• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

F1 2021 - Emilia Romagna GP - 16-18th April

football forum

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

DRS over-powered today in my opinion. Very few satisfying overtakes.

The impact of DRS depends on the track. On some tracks overtaking between two roughly evenly-matched cars would be almost impossible without DRS. DRS can go when he cars suffer less from dirty air.

• Subscriber

They've had what, 12 years now? And they still can't get DRS right. They hit the sweet spot about 30% of the time, they make it too weak every so often but more often than not it makes things too easy. Am I the only one who thinks that it just saps the excitement out of these battles? It's acting as a get out of jail free card for Hamilton today I'm afraid.

• Subscriber

What's the deal with Wolff giving Russell a hammering over this Bottas incident? George getting too big for his boots or Toto just making sure he's seen to back Valtteri so that nobody can say any poor performances for the rest of the year were down to him not having the backing of the team?

I'm not saying it was Bottas' fault, and Russell could have been more careful, but the criticism of the latter from Toto Wolff has seemed pretty unfair.

"Russell has a lot to learn" but nothing about how Bottas needs to learn to drive well enough not to get lapped by his team-mate and end up wheel to wheel with a fucking Williams.

• Subscriber

Bottas's big problem is whilst Mercedes has had a car that was the class of the field for the last few seasons Lewis hasn't had to perform at the top of his game. Now that Redbull have an equal or maybe slightly superior machine Hamilton is starting to stretch his sinews a bit. Unfortunately this is now showing Bottas's talent deficit in a stark light. Mercedes can now no longer afford a passenger in the second car especially as RB now have Perez to ride shotgun for Verstappen.

• Administrator
22 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Bottas's big problem is whilst Mercedes has had a car that was the class of the field for the last few seasons Lewis hasn't had to perform at the top of his game. Now that Redbull have an equal or maybe slightly superior machine Hamilton is starting to stretch his sinews a bit. Unfortunately this is now showing Bottas's talent deficit in a stark light. Mercedes can now no longer afford a passenger in the second car especially as RB now have Perez to ride shotgun for Verstappen.

UI6TMSezIHt5XWqlxJScuAcvUaMSFdGwbDAsN5WJ

• The topic was unpinned

Archived