talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Championship 2020/21 Relegation Thread

Screenshot_20210329-132629_SofaScore.thumb.jpg.69900a0923a77b043f53cb05b39d99d5.jpg

Well. We're approaching the business end of the season and here's table ahead of the busy Easter Weekend.

I probably wouldn't have included Preston, Forest and Huddersfield if Rotherham didn't have four games in hand. That said, I'll be surprised if any if them go down this season. I'd be concerned if I supported Preston or Huddersfield for next season mind you.

Derby County I think will survive. Wayne Rooney seems to have shored up their defence but they still seem pretty toothless going forwards. 

Coventry I hope will be ok. I feel their youthfulness will act as a positive and a negative but that game in hand will be absolutely crucial.

Birmingham I'm really not sure about. I fancy Lee Bowyer to get the best out of their target men and there experience of these situations should work in their favour.

Rotherham have looked like a mid table team in the second half of the season. Really like Matty Crooks. That fixture congestion though looks horrendous. There's going to be so much rotation. Really not sure on them or Birmingham.

Sheffield Wednesday I imagine will go down. There's a bit if a gap emerging and they've been underperformed underperformed some time.

Wycombe. Well. If Gareth Ainsworth keeps them up we will name this section after him. 

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Earlier this season I thought Forest and Derby were in proper danger of going down, or at least be in a fight with Coventry. Like a Leicester fan's wet dream (calm down, @MUFC). 

Think all of them will be safe. Forest and Derby seem to have just about got their acts together. 

Cardiff and Blackburn might have a key say in proceedings - they both play Birmingham and then Rotherham in the final 2 games. 

Sheff Weds' last 2 games are Forest and Derby...

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

image.png.d0679697264dd32ef94c6965ca1a6804.png

A lot of relieved Wednesday fans this morning I'd imagine. Still going to be a tough game v Derby at the weekend but at least it's mostly in their own hands now. Yes, the Rotherham result still comes into play but if Wednesday beat Derby, at least they'll know they did their part.

Wednesday have to win to stand a chance of staying up, so they should be attacking from the get go really. Whoever tries to play defensive will lose in my opinion. 

As for Rotherham, they again have to attack us for that win. However, this could be bad for them as we tend to play on the counter. 

I think Derby, unfortunately, will stay up by drawing with Wednesday and Rotherham losing to us. 

Archived