Salford vs Grimsby
Scunthorpe vs Crawley, 13.00
Walsall vs Harrogate

Saturday 3rd April, 2021
Southend vs Carlisle, 13.00

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think that defeat may be the end of Tony Mowbray's time at Blackburn Rovers. I thought the talk of replacing him whilst they were in top half wad a little harsh, but they've been dropping like a stone for some time now and they're far better on paper than their league position suggests.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Think that defeat may be the end of Tony Mowbray's time at Blackburn Rovers. I thought the talk of replacing him whilst they were in top half wad a little harsh, but they've been dropping like a stone for some time now and they're far better on paper than their league position suggests.

Unfortunately, yes. Even when we were close to the playoffs I felt it was time for a change. He’s done well and I have nothing but respect for him. But our firepower has previously deceived and papered over cracks.

• Administrator

Just seen the Birmingham vs Swansea result from last night. 

Ironic that Swansea lose a game to one of the worst sides by a last minute penalty. 

I just don’t see how we’re getting promoted, it’s not even an issue with the players, Thomas Frank can’t overcome small margins, no tactical changes, subs very predictable. If we’re not absolutely storming it then we have no chance 

25 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Brentford have vibes of Cardiff ten or so years ago, class until February and then woeful from then on. 

Quite glad they never achieved anything as that team were horrible to play against. 

Wonder where Brentford go if they don't get promoted this season. I know the mantra has always been "the style and progression exceeds results" but to have missed out on two potential £150,000,000+ cash windfalls must be hard to accept.

I feel bad for Brentford because they have done a lot right over the course of 4 or 5 seasons and showcased some great talent but ultimately, they don't seem to have that mental edge from start to finish. 

Far be it from me to get all high and mighty because it took us ages enough to do it but that said, we had to deal with a different kind of pressure down to the size of the club and weight of expectation. With Brentford, they have happily maintained this underdog tag until this season where apart from Norwich, it's all been much of a muchness and is there for the taking.

A really average Watford side now look like taking 2nd, and it could also easily be an average Swansea side. So what does that say for Brentford?

I think as much as you can blame Thomas Frank, others have also tried and failed and ultimately if you cannot get over the line, psychologically its bound to fester and play some part at the club.

I personally don't think Brentford have had a better team than last season, that front three were excellent as a unit and defensively they were sound too. They will almost certainly lose Toney if they don't go up and likely lose Rico Henry too and then it's back to Square One.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived