talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sergio Aguero Joins Barcelona

• Administrator

https://www.mancity.com/news/mens/sergio-aguero-to-leave-manchester-city-63752641

10 years of pure quality. I'm sure plenty of us were FM06 hipsters lapping up Aguero while he was in Argentina hyping him up as the next best thing as if we were a top-quality scout xD.

That moment against QPR to win the league is historic. One of the most prolific strikers the Premier League has seen.

Man City to commission a statue of Aguero as well, alongside Kompany and David Silva. 

Delivered this golden moment hundreds of miles away...

IuDz68.gif

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I said in the other thread, one of the best strikers of the PL era. You could cherry pick his weak performance for Argentina all you want, but if you just follow the Premier League, you can't deny his impact for City.

Now the question remains: Does he join Messi at Barcelona, or will he call it a day and head back to Independiente.

I'm thinking the former. Messi and Aguero are very good friends.

Hopefully this means harry kane goes to city. Hes a quality striker but I think he will be even better under pep. And better for england as well 

1 minute ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Hopefully this means harry kane goes to city. Hes a quality striker but I think he will be even better under pep. And better for england as well 

I think they will go for Haaland personally.

6 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Haaland isn't going anywhere this summer imo. 

It might depend on the result between the two sides. If Dortmund win he might think that he doesn't want to go to city. Where as if city win he might want to 

7 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

It might depend on the result between the two sides. If Dortmund win he might think that he doesn't want to go to city. Where as if city win he might want to 

I'm thinking more along the line of the actual cost. It's reported he will be 180 million and that isn't even considering Raiola's agent fees. 

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I'm thinking more along the line of the actual cost. It's reported he will be 180 million and that isn't even considering Raiola's agent fees. 

City could afford it 

He's been a terrific servant. One of the best imports to ever grace our league.

When you think of the injuries he's had too, imagine how many more he could have bagged. I was surprised to see he only won the Golden Boot here once.

But the time is right. City have evolved and gradually left that first title winning team behind. Hope he get's to go out on the high he deserves, Champions League would be perfect.

9 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

City could afford it 

City's record signing was what, 70 million? You think they are going to nearly triple that for Haaland and Raiola?

No. They'll wait a year for his release clause. Pretty sure he only has them in mind. 

1 hour ago, Mpache said:

As I said in the other thread, one of the best strikers of the PL era. You could cherry pick his weak performance for Argentina all you want, but if you just follow the Premier League, you can't deny his impact for City.

Now the question remains: Does he join Messi at Barcelona, or will he call it a day and head back to Independiente.

I'm thinking the former. Messi and Aguero are very good friends.

that'd be typical of barcelona. four year contract on 500,000 p/w and then sell him to juventus for next season for free but still paying half of his wage.

• Subscriber
43 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Haaland isn't going anywhere this summer imo. 

Neither is Kane with 3 years on his contract and a likely world record fee attached 

The fact he will be 28 this summer too. I think the most likely that happens is Kane signs a new deal at Spurs. 

1 minute ago, Spike said:

that'd be typical of barcelona. four year contract on 500,000 p/w and then sell him to juventus for next season for free but still paying half of his wage.

That's what I said but they just elected Laporta so I would be surprised if that happened. 

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

That's what I said but they just elected Laporta so I would be surprised if that happened. 

hmm I didn't know that, Aguero isn't Catalan so there is no hope there, can't sell his nationalistic agenda by signing foreigners over 'home grown talent'.

4 minutes ago, Storts said:

Neither is Kane with 3 years on his contract and a likely world record fee attached 

The fact he will be 28 this summer too. I think the most likely that happens is Kane signs a new deal at Spurs. 

Will he take a paycut like Gerrard did for Liverpool @Stan :ph34r:

2 minutes ago, Machado said:

Premier League's GOAT.

Imo that's still Henry, but Aguero's definitely a legend of the English game and right up there with Henry (he might even be statistically better, for all I know, but I don't know the stats).

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Imo that's still Henry, but Aguero's definitely a legend of the English game and right up there with Henry (he might even be statistically better, for all I know, but I don't know the stats).

henry had a very weak record with cup finals and semis but I don't know Aguero's record (speaking domestic club cups only) so I wonder how they stack up. henry was a freak though, one of my favourites ever

1 hour ago, Stan said:

https://www.mancity.com/news/mens/sergio-aguero-to-leave-manchester-city-63752641

10 years of pure quality. I'm sure plenty of us were FM06 hipsters lapping up Aguero while he was in Argentina hyping him up as the next best thing as if we were a top-quality scout xD.

Beat 65k ever spent. Every save.

You could tell who were FM players and who weren't by those who thought it was a joke he didn't make the 2006 World Cup squad.

15 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I was just talking about strikers. Henry possibly the best player, yea. Henry is not really considered a striker, right?

Lacked those big moments and performances on the European stage and internationally to be considered one of the true greats, incredible stats domestically though ‘within a league format’ and one of the very best CF’s.

2 minutes ago, DNA said:

Lacked those big moments and performances on the European stage and internationally to be considered one of the true greats, incredible stats domestically though ‘within a league format’ and one of the very best CF’s.

talking about henry or aguero?

Archived