• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Erling Haaland - Man City Complete Signing of Dortmund Striker

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Honey Honey said:

Can he fit under a bus?

You dont play that way anymore do you?  If you do get him it will make you become a hated club faster. At the moment people feel sorry for you. Are you looking forward to being hated? :ph34r:

8 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

You dont play that way anymore do you?  If you do get him it will make you become a hated club faster. At the moment people feel sorry for you. Are you looking forward to being hated? :ph34r:

The hate has already started. If it gets too much I'll retreat to the company of Geordies only. 

Manchester United 'end' transfer interest in Borussia Dortmund striker Erling Haaland

Several top European clubs are thought to be interested in signing Borussia Dortmund striker Erling Haaland, although Manchester United won't be one of them

17 hours ago, Honey Honey said:

The hate has already started. If it gets too much I'll retreat to the company of Geordies only. 

You'll be in the fucking pub a lot then 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

EXCLUSIVE: Real Madrid have decided that they cannot afford Haaland after landing a deal to take Kylian Mbappe to the Bernabeu - and it now gives Premier League sides hope of a deal

seems a good fit for City or Chelsea.   man United need defence, they leak goals, almost as much as they score them

1 hour ago, JoshBRFC said:

Really hope it’s not Bayern, despite it making sense as a replacement for Lewandowski I’m so bored of them abs their dominance. Dortmund are a much more likeable team.

I put the bundesliga in the Ligue 1 and Eriedivisie quality in that one team tends to dominate all the time.    Any good player in Germany will jump at the chance to even move to a mid table premiership club. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

I put the bundesliga in the Ligue 1 and Eriedivisie quality in that one team tends to dominate all the time.    Any good player in Germany will jump at the chance to even move to a mid table premiership club. 

Big Laugh GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

2 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

FFP rules also factor in.  I would let Dortmund overprice him (170m is about 100m overpriced) and run down his sevice time.   make Dortmund desperate to sell.   

the bundesliga has middling attraction

Good one mate.

By all accounts he has a release clause of around 75m.  I don't see him playing for us next year.  He'll go somewhere else because he's tired of the ineptitude at BVB, and he's not wrong. 

Considering he's been hurt (AGAIN) and missed a third of the season it's probably best that he move on now instead of us trying to find 20m per annum to keep him around for longer.  For someone of his talents the buyers need to be wary of his injury record.

1 hour ago, OrangeKhrush said:

anakin-i-pledge-myself.gif

1 hour ago, OrangeKhrush said:

I think that's mostly because of the insane money in the league, more than because of the overall inherent quality tbh. The Bundesliga pays the second highest wages in Europe to the Premier League on average, yet that average is still 50% less than what the premier league pays out.

Spain is like Scotland in that most of the time it's Barcelona/Madrid winning like we'd expect of Celtic/Rangers, this Cholo time with Atletico is literally the best period Atletico have consistently been in their history - and that's why he's the highest paid manager in the world and why everyone loves him Atletico despite the turgid football. England's got cyclical periods of dominance: in the 70s & 80s we were dominant as fuck, in the 90s and 00s it was United winning the title more often than not - with a few challenges from Arsenal. Chelsea sort of replaced Arsenal in the 2010s and Citeh's money has given them a period of dominance with occassional challenges from us and Chelsea. Italy's the same, Juve are typically historically dominant like Bayern Munich - other big clubs like Milan & Inter sometimes challenge them as well.

Big clubs tend to dominate leagues. The one thing you can say about England is we've maybe got more big clubs than other leagues and more clubs that are growing in their ambition, which is possible because of the lucrative TV deals and how well the league has sold itself to markets abroad for consumption (this was the first year TV revenue in the league from outside the UK was higher than inside the UK). But we've also got the most number of clubs in the top flight where the disconnect between owners interests and fan interests are probably at an all time high - where the local communities are seen as less of priority than making money off foreign fans.

Football's lost so much of it's soul in our lifetimes... and the way the league is going it's just going to keep selling more and more of it's soul to chase the cash. As fans of English clubs we benefit - I doubt we'd have ever ended our league title drought without FSG coming in. And I'm not sure that English football has had this much individual quality in the top flight before (although I think sometimes individual quality doesn't mean a team will suddenly do well... otherwise Man Utd would look so shit this season). But as top flight clubs create more of a disconnect between their business entities and the communities they're meant to represent... I'm not sure this unfettered flow of cash to our clubs is so positive.

27 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think that's mostly because of the insane money in the league, more than because of the overall inherent quality tbh. The Bundesliga pays the second highest wages in Europe to the Premier League on average, yet that average is still 50% less than what the premier league pays out.

Spain is like Scotland in that most of the time it's Barcelona/Madrid winning like we'd expect of Celtic/Rangers, this Cholo time with Atletico is literally the best period Atletico have consistently been in their history - and that's why he's the highest paid manager in the world and why everyone loves him Atletico despite the turgid football. England's got cyclical periods of dominance: in the 70s & 80s we were dominant as fuck, in the 90s and 00s it was United winning the title more often than not - with a few challenges from Arsenal. Chelsea sort of replaced Arsenal in the 2010s and Citeh's money has given them a period of dominance with occassional challenges from us and Chelsea. Italy's the same, Juve are typically historically dominant like Bayern Munich - other big clubs like Milan & Inter sometimes challenge them as well.

Big clubs tend to dominate leagues. The one thing you can say about England is we've maybe got more big clubs than other leagues and more clubs that are growing in their ambition, which is possible because of the lucrative TV deals and how well the league has sold itself to markets abroad for consumption (this was the first year TV revenue in the league from outside the UK was higher than inside the UK). But we've also got the most number of clubs in the top flight where the disconnect between owners interests and fan interests are probably at an all time high - where the local communities are seen as less of priority than making money off foreign fans.

Football's lost so much of it's soul in our lifetimes... and the way the league is going it's just going to keep selling more and more of it's soul to chase the cash. As fans of English clubs we benefit - I doubt we'd have ever ended our league title drought without FSG coming in. And I'm not sure that English football has had this much individual quality in the top flight before (although I think sometimes individual quality doesn't mean a team will suddenly do well... otherwise Man Utd would look so shit this season). But as top flight clubs create more of a disconnect between their business entities and the communities they're meant to represent... I'm not sure this unfettered flow of cash to our clubs is so positive.

Man City and Liverpool are certainly the pinnacle that everyone is trying to catch up to.   Chelsea are in between  them and the chasing group of 5-6 teams. 

1 hour ago, Coma said:

Good one mate.

By all accounts he has a release clause of around 75m.  I don't see him playing for us next year.  He'll go somewhere else because he's tired of the ineptitude at BVB, and he's not wrong. 

Considering he's been hurt (AGAIN) and missed a third of the season it's probably best that he move on now instead of us trying to find 20m per annum to keep him around for longer.  For someone of his talents the buyers need to be wary of his injury record.

Sounds like a perfect Man United player

17 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Man City and Liverpool are certainly the pinnacle that everyone is trying to catch up to.   Chelsea are in between  them and the chasing group of 5-6 teams. 

Bayern, City, and Liverpool are the only three that belong in their own elite category. I'd then have Real and PSG as the next 3rd and 4th. 

With Lukaku, we aren't anywhere near the best. 

• The title was changed to Erling Haaland - Man City Complete Signing of Dortmund Striker

Archived