talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsenal 0-3 Liverpool - Saturday 3rd April, 2021

football forum

On 03/04/2021 at 16:50, Gunnersauraus said:

I think we would of been better of sticking with Emery. 

Personally, I think Wenger's overstay has left permanent damage within the mentality of the entire club. You lot continue to look soft and completely collapse when pressure arises. I genuinely think the only way to fix this is to get a Simeone or Allegri type manager vs the progressive ones Arsenal are used to. 

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Personally, I think Wenger's overstay has left permanent damage within the mentality of the entire club. You lot continue to look soft and completely collapse when pressure arises. I genuinely think the only way to fix this is to get a Simeone or Allegri type manager vs the progressive ones Arsenal are used to. 

Well your entitled to your opinion but I dont believe that. Arsenal won the fa cup 3 times out of Wenger's last 5 years. Were in the champions league until the last two years. Even in his worst ever season they finished sixth which is better than they are now.  Also collapses were much less common against opposition weaker than us. Now I feel like weaker opposition could beat us more easily. There has been more than enough time to be better than where they are now.

25 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Well your entitled to your opinion but I dont believe that. Arsenal won the fa cup 3 times out of Wenger's last 5 years. Were in the champions league until the last two years. Even in his worst ever season they finished sixth which is better than they are now.  Also collapses were much less common against opposition weaker than us. Now I feel like weaker opposition could beat us more easily. There has been more than enough time to be better than where they are now.

You lot lack backbone and grit to handle high pressure moments. You don't agree with that?

We saw it under Wenger and it continued to be apparent under Emery and Arteta. FA cup is great and all that but it always comes at a cost of you lot putting all your eggs in that basket considering your season is already finished before April. 

8 minutes ago, Cicero said:

You lot lack backbone and grit to handle high pressure moments. You don't agree with that?

We saw it under Wenger and it continued to be apparent under Emery and Arteta. FA cup is great and all that but it always comes at a cost of you lot putting all your eggs in that basket considering your season is already finished before April. 

I don't think we had the mental strength of a top team under Wenger. I think we had more mental strength than alot of other teams  that were below us though. Most better teams do have more mental strength because mental strength is a big part of being a great player. And also because they are better so they are more confident of being able to beat teams. We don't now but it has got worse since Wenger has gone. So I dont blame Wenger for the club being like that now. Winning the fa cup and getting in the champions league is about all I would expect from arsenal since Chelsea and man city got rich. We would have to get a top top coach to win the league. Theres probably only a maximum of about 5 coaches in the world who could win it with us. Pre 2014 I dont think anyone could of won it with the financial restrictions we had. 

12 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

So I dont blame Wenger for the club being like that now. Winning the fa cup and getting in the champions league is about all I would expect from arsenal since Chelsea and man city got rich. We would have to get a top top coach to win the league. Theres probably only a maximum of about 5 coaches in the world who could win it with us. Pre 2014 I dont think anyone could of won it with the financial restrictions we had. 

You lot spent more than us the past 5 seasons so to expect merely Champions league qualification and the FA Cup here and there doesn't reflect what's been invested. You are spending far more than you did circa 2005-2011 with inflation being considered, and you were battling for the title against one of the best United and Chelsea sides during that period. 

You lot do spend, just irresponsibly. Having Kronke at the helm and going the super agent route in recruitment isn't helping, but the common factor with Wenger, Emery, and Arteta is lack of spine. Hence why appointing a conservative manager could actually solve what seems to be a 10 year issue. 

Just now, Cicero said:

You lot spent more than us the past 5 seasons so to expect merely Champions league qualification and the FA Cup here and there doesn't reflect what's been invested. You are spending far more than you did circa 2005-2011 with inflation being considered, and you were battling for the title against one of the best United and Chelsea sides during that period. 

You lot do spend, just irresponsibly. Having Kronke at the helm and going the super agent route in recruitment is going to set you back for a long time. The common factor with Wenger, Emery, and Arteta is spine, hence why appointing a conservative manager could actually solve what seems to be a 10 year issue. 

5 years?? Wenger has been gone for 3. I never disputed we are bad now. I just dont think it is because of Wenger. I even agreed Wenger needed to go at the end but only for the last two years. With what he spent before that he did very well. When you won the league you had the highest wage bill in England and you still had a core team that had been established with heavy spending.  Also I said only a few managers in the world could win it with us. I actually think conte is one of them. I think it would take a top manager to win it with you as well. And I think champions league qualification and a few fa cups is about your level as well. Although I think it is easier to win it with you because your owner cares about winning and so runs the club better.

• Subscriber

I dont think I ever really appreciated how good Fabinho is. Not just this match, he didnt have alot to do tbh but your midfield in particular controlled the entire match. Definitely partly on a completely lethargic Arsenal but still.  

1 hour ago, Viva la FCB said:

I dont think I ever really appreciated how good Fabinho is. Not just this match, he didnt have alot to do tbh but your midfield in particular controlled the entire match. Definitely partly on a completely lethargic Arsenal but still.  

I think this season has really opened my eyes to how good Fabinho is in midfield. I think he and Henderson are our two most important midfielders. But I think he's probably our most important midfielder.

Earlier in the season when he started filling in at CB (and looking good there), I don't think we missed him as much. But as the season's gone on and midfield depth dwindled to where we had both playing at CB rather than midfield... we saw our midfield lose so much. And when we lost both of them for a period due to injury, it coincided with some of our worst performances I've seen in YEARS.

I think as long as Phillips, Kabak, Williams and Davies are healthy, Fabinho's got to be in our midfield as much as possible for the rest of the season (especially with Henderson out for the whole season). The whole midfield just plays much better with him there and it gives us much more of a chance to control any given match. 

He's brilliant, look at what he's done for us since joining the side, I'm lucky to be a Liverpool fan at a time where he's at the club. 

Just now, UNIQUE said:

has davis even had a run out for the u23 team yet. 

I'm not even sure he actually exists or if he's just a figure of our collective imaginations just because we want to have more depth at CB.

Archived