talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Things You Hate To Admit

football forum

xD I'll let you 2 keep on with your windup meltdowns then. You win, now carry along.

----------------------------------------

A few more of mine

- Infantino is worse than Blatter

- Luis Advincula has lost plenty of pace

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cup competitions are the only time a weaker or worse team will win because no path to a final is equal, in a league it is an equal measurement of consistency over a year, the best team always wins

5 minutes ago, Spike said:

cup competitions are the only time a weaker or worse team will win because no path to a final is equal, in a league it is an equal measurement of consistency over a year, the best team always wins

One thing is competing as a single team, another thing is having several teams compete and making it to the latter stages. Even UEFA know this, as they use this to determine coefficients.

5 minutes ago, Spike said:

I agree. But this makes national leagues at times really predictable. 

IMO the playoffs format of american leagues is way more exciting than the national leagues format of european football.  :ph34r:

Just now, Mpache said:

One thing is competing as a single team, another thing is having several teams compete and making it to the latter stages. Even UEFA know this, as they use this to determine coefficients.

Those coefficients are bollocks, it's a lot easter to get teams to the latter stages when they are given passes to the group stage and more teams are allowed to qualify. The only thing the coefficients do are stack the deck in favour of the leagues with already higher coefficients. Funny how UEFA want the most marketable leagues playing the most matches with each other..funny how marketing comes up again.

Just now, Spike said:

Those coefficients are bollocks, it's a lot easter to get teams to the latter stages when they are given passes to the group stage and more teams are allowed to qualify. The only thing the coefficients do are stack the deck in favour of the leagues with already higher coefficients. Funny how UEFA want the most marketable leagues playing the most matches with each other..funny how marketing comes up again.

If you have 4 German teams in the quarter finals and 1 English team, what does that tell you?

I measure it every 3 years myself. La Liga was dominant in every European competition from 2014-2018. So to me it's fair to say la Liga had the best league.

Just now, Mpache said:

If you have 4 German teams in the quarter finals and 1 English team, what does that tell you?

I measure it every 3 years myself. La Liga was dominant in every European competition from 2014-2018. So to me it's fair to say la Liga had the best league.

It means you cannot do arithmetic because five teams cannot be in the quarter finals

1 minute ago, Spike said:

last time I checked you said five teams

It's a bloody comparison dude. I was comparing Germany vs England. I don't have to name the other 3 teams.

To support the sake of your OCD, 4 German teams, 1 English team, 1 French and 1 Italian, 1 Croatian. Are you happy now? :dam:

Just now, Mpache said:

It's a bloody comparison dude. I was comparing Germany vs England. I don't have to name the other 3 teams.

To support the sake of your OCD, 4 German teams, 1 English team, 1 French and 1 Italian, 1 Croatian. Are you happy now? :dam:

Are you mocking my mental illness now?

23 minutes ago, Spike said:

I already gave you my damn answer anway @Mpache you just ignored it

Using cup competitions to measure leagues is pointless because no teams have the same path to the final, there can be no comparison because they haven't played the same matches.

Just now, Spike said:

I already gave you my damn answer anway @Mpache you just ignored it

Using cup competitions to measure leagues is pointless because no teams have the same path to the final, there can be no comparison because they haven't played the same matches.

Which is why I measure it over 3 years.

You cannot measure quality based off domestic matches. Teams can play slower domestically depending on the situation and some teams that look unbeatable in their leagues can get blown out of the water in international competitions, AKA against better teams.

Just now, Mpache said:

I wasn't mocking anyone dude. I just don't know why I had to name the other 3 xD

It could have been important information, what if they other three were croatian teams? oh wait it can't because they don't get to have three teams qualify

Just now, Mpache said:

Which is why I measure it over 3 years.

You cannot measure quality based off domestic matches. Teams can play slower domestically depending on the situation and some teams that look unbeatable in their leagues can get blown out of the water in international competitions, AKA against better teams.

And the complete opposite will happen in cup competitions as well, which is why they don't matter.

Just now, Spike said:

It could have been important information, what if they other three were croatian teams? oh wait it can't because they don't get to have three teams qualify

Why do you think they have 3 teams that qualify in the first place?

You say I choose to ignore your opinion yet I gave you a fact that UEFA uses it for coefficients. Meaning sports science went into it.

I respect your opinion but I don't respect your attitude in this situation, even if you probably are taking the piss and I bit pretty hard.

1 minute ago, Spike said:

And the complete opposite will happen in cup competitions as well, which is why they don't matter.

By this logic, the Paraguayan league is the best in the world. I don't care if they don't win Libertadores or can't beat a European in the CWC. Competitions don't matter, so it's the best league cos I say so. With that I sign off.

Just now, Mpache said:

Why do you think they have 3 teams that qualify in the first place?

You say I choose to ignore your opinion yet I gave you a fact that UEFA uses it for coefficients. Meaning sports science went into it.

I respect your opinion but I don't respect your attitude in this situation, even if you probably are taking the piss and I bit pretty hard.

Well why aren't the given three teams? They aren't even given the same chance to compete as other leagues. Reminds me of something else, something else that doesn't get equal opportunity, hmmm.

UEFA doesn't give a shit about sports science, they give a shit about money and it's more money to have four German teams than 50 Croatian teams, the 'coefficient' is just a convenient excuse to have more marketable teams.

1 minute ago, Mpache said:

By this logic, the Paraguayan league is the best in the world. I don't care if they don't win Libertadores or can't beat a European in the CWC. Competitions don't matter, so it's the best league cos I say so. With that I sign off.

fucken hell, you aren't even reading my arguments if that is your summarisation of it. Fuck off brian

Just now, Spike said:

fucken hell, you aren't even reading my arguments if that is your summarisation of it. Fuck off brian

I did read all your arguments. They don't make sense. I agree that cup competitions can be misleading, but if La Liga sides consistently make it far over time, then that tells me it's one of the better leagues in Europe. If you can't measure quality over international competitions, you can't measure quality full stop.

• Administrator
Just now, Mpache said:

If you can't measure quality over international competitions, you can't measure quality full stop.

This isn't true. 

Just now, Stan said:

This isn't true. 

Then how do you measure quality then?

Domestic matches can be VERY misleading. I remember when City looked unstoppable many times in the league and got shown up in Europe. 

Archived