talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Erling Haaland - Man City Complete Signing of Dortmund Striker

Talksport
'It appears as if the Citizens are prepared to pay Haaland an eye-watering £500,000-per-week as they look to replace Sergio Aguero.'
The Guardian
'Haaland will earn a basic salary of around £350,000 a week with considerable bonuses and is poised to sign a five-year contract.'

So, a mere £150,000 per week disparity. 'It appears...'? First rule of journalism; don't let the facts get in the way of a good story. Second rule? If you don't know, make something up (particularly, if it has the potential to stir up controversy or promote hatred).

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
12 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Talksport
'It appears as if the Citizens are prepared to pay Haaland an eye-watering £500,000-per-week as they look to replace Sergio Aguero.'
The Guardian
'Haaland will earn a basic salary of around £350,000 a week with considerable bonuses and is poised to sign a five-year contract.'

So, a mere £150,000 per week disparity. 'It appears...'? First rule of journalism; don't let the facts get in the way of a good story. Second rule? If you don't know, make something up (particularly, if it has the potential to stir up controversy or promote hatred).

Depends if the top quote includes considerable bonuses or not...

But it's Talksport. And in general football journalism is the absolute pits. They can get away with spouting any kind of shite and they know millions will lap it up.

• Administrator

Would be amusing if he suffered a long term injury. Not in a sense of wishing injury on someone, just that it means Man City will have wasted all that money for no return. .

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Stan said:

Would be amusing if he suffered a long term injury. Not in a sense of wishing injury on someone, just that it means Man City will have wasted all that money for no return. .

He was already injured alot this season so thats not much of a stretch xD

Personally hope he does well but then there is a soft spot for a guy that was born in Leeds and supports Leeds.

I like his character, he's a confident guy, not afraid to dish it out. He's got it all in front of him now playing for arguably the best team in the world on paper. 

He's going to be under more pressure to produce than he's ever had and he may take some time to adapt but he has the attributes to succeed in this country. He'll relish the phyisical side especially.

Personally don't believe all this tripe about 'He's not a Pep kinda player'. He's 21. He's not even the finished article and he's now going to be playing for an elite manager. He will give it everything.

And to be fair, he will be rotated enough to make sure he gets rest and recovery so his injury record may well improve from that aspect.

When you consider he's also cheaper than Harry Maguire and Romelu Lukaku, I think it's a brilliant deal for City and if he can stay fit, I'd fancy him to be a success given the amount of chances they will create for him.

1 minute ago, Lucas said:

Personally hope he does well but then there is a soft spot for a guy that was born in Leeds and supports Leeds.

I like his character, he's a confident guy, not afraid to dish it out. He's got it all in front of him now playing for arguably the best team in the world on paper. 

He's going to be under more pressure to produce than he's ever had and he may take some time to adapt but he has the attributes to succeed in this country. He'll relish the phyisical side especially.

Personally don't believe all this tripe about 'He's not a Pep kinda player'. He's 21. He's not even the finished article and he's now going to be playing for an elite manager. He will give it everything.

And to be fair, he will be rotated enough to make sure he gets rest and recovery so his injury record may well improve from that aspect.

When you consider he's also cheaper than Harry Maguire and Romelu Lukaku, I think it's a brilliant deal for City and if he can stay fit, I'd fancy him to be a success given the amount of chances they will create for him.

Leeds are his 2nd club, he supports City ;)

Screenshot 2022-05-09 at 19.25.07.png

1 minute ago, Happy Blue said:

Leeds are his 2nd club, he supports City ;)

Screenshot 2022-05-09 at 19.25.07.png

I won't go round in circles googling the net but you will find he supports Leeds as much, if not more so, than City.

That's also why he asked for Stuart Dallas' shirt in the Norway Northern Ireland game random as it was.

Just now, Lucas said:

I won't go round in circles googling the net but you will find he supports Leeds as much, if not more so, than City.

That's also why he asked for Stuart Dallas' shirt in the Norway Northern Ireland game random as it was.

I knew he had a soft spot for Leeds because of his dad 

7 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Transfer fee confirmed as £51million too not 63, what else has been lied about? :35_thinking: 

Just saw that on BBC now.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60819647

Fair play, as @Lucas mentioned, I know you can chuck the likely stupid agent fee on top, as well as the weekly wages, but this looks like a much better deal than the likes of Maguire, Lukaku and Pogba already.

6 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Just saw that on BBC now.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60819647

Fair play, as @Lucas mentioned, I know you can chuck the likely stupid agent fee on top, as well as the weekly wages, but this looks like a much better deal than the likes of Maguire, Lukaku and Pogba already.

The fact he could stay with us for 10 years too saves us spending on that position so it saves us money in the long run and like you say, better value than a lot of other deals, it's a great bit of business for a young world class striker

2 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Seems like a very non-Guardiola signing but a great signing nonetheless. Will be interesting to see how Pep adjusts his system to fit Haaland in.

Well for a third of the season Pep  won't have to worry about it because Haaland will be injured.

2 hours ago, 6666 said:

Seems like a very non-Guardiola signing but a great signing nonetheless. Will be interesting to see how Pep adjusts his system to fit Haaland in.

Like Zlatan to Barca in 2009. I believe Pep wanted Villa at the time but Valencia didn't want to sell. It was Laporta that brought Zlatan to Barca. 

This signing screams similarities to that and to me, it means only one thing. Pep is off soon and this is very much a club signing. Pep and Txiki have a fantastic understanding so I can't see the latter going over his head on this one. 

2 hours ago, 6666 said:

Haaland will adjust to Pep's system, not the other way around ;)

I love how stumped the journalists are. They were all expecting to be able to say this cost us a squillion billion quid and how we’re ruining football and then it turns out we got a bargain and they have no idea what to say :4_joy:

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

I love how stumped the journalists are. They were all expecting to be able to say this cost us a squillion billion quid and how we’re ruining football and then it turns out we got a bargain and they have no idea what to say :4_joy:

Tbf we dont know his wages or bonus structure yet. We always kind of new the transfer fee wasnt going to be the talking point. 

4 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Transfer fee confirmed as £51million too not 63, what else has been lied about? :35_thinking: 

According to German media, which is usually quite reliable in such things it's 75m Euro, which would be 64 M Pound Sterling. Don't rewrite the truth.

4 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Although I saw more expensive transfers, bargain is a stretch.

5 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

According to German media, which is usually quite reliable in such things it's 75m Euro, which would be 64 M Pound Sterling. Don't rewrite the truth.

Although I saw more expensive transfers, bargain is a stretch.

Just check Dortmund's public finance records when its complete and we will know then. not that it really matters 51 or 63 million, it's not my money :4_joy:

4 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Just check Dortmund's public finance records when its complete and we will know then. not that it really matters 51 or 63 million, it's not my money :4_joy:

Neither it's mine, which is a shame.xD You're still discounting 1 million Pound here, I see.:ph34r:

• The title was changed to Erling Haaland - Man City Complete Signing of Dortmund Striker

Archived