talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Erling Haaland - Man City Complete Signing of Dortmund Striker

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

Haaland finished that game (the incident happened in minute 86), played 45 minutes four days later for Norway in a friendly, then three more days later he did 68 minutes against West Ham. Not bad for a player whose career had been meant to end a week ago at Old Trafford.

The following season Haaland retired aged just 30 following a few more games with City. He retired because of incessant injury woes with his left knee, something Roy Keane didn't influence whatsoever – the tackle went on Haaland's right leg.

And...

Did Roy Keane end Alf-Inge Haaland's career?

The myth persists, though, that Keane not only injured Haaland, but also ended his career.

It's not true. Haaland finished the game in question and also played half of a Norway friendly four days later before racking up 68 minutes of Leeds' next league game.

He did undergo surgery that summer but it was on his left knee – rather than his right.

Haaland was ultimately forced to retire due to injury in 2003 - two years later - and when later asked about the last impacting of Keane's challenge, he told the Daily Mail: "The knee still hurts, that isn’t going to go away. I have to accept that.

"Did that tackle end my career? Well, I never played a full game again, did I? It seems like a great coincidence, don’t you think?"

However, despite talk of a court case, Haaland never took legal action and, in 2014, told BBC Radio 5 Live: “I don’t blame him for kicking me in other games or that particular game.

https://www.goal.com/en-ie/news/mythbuster-did-roy-keane-end-alf-inge-haalands-career/fmtobupz9vw21v73ve7ruztcn

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Redcanuck said:

Surely this myth has been completely debunked especially by Haarlands own words.

The fact Haaland pressed charges shows how he really feels about Keane and united, then factor in his son supports City & Leeds, think united would be the last team he signs for 

7 hours ago, Redcanuck said:

Surely this myth has been completely debunked especially by Haarlands own words.

want to make it clear that it was not the knee that took a knock in the Manchester derby, despite what some papers have reported.

It's my left knee that's been bothering me and it was clearly shown on Sky that it was my right knee that took the knock. It's been bothering me for three months.

Also wasn't a lawsuit against Keane by City and Haarland for loss of income denied?

Haaland finished that game (the incident happened in minute 86), played 45 minutes four days later for Norway in a friendly, then three more days later he did 68 minutes against West Ham. Not bad for a player whose career had been meant to end a week ago at Old Trafford.

The following season Haaland retired aged just 30 following a few more games with City. He retired because of incessant injury woes with his left knee, something Roy Keane didn't influence whatsoever – the tackle went on Haaland's right leg.

Can't see Haarland Jr hating United for the tackle when his father admits it didn't have anything to do with his early retirement. 

Getting one knee injured usually makes your other knee vulnerable to persistent injury though. I respect Alf Haaland for being a big man and not wanting to blame any one player for the injury woes that ended his career - but he's not a medical professional so he really doesn't know how much influence at all that tackle may have had on his leg. He just knows he's had knee injuries that ended his career.

I would hope him being a Leeds fan would interfere with any hopes United have of signing him, though. Although, I doubt it - money talks and if United throw enough cash his way he'll be joining them.

14 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Getting one knee injured usually makes your other knee vulnerable to persistent injury though. I respect Alf Haaland for being a big man and not wanting to blame any one player for the injury woes that ended his career - but he's not a medical professional so he really doesn't know how much influence at all that tackle may have had on his leg. He just knows he's had knee injuries that ended his career.

I would hope him being a Leeds fan would interfere with any hopes United have of signing him, though. Although, I doubt it - money talks and if United throw enough cash his way he'll be joining them.

Really don't see him going to united, all the pieces are falling into place now, it's City or maybe Liverpool, the other clubs are stacked in the striker positions, Munich cant afford his wages, Chelsea just got Lukaku, Madrid want Mbappe, PSG got Messi, united have Ronaldo, Cavani, Rashford  ...infact, the more you look at it the more he's coming to City for 75million plus crazy wages B|

29 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

I suspect Haaland ends up where ever him and his entourage get the most money.

So it will be Qatar or U.A.E .  Sorry man city or PSG 

2 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Really don't see him going to united, all the pieces are falling into place now, it's City or maybe Liverpool, the other clubs are stacked in the striker positions, Munich cant afford his wages, Chelsea just got Lukaku, Madrid want Mbappe, PSG got Messi, united have Ronaldo, Cavani, Rashford  ...infact, the more you look at it the more he's coming to City for 75million plus crazy wages B|

No way we get him, he’d break out wage structure.

It’s you, PSG or Real Madrid imo

9 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Although, Mbappe has been playing central recently, while he’s young his best position is still wide areas not an attacking vocal point like Haaland and Benzema is turning 34 years old.

It’s been said before but Premier League clubs simply don’t pay those astronomical figures for wages, that’s for the Spanish clubs and PSG, PL has the overall quality and the individual superstars go elsewhere, 825k pw for Haaland and Raiola salary.. Mad. Raiola’s clients never reach the very top for a reason, even his biggest clients never quiet polished their careers off right, trophy-wise and club-profile legacy wise. And never will, all mercenaries. 

