talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Erling Haaland - Man City Complete Signing of Dortmund Striker

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Danny said:

Dortmund are a weird club, you'd think commercially they'd be set up now to compete with the biggest clubs in the world.

Ever since the financial issues of the mid-2000's they have set themselves up to operate responsibly with respect to finances, which is more than can be said for the majority of clubs in the world.  The model is to develop players and sell them on at a profit.  Unless you're winning titles you're not going to retain the talent, and even then there's always a bigger fish... Bayern, Chelsea, Barcelona, etc.

7 hours ago, Cicero said:

Mbappe is one hamstring tear away from losing a lot of his 'flair'. 

100%. Not seen a whole lot other than him exploiting his pace. He is a good finisher but Haaland is much better overall. 

Seems Alf-Inge Håland has also traveled to Barcelona with Raiola. 

With their financial mess at the moment, you'd think they might just be better coming to an arrangement for next summer when his release clause would be available. Focus on building around the squad first before spending an astronomical sum, when there is still so much uncertainty about finances and on top of not knowing when crowds will be back.

If I were Haaland

I would avoid Spain. Madrid are a bonkers club anyway, and Barcelona are heading to administration so fast, they'll need to kick all the tax dodging players out of prison to make room for the board members.

I'd avoid PSG. Not at this stage of my career. 

Bayern, City, Liverpool( if they don't get relegated xD) and Chelsea are the only clubs with a world stage big enough, a system stable enough and a recent history good enough to attract me. Liverpool might not have a deep enough bank account, Chelsea would need to cut deadwood to make me room, and Bayern would need to offload Lewandowski for me to be attracted. 

Honestly think he'll end up staying or at citeh

1 minute ago, Happy Blue said:

Apparently we are not spending big this summer and Haaland is out of our price range :|

His release clause can be activated next season. Every club will just wait. Including yourselves. He’s going nowhere this summer.

6 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

His release clause can be activated next season. Every club will just wait. Including yourselves. He’s going nowhere this summer.

That is a good point, sure he will have plenty of clubs trying to get him next year

• The title was changed to Erling Haaland - Man City Complete Signing of Dortmund Striker

Archived