talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Erling Haaland - Man City Complete Signing of Dortmund Striker

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When asked about Haaland Klopp said...

"We won't be going there. The numbers involved are just crazy – we'll be having nothing to do with it. No chance! To be honest, I don't want anything to do with it. It's not fun.”

3 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

When asked about Haaland Klopp said...

"We won't be going there. The numbers involved are just crazy – we'll be having nothing to do with it. No chance! To be honest, I don't want anything to do with it. It's not fun.”

63million and 400k a week, sounds like a good deal for the top striker on the planet, we saved about 100million on the transfer fee with the release clause and he's only 21, it's the bargain of the summer mate 😎 

1 hour ago, Happy Blue said:

63million and 400k a week, sounds like a good deal for the top striker on the planet, we saved about 100million on the transfer fee with the release clause and he's only 21, it's the bargain of the summer mate 😎 

His Dad and his agent want about £50m apiece mate. Haaland also wants a huge signing fee by all accounts.

It doesn't matter though when your state funded but proper clubs like Liverpool are best staying well clear. :hh:

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

His Dad and his agent want about £50m apiece mate. Haaland also wants a huge signing fee by all accounts.

It doesn't matter though when your state funded but proper clubs like Liverpool are best staying well clear.

With us saving 100million on the fee it balances out mate to his market value so we not over paying even with the fee's on top

Have to admit would like to see Haaland at City at least for a while anyway.

At 6''4 there would be a big temptation on the pitch to put through in high balls.

Is Haaland the complete striker can he play with his back to the play as well as leading the line.

Can he shoot in space like De Bruyne can or does he need to be in the box to shoot. 

Corners would be amusing with I guess your two tallest defenders trying to crowd him out.

On 09/04/2022 at 06:44, Waylander said:

Have to admit would like to see Haaland at City at least for a while anyway.

At 6''4 there would be a big temptation on the pitch to put through in high balls.

Is Haaland the complete striker can he play with his back to the play as well as leading the line.

Can he shoot in space like De Bruyne can or does he need to be in the box to shoot. 

Corners would be amusing with I guess your two tallest defenders trying to crowd him out.

He is great at hold up play and has good feet.  His strengths are his physicality and his pace.  He's worked on heading and seems to be much better at it this season compared to last.  Considering his size he should be scoring more with his head but I think it will come with time.  He has a rifle of a shot on him but I can't say that I've seen him score many from outside the box.  He doesn't take free kicks for Dortmund as they have plenty of others skilled in that department.  He seems to score two types of goals: poachers from inside the area and those where he can run into space behind the defender and rip a shot into the top of the net.

His biggest weaknesses are twofold IMO... he sulks when he doesn't get the ball, which means that he'll disappear in matches over the course of the season.  And, as I've mentioned several times before... he's hurt A LOT.  I think he's missed 50% of this season and if I had to guess he's probably missed at least a third of all games he's been in Dortmund.  For someone who's going to be the 1st or 2nd highest paid player in the world soon he needs to be playing more.

4 minutes ago, Coma said:

He is great at hold up play and has good feet.  His strengths are his physicality and his pace.  He's worked on heading and seems to be much better at it this season compared to last.  Considering his size he should be scoring more with his head but I think it will come with time.  He has a rifle of a shot on him but I can't say that I've seen him score many from outside the box.  He doesn't take free kicks for Dortmund as they have plenty of others skilled in that department.  He seems to score two types of goals: poachers from inside the area and those where he can run into space behind the defender and rip a shot into the top of the net.

His biggest weaknesses are twofold IMO... he sulks when he doesn't get the ball, which means that he'll disappear in matches over the course of the season.  And, as I've mentioned several times before... he's hurt A LOT.  I think he's missed 50% of this season and if I had to guess he's probably missed at least a third of all games he's been in Dortmund.  For someone who's going to be the 1st or 2nd highest paid player in the world soon he needs to be playing more.

is he related to callum Wilson

14 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Only Daily Mail but I am reading this Keegan bloke is pretty reliable when it comes to City. 

Man City agree terms over £500,000-A-WEEK deal to sign Erling Haaland

Foden            Haaland        Mahrez

Cancelo     Bernardo     Rodrigo      De Bruyne     Walker

Laporte                     Dias

Ederson

11 hours ago, Waylander said:

Get the feeling Kane also likes playing under Conte so is settled for one more season I guess.

Kane to Newcastle in 2024 as a free agent most likely, or Chelsea if they mismanage Broja. Can’t see him ever leaving England, barely speaks English as it is. 

I'm not convinced that he'd do that well.

The Bundesliga is a great league but its not the premier league. Look at the players who have come over so far. Sancho has been iffy so far for man u and Bailey has hardly played at Villa. I doubt Lewendowski would have the same form if he came over.

• The title was changed to Erling Haaland - Man City Complete Signing of Dortmund Striker

Archived