talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sergio Aguero Joins Barcelona

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Letting Suárez leave because he doesn't have enough athleticism to impose himself in Champions League's big games just to sign Aguero a year later kinda sums up why Barcelona is in decline. 

They have very little in long-term planning. 

I mean, Aguero will probably score lots of goals in La Liga. The problem is the continental stage.

The Bayern disaster showed that this team badly needs more athleticism to be competitive in Europe. 

Resisiting the urge to add big names and being patient to rebuild should be Laporta's priority. 

• Administrator
20 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

Letting Suárez leave because he doesn't have enough athleticism to impose himself in Champions League's big games just to sign Aguero a year later kinda sums up why Barcelona is in decline. 

They have very little in long-term planning. 

I mean, Aguero will probably score lots of goals in La Liga. The problem is the continental stage.

The Bayern disaster showed that this team badly needs more athleticism to be competitive in Europe. 

Resisiting the urge to add big names and being patient to rebuild should be Laporta's priority. 

The main problem they have is they’re virtually bankrupt and without the ESL, they’re going to need some creative accounting and bargaining to dig them out. 

1 hour ago, Batard said:

The main problem they have is they’re virtually bankrupt and without the ESL, they’re going to need some creative accounting and bargaining to dig them out. 

Shame they can't virtually pay Aguero the 300,000 euro p/w he will be getting

• Administrator
3 hours ago, Spike said:

Shame they can't virtually pay Aguero the 300,000 euro p/w he will be getting

That salary is just ludicrous and symbolic of the malaise at the club 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Confirmed. Joining Barcelona. 

Is La Liga becoming the next retirement home?

I dont know why but I figured he might have gone back to Atletico but Barcelona? Interesting to say the least. 

12 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I dont know why but I figured he might have gone back to Atletico but Barcelona? Interesting to say the least. 

Wanting to play alongside Messi.

Seems he was willing to take less to play for Barcelona than other offers he received.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

Wanting to play alongside Messi.

Seems he was willing to take less to play for Barcelona than other offers he received.

I think if they get to use him 20% and he stays fit then it will be a win for them. He's still exceptionally good and has the skill to score goals anywhere he goes. Couple that with Messi and hopefully a rebuild project at Barcelona and maybe it works for them.

I think Aguero can be a good signing for Barcelona as long as he arrives as a squad player. On the other hand, if he comes with the guarantee of being an undisputed starter then it´s problematic. 

Aguero, at this stage of his career, is a guy that should be used against smaller teams in La Liga or when you need a goal in the end of a match, but not as a starter in the biggest matches of the season.

Depay is also expected to join Barcelona on a free transfer. I love the signing for Barça. Memphis developed into a very good player at Lyon.

I love him as a 9, kinda reminds me of Roberto Firmino. Not your typical striker, but with his talent, creativity and vision, he generates lots of chances for his team. 

One of the best ever foreign imports to grace our league. Simple. He will be missed.

I hope he can stay reasonably injury free and rediscover some form at Barca. I think at this stage in his career, he should be more of a better fit there than at Pep's City with their workrate off the ball. It's not Aguero's game.

You never know, it might be a masterstroke like Suarez to Atletico was, especially if he links well with Messi. Fingers crossed.

• Administrator

As far as transfer strategies go, getting rid of Luis Suarez because of his age and then getting a player the same age as Suarez at the time of selling him is just so silly. I get they can’t actually buy players because they’re so needing a financial miracle, but their business this summer is not that of a club seeking to challenge for major sporting honours. 

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, Machado said:

No wonder Spanish clubs would be bigger Super League enthusiasts. Aguero and Alaba is what Barcelona and Real Madrid have to show for.

Wouldn’t rule out them asking to join the Premier League

Archived