talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Erling Haaland - Man City Complete Signing of Dortmund Striker

Haaland wants to follow in his dad's footsteps and play for Man City so let's hope he gets his wish. we could make do with Mbappe this summer instead of Kane and get Haaland signed up at Christmas for 65million B| ..if they was smart they would auction him off now and get at least double 

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With Sancho gone, you’d think they would be interested in a deal that saw both Hudson Odoi & Abraham + maybe 50m for Haaland. They could do a lot worse than that.  

Chelsea lads, would you do that deal? 

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, Rick said:

With Sancho gone, you’d think they would be interested in a deal that saw both Hudson Odoi & Abraham + maybe 50m for Haaland. They could do a lot worse than that.  

You're taking away a guaranteed performer for two players who may not live up to the potential. Idk how they'd react to that but it seems like a poor deal to me. 

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, Rick said:

Why?

Haaland is one hell of a striker. Abraham and money doesn't scratch the surface, in my opinion. 

11 minutes ago, Stan said:

Why?

Haaland is one hell of a striker. Abraham and money doesn't scratch the surface, in my opinion. 

Both players and money would be tempting for me. Abraham is a safe bet to score goals in any team for me, and Hudson Odoi has bags of potential. 

Haaland is amazing, but if there is only Chelsea looking to jump the queue and get him this summer then you have to think long term. Either get two players and a good bit of cash this summer or next summer he leaves for a fraction of that. He’s never going to sign a new contract with a higher release clause. 

1 hour ago, Rick said:

Both players and money would be tempting for me. Abraham is a safe bet to score goals in any team for me, and Hudson Odoi has bags of potential. 

Haaland is amazing, but if there is only Chelsea looking to jump the queue and get him this summer then you have to think long term. Either get two players and a good bit of cash this summer or next summer he leaves for a fraction of that. He’s never going to sign a new contract with a higher release clause. 

Could be a lot of factors. From what I gather, Dortmund just want cash. (I agree that I too think Tammy would shine for them). 

That said, I’m pretty certain even our closest correspondents are in the dark on this. Who knows what’s going on. 

On 15/07/2021 at 09:08, Cicero said:

It’s money or nothing. 

The likelihood of selling this window is low, but if anyone has the money to get him now it's Chelsea.  On a swap deal, they don't want Chelsea castoffs... even though we can all agree that Abraham is no typical castoff.  The Athletic article put it perfectly... if Abraham is a fourth choice striker at Chelsea then why should Dortmund do them any favors?

Dortmund still sees a window to a Bundesliga championship as long as they have Haaland, however small that reality may be.  Without him it's a rebuild.  Big money offer or fuck off.

2 hours ago, Coma said:

The likelihood of selling this window is low, but if anyone has the money to get him now it's Chelsea.  On a swap deal, they don't want Chelsea castoffs... even though we can all agree that Abraham is no typical castoff.  The Athletic article put it perfectly... if Abraham is a fourth choice striker at Chelsea then why should Dortmund do them any favors?

Dortmund still sees a window to a Bundesliga championship as long as they have Haaland, however small that reality may be.  Without him it's a rebuild.  Big money offer or fuck off.

Chelsea are fucking stupid for wanting to get rid of Abraham. Dortmund would hardly be doing them a favour, it would be taking advantage of their idiocy. 

16 minutes ago, Rick said:

Chelsea are fucking stupid for wanting to get rid of Abraham. Dortmund would hardly be doing them a favour, it would be taking advantage of their idiocy. 

Tuchel’s treatment of him one of the few negatives I have of him.

• Administrator
8 hours ago, shut up said:

Abraham is class. People talk about him like he's Sanogo or Borini. 

He's a modern day Darren Bent. All confidence, will go on goal scoring streaks followed by unconvincing goal drought performances. Give it a year or so he'll rock up at Villa or Wolves on big money and knock in around 10-12 goals. 

1 minute ago, Batard said:

He's a modern day Darren Bent. All confidence, will go on goal scoring streaks followed by unconvincing goal drought performances. Give it a year or so he'll rock up at Villa or Wolves on big money and knock in around 10-12 goals. 

