talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Erling Haaland - Man City Complete Signing of Dortmund Striker

29 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Tbf we dont know his wages or bonus structure yet. We always kind of new the transfer fee wasnt going to be the talking point. 

Simon Stone, BBC Sport

City sources say the fee is actually 60m euros (£51.2m), not the 75m euros initially thought. And it is not all payable up front.

Haaland will sign for five seasons, to 2027, with no optional additional year as is the case with many contracts these days.

The wages are believed to be around £400,000 a week, roughly in line with what star midfielder Kevin de Bruyne is paid.

City maintain this is an exceptional deal for a player they believe is worth 200m euros in the current market and that it vindicates their decision to walk away from negotiations around Spurs striker Kane last summer.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60819647

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

So City have two players on £400k a week. How many other players are on about that in the league? Ronaldo? Any others?

How much is Salah trying to get? he should be on them top wages for me

7 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

I don't know. None of the reliable journalists have quoted a figure as far as I'm aware. 

33 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

He might want that kind of money but he ain't getting it at Liverpool.

He can walk away if he wants, I'm sure we'll be fine.

5 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Do you think he will stay? 

I'm not sure to be honest. I'm beginning to lean towards thinking he will leave at the moment and I'm OK with that. We can't be handing out mega money on long contracts to players in their thirties.. it never ends well. 

10 hours ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

According to German media, which is usually quite reliable in such things it's 75m Euro, which would be 64 M Pound Sterling. Don't rewrite the truth.

Although I saw more expensive transfers, bargain is a stretch.

Confirmed at £51 million mate, zee Greman's get it wrong this time  ..i really do think it's a bargain, his goals to minutes is the best in Germany, we don't need to buy another striker for 10 years and his true market value must be £150million+  ..even if it was £64 million it's still a bargain

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Lost track of how long its been like that. Let's not forget that Everton apparently destroyed the transfer market when they signed Richarlison for about £50m, right @RandoEFC:ph34r:

In this day and age, you simply cannot win transfer windows without some serious outlay.

• Administrator
10 hours ago, LFCMike said:

So City have two players on £400k a week. How many other players are on about that in the league? Ronaldo? Any others?

Spotrac is allegedly a good source for wages...

https://www.spotrac.com/epl/rankings/weekly/

Ronaldo, De Bruyne, Sancho (!!!), De Gea, Varane, Lukaku, Grealish, Sterling, Kante, Pogba are top 10.

TO be honest, that just purely makes a mockery of how Man Utd operate.

Ronaldo is fair enough - one of the best players in the world so any fee would be warranted.

But Sancho, Varane and Pogba filling some spots for little return to on-field success is telling. Cavani is on £250k/w.

I didn't know Grealish commanded so much as well (£300k/w). 

Werner is just outside the top 10 - he and Lukaku together earn £577k/w! Saul Niguez is just shy of £200k/w

@Tommy is right - the money floating round PL is obscene and absurd. Has been for a while and I can't see it changing any time soon unless a salary cap comes in; but that'll be strongly voted against should that ever come around.  

4 hours ago, Spike said:

I cannot believe Barcelona has already given up on him

I'm sure we had an agreement with Barca when we let them have Torres  ..but i might be going senile :ph34r:lol  ..doubt he will swap Barca for United too

1 hour ago, OrangeKhrush said:

In the manchester derby,  Man United bring Roy Keane out of retirement.    That would be next level emotional damage. 

My money would be on the 6ft4 Haaland plus keane is like 50 :4_joy:

4 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Lets face it, all footballers are fanny's, real men play rugby ;)

I must say I am enjoying this new rugby championship with our South African teams,  the Sharks and Bulls are competing well,  the Stormers are their usual disappointing selves while the Lions are by far the weakest team but that is expected given it is a rebuilding team.   Our teams initially struggled with Northern rules but we have started to get to grips with the rules and competing well. 

• The title was changed to Erling Haaland - Man City Complete Signing of Dortmund Striker

Archived