever had?

Shaken or stirred?

Who are your Heroes?

What is the best new tv show you've seen in last 18 months?

Same period best movie?

What computer game have you played the most hours of since covid?

Scotch neat or with ice?

What's the most expensive Scotch you've ever bought with your own money?

Have you ever visited Egypt?

What is the last time you sang a song for an audience?

If you were a river which River would you be?

If you could see any natural site which would it be? 

If you could see any historical site which would it be? 

How tall are you?

Boxers or briefs?

• Administrator

What was your first Schalke game?

Favourite Schalke player? 

If you played for Schalke what would your favourite position be and why would it be on their bench? 

8 hours ago, Spike said:

Do you ever get jock itch? If so, what ointments do you use on your red, peeling, balls?

All the time, but my team-mates love the smell of my balls in the changing room afterwards so it's something to look forward to, as opposed to being embarrassed about. If you'd like to PM me your jock itch stories, I can point you in the right direction ointment wise - from light rash to cheese grater peeling levels I've got you covered.

• The topic was pinned
On 28/03/2021 at 00:58, nudge said:

If you had to drink one brand of whisky for the rest of your life, which one would it be?

Macallan, I've never had a bad bottle of theirs nor have I had one which I wouldn't rate 10/10. I'd happily inject it into my veins, so would take this to a desert island with me and drink it forever if needed. It's also the brand that I would buy if I won the lottery, for example just replying to this question I've found a 50 year old, £135,000 Macallan that I would kill for :x.

Neat or on the rocks?

Whenever I get a new whiskey I drink it neat, just to see what it's genuinely like. Day to day though I have it on the rocks, I tend to get really bad heartburn (pussy, I know) from most things, and due to the nature of whiskey tend to enjoy it more on the rocks. 

Regular ice or whiskey stones?

Regular ice is just fine for me, I don't actually have stones at the moment so you've reminded me to invest in some!

A tumbler or a Glencairn glass?

I've started collecting glasses, although in the start of my collecting so to speak. I do love the way that glasses look a whiskey cabinet, so the Glencairn all the way for me. I managed to get a really nice one from Oban when my parents went up there last year.

Johnnie Walker Black Label or Chivas Regal 12?

Chivas! (Johnnie Walker is one of the better ''commercial'' drinks though)

Speyside or Highlands?

Speyside!

Islay whiskies - yes or no?

Yes!

Peat, sherry, or both?

Anything with sherry gets a massive thumbs up from me. Like, if you asked me to make a whiskey from scratch with no expenses spared I would have my drinks matured in a sherry cask for a good while. I just think it can elevate a ''good'' tipple into an outstanding one, even to the level that it could originally be pretty average and become something that I quite enjoy xD.

I'll be honest peat is the only thing that I'm a bit apprehensive about when it comes to whiskey, it takes too much away from the taste IMO so it's something that I tend to back away from when I'm browsing for my next bottle. Not totally against it though!

Worst whisky you ever had?

Haig Club. Tried it once and would have rather poured it into my eye socket. I had half a glass and threw it out. 

Shaken or stirred?

Shaken, not stirred my dear Ings!

On 28/03/2021 at 02:22, Harry said:

Who are your Heroes?

Aside from my parents and close family I'd say Tim Howard, someone who I really looked up to in my youth as I was a goalkeeper at the same time he moved to Everton. I loved everything about him and tried to mimic the way in which he approached and played the game when I went to then train and play in my own team during the week and at the weekend. I just haven't got enough good words to say about Tim, he really inspired me. 

What is the best new tv show you've seen in last 18 months?

I'm proper shit when it comes to TV, I get the piss taken out of me all the time because the amount of films/series that I've watched is painfully low. When lockdown started the wife and I started Suits though and we couldn't stop watching it, watched about 2-3 episodes a night constantly from start to finish, so as uninspiring as it sounds I'd say that xD. I honestly couldn't tell you what the latest series are, I'm such a boomer on this topic.

Same period best movie?

The last ''great'' film I watched was Joker, but that was in the cinema so will have been over a year ago now! As above, I've not really watched many films lately, so would have to pass. I keep meaning to watch ''Escape from Pretoria'' and ''Tenet'' though, so ask me in six months and I'll probably name either of them!

What computer game have you played the most hours of since covid?

Beside the boring answer of Football Manager (I rack up around 1000 hours each release) I'd say COD: Warzone, as it's something that I can pick up and play and has allowed me to keep in contact with my close friends, keeping in touch with some form of reality amongst this craziness that is lockdown. When the restrictions first started too I absolutely binged on Animal Crossing believe it or not, made an island and sank around 600 hours into it. I haven't played since around July/August now, but I absolutely smashed the life and soul out of it - had some great nights with people too.

Single player wise? Assassins Creed: Valhalla, Cyberpunk 2077, Watch Dogs: Legion and the Super Mario 64 Remake kept me busy. 

Scotch neat or with ice?

Ice, ice, baby.

What's the most expensive Scotch you've ever bought with your own money?

I put on my bucket list to drink a whiskey older than myself, so at the age of 26 I bought a £350 bottle of Douglas Laing XOP which was 30 years old.

Have you ever visited Egypt?

Nope, sadly. One of my biggest loves in life is to travel and I've managed to tick off most of Europe had planned (pre-Covid) to really attack the likes of America and Asia, alongside some of the jewels of Africa such as Egypt.

What is the last time you sang a song for an audience?

Probably at a Xmas Nativity in Primary School xD, unless we're counting singing at a football match! I can't sing, so wouldn't get far in front of a crowd.

If you were a river which River would you be?

The Amazon, because I love Amazon Prime.

If you could see any natural site which would it be? 

My favourite place is Norway, so one of the ''Seven Sisters'' in Geiranger, Norway.

If you could see any historical site which would it be? 

The Colosseum, Rome. I love Italy too.

How tall are you?

I'm 6'0. I seemed to grow most of that in my youth too, I was always one of the tallest.

Boxers or briefs?

Boxers all the way, you aren't living life right if you don't have a pair of CK's under the hood.

On 28/03/2021 at 09:02, CaaC (John) said:

Other than Schalke which other teams do you like/dislike the most?

As a die-hard Schalke fan, I have a hatred of Red Bull Leipzig, they are everything shit about modern football. In terms of England; Norwich, West Brom and Watford can all be filed under ''pointless, shouldn't exist'' so I suppose that is a dislike. Loving Schalke is enough for me, I don't like anyone else.

What is your favourite whisky brand?

Macallan :x

On 28/03/2021 at 09:20, Stan said:

What was your first Schalke game?

Schalke vs. Alianza Lima, the game was 4-4 before being abandoned due to crowd trouble in the 69th minute.

Favourite Schalke player? 

Klaas-Jan Huntelaar :x

If you played for Schalke what would your favourite position be and why would it be on their bench? 

f u.

• Administrator
17 hours ago, Batard said:

What can I get for a Twix and a bottle of 7UP?

A reach-around and a Dirty Sanchez is the going rate up north apparently. 

• The topic was locked

Archived