talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Erling Haaland - Man City Complete Signing of Dortmund Striker

9 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

With Alisson & Ederson, they're usually good but capable of also being completely insane at moments. But you usually forgive it because... Brazilian goalkeepers being good but a bit weird seems normal for some reason xD

With Steffen it's probably a mix of 1.) being nervous after never playing, 2.) being a bit rusty from sitting on the bench for most of a season collecting splinters in his arse, 3.) there's probably some nerves when you're called on to play in cup games and you know if you fuck up you probably won't get too play much more that season. He's probably better than I think he is - but needs more regular football. I think that's actually the case with a lot of the US keepers not playing in the MLS tbh. I think Forest had one sat on their bench last season but he's just moved to Hull, and I think Arsenal just signed another US keeper to be their 3rd choice (but probably second choice once they get rid of Leno).

I think Phillips will have a season of being bedded in, a bit like Grealish was tbh. Not a regular starter, but spending a season getting used to how City play. And then he'll probably be a regular. Who knows though, maybe Pep just throws him in right from the off and he becomes a regular immediately.

Yeah, I just looked at a youtube video of that Alvarez guy. He looks like he'll fit in nicely with you (tbh though whenever you watch a youtube video of a player, don't they always look absolutely brilliant? it's because they're only showing us the best bits).

You've also still got Mahrez, Grealish and Foden... and I'm pretty sure Bernardo Silva's also played in the wide positions and looked great there too. So tbh I could see Alvarez having more of a squad role this season while the more established names get more time on the pitch.

Kind of mental to have sold off players like Jesus and Sterling... but you've got so much quality that I think even with questionmarks over players like Alvarez's head... you don't really look like you've lost all that much depth. I gotta say I'm a bit jealous, we finished the last season with the most attacking depth I can remember us having in my lifetime... and now that's all gone, back to 4 players competing for 3 spots really xD

Not quite as luxurious as your 7 players to pick from for 3 spots.

Yeah, Ederson casually letting the ball roll centimetres from the line before clearing it springs to mind 😂 ..Steffen went out on loan for game time with it being a world cup year, he's going to need to handle his nerves a bit better at a world cup tournament ..Phillips problem is Rodrigo, its one or the other so he's got strong competition ..yeah the front 3 will be made up with any combination of these players Foden, Haaland, Alvarez, Mahrez, Greelish, Palmer & Bernardo, Silva has been playing deeper lately but you rightly pointed out he can play wide too ..yeah, you tube vids dont tell the full story but Alvarez was just voted the best player in South America which your not going to get if your crap so I'm going more off that ..with our depth personally I think even with losing sterling and Jesus we are stronger with the players we have replaced them with

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

4 players?

Salah, Jota, Nunez, Diaz, Firmino, Carvalho.... ?

I think Klopp's quotes the other day hint that he sees Carvalho as a midfielder and possibly a number 10 if he changes the system slightly. Five senior options for three positions up front though with others like Elliott, Carvalho, Jones, Chamberlain, Gordon able to do bits there when needed is fine.

28 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I think Klopp's quotes the other day hint that he sees Carvalho as a midfielder and possibly a number 10 if he changes the system slightly. Five senior options for three positions up front though with others like Elliott, Carvalho, Jones, Chamberlain, Gordon able to do bits there when needed is fine.

Gonzo seems to think we only have 4 players for 3 positions up top. Id arque we have at least as much depth, if not more than City.

Yeah Klopp said Carvalho can play multiple positions like on the wing, number 8 and number 10 and also false 9 if he bulks up a bit. 

I'm really excited to see him play. Got a feeling he might be our best signing. Was reading comments yesterday that some of our players didn't realise how good he is after training with him. 

1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

Gonzo seems to think we only have 4 players for 3 positions up top. Id arque we have at least as much depth, if not more than City.

Yeah Klopp said Carvalho can play multiple positions like on the wing, number 8 and number 10 and also false 9 if he bulks up a bit. 

I'm really excited to see him play. Got a feeling he might be our best signing. Was reading comments yesterday that some of our players didn't realise how good he is after training with him. 

We have 8 players for the front 3, Foden, Haaland, Alvarez, Mahrez, Greelish,  De Bruyne, Palmer & Bernardo Silva ..are you sure you can match that? :35_thinking: ..Pep's looking to add to that too before the windows shut

32 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

We have 8 players for the front 3, Foden, Haaland, Alvarez, Mahrez, Greelish,  De Bruyne, Palmer & Bernardo Silva ..are you sure you can match that? :35_thinking: ..Pep's looking to add to that too before the windows shut

I don't think there is much in it to be honest mate. 

14 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

4 players?

Salah, Jota, Nunez, Diaz, Firmino, Carvalho.... ?

Lol I forgot we signed Diaz in January there. I also think Carvalho’s going to be bedded in slowly, he’s still only a kid from the championship

Archived