18 minutes ago, DNA said:

Although, Mbappe has been playing central recently, while he’s young his best position is still wide areas not an attacking vocal point like Haaland and Benzema is turning 34 years old.

It’s been said before but Premier League clubs simply don’t pay those astronomical figures for wages, that’s for the Spanish clubs and PSG, PL has the overall quality and the individual superstars go elsewhere, 825k pw for Haaland and Raiola salary.. Mad. Raiola’s clients never reach the very top for a reason, even his biggest clients never quiet polished their careers off right, trophy-wise and club-profile legacy wise. And never will, all mercenaries. 

You make some good points, i will just cling to the fact he said yesterday? he wants to play in top league in the world :4_joy: if we wont match his wage demands he could then end up at Madrid for me

16 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Yes, wage demands (if true)

He might need to be less demanding. City dont normally pay as much as he is apparently demanding.  Real Madrid have got mbappe. I doubt they will buy both. That only leaves PSG 

8 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

He might need to be less demanding. City dont normally pay as much as he is apparently demanding.  Real Madrid have got mbappe. I doubt they will buy both. That only leaves PSG 

Think 500k will be our limit but getting him for £75million means we can offer him more wages than normal. we still have around £150million in the transfer kitty and will add at very least another £150million over the season ready for next summer, plus player sales, Sterling could go for around £80million Bernardo for around £50million, we could have £400+million this summer all legit B|

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@Happy Blue when you day beyern cant afford his wages where havenyoubjewrd this? How do Dortmund afford it or are you basing that on his expected wage demands?

Afford and willing to completely obliterate your wage structure are two different things. The Rumoured ask is €50m euros a season, for reference our top paid players are earning around €20m at the moment. Theres basically no chance he ends up in munich if the ask is true. 

There was this Chelsea bloke on twitter that actually took the time to calculate the entire package and it's reported that at the minimum Haaland would receive is  £520K per week. 

Add the  £40 million Raiola and another  £40 million to Haaland's father. 

Add the  £85 million Buy out Clause. 

We are looking at a deal worth almost  £170 million + a wage that would destroy 95% of a club's wage structure. Again, this is minimum

40 minutes ago, Cicero said:

There was this Chelsea bloke on twitter that actually took the time to calculate the entire package and it's reported that at the minimum Haaland would receive is  £520K per week. 

We are looking at a deal worth almost  £170 million + a wage that would destroy 95% of a club's wage structure. Again, this is minimum

That's fucking mental xD

8 hours ago, Cicero said:

Thought the buyout was £75 million?:35_thinking: ..anyway, £10 million is going to make much difference on that kind of package :4_joy:  ..hope he lowers his demands

If we can't sign the son of our former captain that grew up following this club in the one position we actually need to strengthen then I think we can all lose hope that this club could ever manage to sign a superstar, for me we need to go all in for Haaland, City has been instilled into him from a young age like it had me, hope that counts for something and is the reason he still wears City gear to this day

Haaland2.png

On 01/09/2021 at 17:17, Cicero said:

It’s a damn shame he’s with Raiola, will taint his legacy as a certainty and what kind of impact he’s going to have long term, I suppose he could end up binning him like Insigne & Lukaku did, but even then.. once he’s on that kind of money at PSG or Real Madrid it will be hard for a Premier League club to demolish their wage structure for him. Ah well, Mbappe seems a bit more sensible and more concerned with legacy and following a certain path rather than pure greed, which is the only route with Raiola. 

Manchester City in pole position to sign Erling Haaland and more transfer rumours

The summer transfer window closed on Tuesday night, but reports have already emerged about Man City's future plans.

Manchester City are in 'pole position' to sign Erling Haaland.

That's according to German outlet Bild who claim the Blues are leading the race to land Haaland's signature next year after Borussia Dortmund held firm and refused to sell the 21-year-old centre-forward this summer, despite receiving intense interest in the player.

Etihad chiefs made it their priority to replace Sergio Aguero in the transfer window and, after missing out on Haaland and Harry Kane, they ultimately failed in that department, although their £100m deal to bring Jack Grealish to the club might soften that blow.

Haaland has built a reputation as one of the world's most exciting young prospects after scoring 41 goals in 41 games across all competitions last season and it's believed the Dortmund star has a clause in his contract which could soon be triggered for €75m.

• 1 month later...
12 minutes ago, Cicero said:

AS reporting Real will obtain both Haaland and Mbappe next year, as Haaland's entourage indicate they have preferred a move to Real Madrid. 

We will see, his dad has been to see us in Manchester so lets see what happens with City being the club he supports  ..if he goes for the money he will go to Madrid or united, if it's about the football and playing for his club, it's City  ..we wont pay silly wages though like the other two

1 hour ago, Happy Blue said:

We will see, his dad has been to see us in Manchester so lets see what happens with City being the club he supports  ..if he goes for the money he will go to Madrid or united, if it's about the football and playing for his club, it's City  ..we wont pay silly wages though like the other two

Real will. 

• The title was changed to Erling Haaland - Man City Complete Signing of Dortmund Striker

Archived