talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sergio Aguero Joins Barcelona

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, DNA said:

Lacked those big moments and performances on the European stage and internationally to be considered one of the true greats, incredible stats domestically though ‘within a league format’ and one of the very best CF’s.

I've always been a fan.

Hopefully he ends up at a club with European aspirations.

1 hour ago, Machado said:

I was just talking about strikers. Henry possibly the best player, yea. Henry is not really considered a striker, right?

I think of him as a striker, but I use the term striker more loosely than some people do I think 

1 hour ago, McAzeem said:

All commentators should see that Aguerooooo moment and learn that this type of commentary isn't for every time the score gets levelled specially the Americans and Australians

Hot take. The Martin Tyler call for that goal sucked compared to the other English dude who did it. 

Edit, it was Peter Drury

13 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Why does everyone think he won Citeh the league? It was Joey Barton.

Trying not to sound too bitter the effort of Shawn Wright Phillips and Onouha seemed to drop once they'd been told from the touchline they were safe. 

I'd say they were jogging at the end. 

• Subscriber
On 29/03/2021 at 20:12, Stan said:

https://www.mancity.com/news/mens/sergio-aguero-to-leave-manchester-city-63752641

10 years of pure quality. I'm sure plenty of us were FM06 hipsters lapping up Aguero while he was in Argentina hyping him up as the next best thing as if we were a top-quality scout xD.

That moment against QPR to win the league is historic. One of the most prolific strikers the Premier League has seen.

Man City to commission a statue of Aguero as well, alongside Kompany and David Silva. 

Delivered this golden moment hundreds of miles away...

IuDz68.gif

It wasn't just me then xD genuinely was the first FM I ever played and I remember seeing him and thinking bloody hell, that's a name to remember.

Well he hasn't disappointed. He's a strange one Aguero, he's probably never been quite given the credit he deserved.

• Subscriber
On 29/03/2021 at 20:54, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah I don’t think City give a fuck how much anyone costs

I'm not sure about this you know. Could be invalid as I read somewhere that FFP was being done away with, but I read an article the other day about the 20 most expensive transfers ever. Man City don't even appear in the list. Liverpool only appeared once too and he was probably the second best signing on the list behind Ronaldo to Real Madrid. Their signings seem to be consistently £30-60mil but hardly ever outside that range.

20 minutes ago, Dan said:

I'm not sure about this you know. Could be invalid as I read somewhere that FFP was being done away with, but I read an article the other day about the 20 most expensive transfers ever. Man City don't even appear in the list. Liverpool only appeared once too and he was probably the second best signing on the list behind Ronaldo to Real Madrid. Their signings seem to be consistently £30-60mil but hardly ever outside that range.

Yeah but when you make 4 or 5 transfers of that size a season, that makes a difference.

If City have financial muscle and don’t really care about the price when things are good, I can see them throwing cash around to solidify while normal clubs feel the sting of the pandemic.

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah but when you make 4 or 5 transfers of that size a season, that makes a difference.

If City have financial muscle and don’t really care about the price when things are good, I can see them throwing cash around to solidify while normal clubs feel the sting of the pandemic.

I think they'll just keep doing what they usually do - which is essentially what you say anyway, I just don't know if they'll bite the bullet with Haaland, they'll probably have to double their transfer record to do it.

Archived