• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What Your Team Needs To Push On Next Season

football forum

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

He’s been meh. Fucks up that much that he needs to tackle everyone and looks lost when going forward. @The Palace Fan did you rate him when he was playing for you?

He was brilliant for us but it was clear when we sold him he needed to improve his attacking play if he wants to be United right back for the next 10+ years.

CB is a must. Davies isn’t fancied, Williams isn’t good enough, Phillips will end up at a newly promoted team & Kabak has a long way to go to convince me we need to sign him permanently. VVD coming off a terrible injury, Gomez coming back from his own bad injury and Matip being so unreliable means we could do with two permanent additions to be safe. 

RB cover. Neco Williams isn’t going to the the man to take over from Trent if he is moved further up the pitch. And even if he never is moved from RWB, then we need better cover. 

CM. Send Ox on his way and replace him with somebody more suited to our system. Gini is most likely going, but we have Fab, Keita, Jones, Milner, Thiago & Henderson all fighting for 3 places, so it’s not absolutely crucial. 

We need a replacement for Divock when he goes. Preferably one who can score regularly. Mane has had a really bad season as well as Firmino so that has to be looked at. Firmino especially has been on the slip for a while, so we can just get Haaland in to replace him. Sorted. 

• Administrator
43 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

That wont be hard, it's got all kinds of shit in, people are getting ill as fuck!!

Yeah and they're staying so ill the NHS is becoming vastly overwhelmed...

• Subscriber

Already partially in the works but a CB shakeup. Alaba is gone, Boateng is likely gone, Süle is a little up in the air but hes got another year on his contract. Upamecano is confirmed coming in, him and Lucas Hernandez are likely and hopefully to be our backline going forward with or without Süle in the mix and a couple of promising talents behind that may or may not get a chance to fill in the gaps. 

A quality backup RB is needed, Sarr has proven hes not capable of that role, need to move on from him.

Backup CM - Javi Martinez is off, Tolisso is a bit up in the air still but he does have another year on his contract, much like Süle im fine with him staying but if he does leave we will need a capable replacement. Basically we will have no coverage for Kimmich , Roca is the only one ish? hes gotten very little time and doesnt seem to have Flicks vote of confidence so if hes not going to play or not going to get a chance we need cover there. Also somewhat in the mix here is what happens with Cuisance, if OM purchase him or not. 

A strong decision regarding the goalkeeper. Barkas has never been given a chance to settle and now his confidence is shredded, and Bain and Hazard are only ever going to be backup quality. Either sign a new GK, or go all-in on Barkas and give him a season as clear first choice.

Stability at CB. Ajer and Jullien are a decent pairing on paper but Ajer is needed too often at RB and Jullien has had injury issues. With Ajer likely being sold and Duffy being sent back, a couple of incomings will likely be needed.

A permanent RB. Ralston obviously is not going to be first-choice standard. Kenny has looked pretty good so hopefully his deal can be made permanent for a reasonable fee.

A permanent LB. Laxalt has looked decent and is clearly a level above Greg Taylor, so again it's a matter of pursuing a permanent deal though I doubt it's doable. 

A decision about defensive midfield. Without Brown the only players used to playing DM are Bitton who has no legs, and Soro who has never really been consistently trusted. Either sign someone or give Soro the minutes needed to prove himself as solid first team player.

Another creative player. Christie is hopefully being punted to some championship nobodies. McGregor will probably have his head turned by a decent club. Elyounoussi is decent, and should have been played more, but he's not likely going to available for a reasonable fee/wage. 

Takes a minute to sit back and think about all of this to grasp just how monumentally mis-managed the club has been.

• 1 month later...

I have been waiting to see what division we would be in next season before replying as if we were in the Championship we'd have lost a few players. This season we've used two separate formations so I'll put both out and see what we have:

433:

Fosu - Toney - Mbeumo

Jensen - Norgaard - Dasilva

Henry - Pinnock - Jansson - Dalsgaard

Raya

Toney - Mbeumo

Marcondes/Fosu

Janelt - Jensen

Canos - Pinnock - Norgaard - Jansson - Dalsgaard

Raya

Raya a dead cert to start, maybe a back-up keeper.

The first formation was our full strength team and the second what we moved to when injuries hit us, our defence will largely stay the same and I imagine we will only strengthen for depth and experience, most likely bringing Winston Reid in permanently.

We have two defensive midfielders in Norgaard and Janelt who will both make the step up plus Mads Bidstrup who looked comfortable in his sub appearances, and then Mathias Jensen and Josh Dasilva who again make the step up. Again I wouldn't expect to see much change in our midfield other than depth, in the Championship it's easier to have players below the level of Jensen/Dasilva/Janelt/Norgaard but I think we will need more quality available to start games from an attacking midfield position.

Toney is a dead cert to start and with that Mbeumo will be given chances but I think we need better forwards, imo at least 2 strikers/wide forwards.

Overall a back up centre back, another attacking mid to challenge Jensen/Dasilva and a couple forwards will do the job.

We need a proper Left Back. That is a must.

We'll also likely target another winger/attacking midfielder and I think we'll look for another centre mid to add competition.

Noa Lang, Matheus Cunha, Teun Koopmeiners and Rodrigo De Paul continue to be the main names linked.

Personally, I'd like to see another striker in too for added competition. It would be naive to assume Bamford will churb out another 17 goals.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Lucas said:

We need a proper Left Back. That is a must.

We'll also likely target another winger/attacking midfielder and I think we'll look for another centre mid to add competition.

Noa Lang, Matheus Cunha, Teun Koopmeiners and Rodrigo De Paul continue to be the main names linked.

Personally, I'd like to see another striker in too for added competition. It would be naive to assume Bamford will churb out another 17 goals.

Given how hard 2nd season syndrome bites hard, a quality central defender to add some depth there looks a must

1 hour ago, shut up said:

The left back at Derby is supposed to be very good. Also, Bissouma, Aouar and Eduoard should be targets for Leeds.

Brighton won't sell to us as they see us a direct rival xDThat's what they said when we chucked £30m at them to sign Ben White.

Eduoard I'd love but I think he'll probably want European Football, same with Aouar.

And as attractive as it is to come here way things are at the moment, as soon as a Champions League/Europa League club come in, you are up against it.

Archived