Darren Bent wasn't dogshit like Sanogo or Borini though

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Darren Bent wasn't dogshit like Sanogo or Borini though

Borini is a funny one. He had a good spell at Roma, but I guess he proves the form is temporary class is permanent paradigm

Borini is a funny one. He had a good spell at Roma, but I guess he proves the form is temporary class is permanent paradigm

He lasted far longer at AC Milan than I think he should have too.

Managers like him because he has an incredible work ethic. But he's really not all that great as a player at all.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

He lasted far longer at AC Milan than I think he should have too.

Managers like him because he has an incredible work ethic. But he's really not all that great as a player at all.

I think joining Sunderland will forever leave us thinking he was a lot shitter than he actually was 

I think joining Sunderland will forever leave us thinking he was a lot shitter than he actually was 

I saw him with us... so he's sort of permanently tainted by how shit he was at his time at Liverpool, imo. I think at Sunderland he was pretty popular among the fans. I've got a friend who's a big AC Milan fan though and he absolutely could not stand Borini and whenever I saw him play with AC Milan I thought he was pretty much the same exact player he was with us - just asked to do less in attack and to contribute more in defense.

We signed him to be a striker/winger and he ended up having a bit of a "Dirk Kuyt" type career where he's more famous for playing out wide and having a great work ethic, rather than his goalscoring ability or flare from out wide... but I do think Borini only had a fraction of Kuyt's talent and work ethic. And I'm surprised Milan stuck with him for as long as they did.

3 hours ago, Coma said:

The likelihood of selling this window is low, but if anyone has the money to get him now it's Chelsea. 

He doesn't really want to play for Chelsea though, its City or Madrid and we have the money to get him now

18 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

He doesn't really want to play for Chelsea though, its City or Madrid and we have the money to get him now

Is this one of your wind up posts or is it a @Happy Blue serious post?

Just curious as I don't want you coming back in a second saying you were trolling. 

Just curious how you know Haaland is only interested in City and Madrid? 

Do you know him personally mate 😂

I'd say there are about four or five genuine clubs he could choose from personally, I don't believe for a second City are a priority over the current European champions. 

43 minutes ago, Devil said:

Is this one of your wind up posts or is it a @Happy Blue serious post?

Just curious as I don't want you coming back in a second saying you were trolling. 

Just curious how you know Haaland is only interested in City and Madrid? 

Do you know him personally mate 😂

I'd say there are about four or five genuine clubs he could choose from personally, I don't believe for a second City are a priority over the current European champions. 

Forget what you have read or what he's been forced to say, Halaand grew up a City fan and wants to follow in his fathers footsteps by playing for us, this has come from his dad. some people on here will know how i know this ;)

Halaand.jpg

1 minute ago, Happy Blue said:

Forget what you have read or what he's been forced to say, Halaand grew up a City fan and wants to follow in his fathers footsteps by playing for us, this has come from his dad. some people on here will know how it know this ;)

Halaand.jpg

Yep his dad played for you, but he also played for Leeds. 

Just because someone's dad played for a club doesn't mean he'd choose them over some of footballs most elite clubs. 

That photo proves nothing either mate, granted I think you are a likely destination (only because of money) but to rule out other clubs is nonsense. 

What if we get Varane, Trippier, Sancho and maybe even Rice. Challenge for the title, Haaland could look it and think United are on another stratosphere to City in terms of size and they are nearly there title wise. 

Or he could think Chelsea win trophies for fun, they are European champions, they are in London. 

5 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

His dad

ERFx6qaXsAcjd2I.jpg

Means nothing. 

His dad will tell him he'd have preferred to play for Barca and Real Madrid or United if given the chance during his career. 

1 minute ago, Devil said:

Yep his dad played for you, but he also played for Leeds. 

Just because someone's dad played for a club doesn't mean he'd choose them over some of footballs most elite clubs. 

That photo proves nothing either mate, granted I think you are a likely destination (only because of money) but to rule out other clubs is nonsense. 

What if we get Varane, Trippier, Sancho and maybe even Rice. Challenge for the title, Haaland could look it and think United are on another stratosphere to City in terms of size and they are nearly there title wise. 

Or he could think Chelsea win trophies for fun, they are European champions, they are in London. 

I agree, but  this has come direct from his father so make of that what you will   ..also football is a business so anything can happen, i was saying City or Madrid is Halaands preferred destination 

• The title was changed to Erling Haaland - Man City Complete Signing of Dortmund Striker

Archived