talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Erling Haaland - Man City Complete Signing of Dortmund Striker

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First of all. Sterling, Foden Grealish are wide players who will play more passes. So bullshit to include them. 

Second. Jesus, for all that he is a very decent link up player, and a serviceable goal scorer, was not someone city wanted to use as their forward last season. However, after not getting Kane, City didn't make the mistake pretty much every other club in the league would make. They didn't just go out and grab a random decent available player as a desperate consolation prize. They used what was available, to suit their best needs. 

So to answer the question posed. City will change their style (a little) to suit Haaland 

Barring injury, this does not go tits up IMO.

• Administrator

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61575822

Erling Haaland says he is "in the right place to fulfil his ambitions" after completing a £51.2m transfer to Manchester City from Borussia Dortmund.

The 21-year-old scored 86 goals in 89 games for Dortmund and arrives at the Premier League champions as one of world football's most coveted forwards.

He has signed a five-year deal until 2027 and will join the club on 1 July.

An agreement was reached for the Norway international in May after City activated the player's release clause.

"This is a proud day for me and my family," said Haaland, the son of former City captain Alf-Inge, who played for the club between 2000 and 2003.

"I have always watched City and have loved doing so in recent seasons. You can't help but admire their style of play - it's exciting and they create a lot of chances, which is perfect for a player like me," he added.

"There are so many world-class players in this squad and Pep [Guardiola] is one of the greatest managers of all-time, so I believe I am in the right place to fulfil my ambitions.

"I want to score goals, win trophies, and improve as a footballer and I am confident I can do that here. This is a great move for me, and I can't wait to get started in pre-season."

• The title was changed to Erling Haaland - Man City Complete Signing of Dortmund Striker
  • Subscriber
10 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Aidan Keane, 6ft 3 centre-back plays for Everton I believe.

Hang on, not sure now after seeing this, @RandoEFC, help needed, please O.o

Does Roy Keane's son play for Everton?

Michael Vincent Keane (born 11 January 1993) is an English professional footballer who plays as a centre-back for Premier League club Everton and the England national team.

2 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

All that after insisting on a 2 year get out clause in his contract xD

Not sure he has that clause bud, might be more media bollocks and if he does its more likely just to get himself a better deal with us a few years in, this kid is Citys biggest fan 😉 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Made up for the kid, got his dream move to the team he's supported his whole life B| 40 goals next season at least 

He will be man marked by the high heavens I would imagine to see if he can hack it in the EPL, funny feeling he will get a few injuries, we will just have to wait and see, tbh he will never be another Sergio Agüero, that guy was a one off. 

6 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

He will be man marked by the high heavens I would imagine to see if he can hack it in the EPL, funny feeling he will get a few injuries, we will just have to wait and see, tbh he will never be another Sergio Agüero, that guy was a one off. 

He knocked Dias over like a bowling pin 😂 they better get out of his way lol ..looks like Haaland will be the best striker ever lived mate, have you not seen the records he's already broken? and he's 5 years off his best yet too :hh:

The complete package, height, strength, the speed of Mbappe, long jump record holder, fastest player to score 50 goals in the top German league thingy, youngest player to score 20 CL goals, best goals to min's ever in the Germany league, he will take the Premier League by storm :hh:

20220613_143021.jpg

• Administrator

Aidan Keane, 6ft 3 centre-back plays for Everton I believe.

Hang on, not sure now after seeing this, @RandoEFC, help needed, please O.o

Does Roy Keane's son play for Everton?

Michael Vincent Keane (born 11 January 1993) is an English professional footballer who plays as a centre-back for Premier League club Everton and the England national team.

What? 

On 13/06/2022 at 15:13, Happy Blue said:

The complete package, height, strength, the speed of Mbappe, long jump record holder, fastest player to score 50 goals in the top German league thingy, youngest player to score 20 CL goals, best goals to min's ever in the Germany league, he will take the Premier League by storm :hh:

20220613_143021.jpg

How many times have you masturbated since Haaland signed?

I bet your dick is close to falling off xD

11 minutes ago, Stan said:

There's nothing in that article that says @Cicero is wrong?

Nothing that says he's right, it's come from a Madrid news paper 😂 ..if there was a release clause it would be 250million plus but City don't do release clauses because ANY play that is not happy is free to leave anyway, we dont hold players hostage like some clubs and only want players that want to be here.  if he wants to go he can leave in the next window if the price is right, simples

Archived