talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Erling Haaland - Man City Complete Signing of Dortmund Striker

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see nothings changed since last summer. 

A deal for Erling Haaland would cost any club around €355m in total BILD claim. 

- The release clause is €75m plus €10m in add-ons (€10m of which are due to Mino Raiola)

- €40m wages over five years

- €40m commision for Raiola

- €30m commission for his father Alf

Truly absurd. 

• Subscriber
On 07/03/2022 at 11:52, Coma said:

This is the other thing I was thinking about the other day. I really do forget and take for granted how much of an iron man Lewy is, he really never gets hurt and that has alot of value. I couldnt imagine paying a package like whats being reported for Haaland and having him play 60% of matches.... maybe Im exaggerating a tad but even if its 70-80% of matches consistenly. Crazy stuff.

2 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

This is the other thing I was thinking about the other day. I really do forget and take for granted how much of an iron man Lewy is, he really never gets hurt and that has alot of value. I couldnt imagine paying a package like whats being reported for Haaland and having him play 60% of matches.... maybe Im exaggerating a tad but even if its 70-80% of matches consistenly. Crazy stuff.

This is why I'm not that arsed about him leaving. He never plays, and when he does it's all about the hype of his next move. Fuck him off and reinvest the money.

Maybe we can snag Lewandowski back 😬.

5 hours ago, Cicero said:

I see nothings changed since last summer. 

Truly absurd. 

He's going to cost us 100million in transfer and agent fees, he's agreed to a wage of 425k a week his dad's got the matchday traffic cone inspector job, wage undisclosed 

12 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

His dad and agent need shooting. Utter cunts.

Why? Because they are in a unique position where they can monetise the disgusting nature of European football? I say take em for all they are worth.

On 08/02/2022 at 05:23, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think that's mostly because of the insane money in the league, more than because of the overall inherent quality tbh. The Bundesliga pays the second highest wages in Europe to the Premier League on average, yet that average is still 50% less than what the premier league pays out.

Spain is like Scotland in that most of the time it's Barcelona/Madrid winning like we'd expect of Celtic/Rangers, this Cholo time with Atletico is literally the best period Atletico have consistently been in their history - and that's why he's the highest paid manager in the world and why everyone loves him Atletico despite the turgid football. England's got cyclical periods of dominance: in the 70s & 80s we were dominant as fuck, in the 90s and 00s it was United winning the title more often than not - with a few challenges from Arsenal. Chelsea sort of replaced Arsenal in the 2010s and Citeh's money has given them a period of dominance with occassional challenges from us and Chelsea. Italy's the same, Juve are typically historically dominant like Bayern Munich - other big clubs like Milan & Inter sometimes challenge them as well.

Big clubs tend to dominate leagues. The one thing you can say about England is we've maybe got more big clubs than other leagues and more clubs that are growing in their ambition, which is possible because of the lucrative TV deals and how well the league has sold itself to markets abroad for consumption (this was the first year TV revenue in the league from outside the UK was higher than inside the UK). But we've also got the most number of clubs in the top flight where the disconnect between owners interests and fan interests are probably at an all time high - where the local communities are seen as less of priority than making money off foreign fans.

Football's lost so much of it's soul in our lifetimes... and the way the league is going it's just going to keep selling more and more of it's soul to chase the cash. As fans of English clubs we benefit - I doubt we'd have ever ended our league title drought without FSG coming in. And I'm not sure that English football has had this much individual quality in the top flight before (although I think sometimes individual quality doesn't mean a team will suddenly do well... otherwise Man Utd would look so shit this season). But as top flight clubs create more of a disconnect between their business entities and the communities they're meant to represent... I'm not sure this unfettered flow of cash to our clubs is so positive.

It's capitalism, pure and simple. The very very rich teams in Europe consistently dominate their leagues. But things are getting even worse than that. Had Liverpool not won the league 2 years back, it'd be a 4 year city whitewash. For all the talk of winners diversity in the prem, there's been 6 league winners this millennium. 2 of them (Arsenal and Leicester) probably won't win it again in the foreseeable future. United have the cashola, but need a ground up rebuild or a miracle to win it in the next 5 years. More likely it'll be 5-10 before they challenge again seriously. They're the former top of the pile who got lazy, greedy and stupid and have been dethroned by a hungry, calculating and intelligent MC

Which just leaves Liverpool, who've won it once in that period, have assembled a very talented team for relatively little outlay, but IMO are going to go the way Dortmund did if they don't win the league or CL this season and or next, with the top stars leaving, Klopp looking for his next adventure and you'll drop back into your Arsenal/Spurs level slot

And Chelski, Manchester Citys older, dumber, less rich cousin, who used to roar with united as the top 2 clubs, but have been reducing to seizing opportunities were they present themselves. (they're very good at that) 

Basically what I'm saying is that capitalism and good management is going to freeze out everyone who isn't city. For a while too. Other clubs will pick off FA cups and the odd premier league title even occasionally, but City own your league. They have to fuck up AND someone has to step up for them not to win it. Same as Bundesliga, only the prem has more teams capable of cashing in on City getting 3 less wins than projected. 

People forget City play with a bottomless pit, the only reason the likes of Riola and Haaland are getting away with such deals is because clubs like City etc.. aren't playing the game on the same level as the rest.

Which makes Liverpool and Klopps achievements even more incredible. Let's see how long he can keep them at bay though.

57 minutes ago, Devil said:

People forget City play with a bottomless pit, the only reason the likes of Riola and Haaland are getting away with such deals is because clubs like City etc.. aren't playing the game on the same level as the rest.

Which makes Liverpool and Klopps achievements even more incredible. Let's see how long he can keep them at bay though.

Like every club we cant spend more than we bring in thats why we didn't buy Kane last season, we couldn't afford him

8 hours ago, Devil said:

Utd have spent more than city over the last 5 years 

19 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Utd have spent more than city over the last 5 years 

The difference between what we've spent and what they've spent shouldn't be judged the same. We've earned our money, they're playing with a bottomless pit.

We're bankrupting ourselves to catch back up whilst they play football manager on cheat mode. People just judge them on the field, come to Manchester, visit their stadium, they've basically built a their own version of Barcelona's La Masia. They've taken their backroom staff, they've taken their manager indirectly.

To them their is no worry of sell on value, no worry about losing players on contracts for free, no players holding their club to ransom. You can't fail if you have no books to balance and no worries of financial implications of any sort of deal. 

Without Liverpool this league we call competitive wouldn't be competitive. It would be a one horse race every season. They've practically done the same with the cups as well, they've only borrowed out their league cup for a season.

Truly believe football finished the day the Sheik bought City. 

On 19/03/2022 at 08:26, Happy Blue said:

Like every club we cant spend more than we bring in thats why we didn't buy Kane last season, we couldn't afford him

Or on the other hand did your board look at it and think why spend 160 million plus on a player close to 30 when we can get the next global superstar for 75 million next summer.

1 hour ago, Waylander said:

Rumour starting to circulate that Haaland is injury prone, £170m think that ship has sailed perhaps £120m.

His release clause is under 70million matey, he will cost us 100million with agent fees on top 

39 minutes ago, Devil said:

Or on the other hand did your board look at it and think why spend 160 million plus on a player close to 30 when we can get the next global superstar for 75 million next summer.

There was defo a cap on what we thought he was worth, wasting £100 on Greelish meant we couldn't over spend on Kane too though

• The title was changed to Erling Haaland - Man City Complete Signing of Dortmund Striker

Archived