talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Things You Hate To Admit

football forum

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Mpache said:

And yeah, Neymar is more of a Peruvian/Chilean breed than a classic Brazilian. Very technical, superb first touch and can do tricks for days end, but he's not got the same flair as someone like Ronaldinho or Ronaldo Nazario. He's more a buffed Alexis Sanchez I would say.

9 minutes ago, Mpache said:

Neymar is completely different than a player like Ronaldinho which is the first example anyone would think of.

To me he reminds me of Alexis Sanchez if he was a better player, and Alexis was absolutely world class, but not quite as talented as Neymar.

And that's not to say Ronaldinho was not as technical as Neymar, because he was. Besides Maradona I can't think of many as technical as Ronaldinho. But he is a completely different breed of a player.

2 minutes ago, Mpache said:

No one is talking about his level compared to Ronaldinho. His style though. Donald Millan plays like Riquelme, but the 2 couldn't be more further apart with their standards. Both are amongst the most technical players you will see, but Ronaldinho to me is completely different and more classic than Neymar is.

You are doing this. 

3 minutes ago, Mpache said:

Looks like you missed the point again. I know he's a Brazilian player, but nothing like your classic Brazilian winger. And @Devil agrees with me, as he's the one who said it first.

Oh that's okay then. If one person agrees with you that makes everyone else's comments totally redundant. Time to go home people. There's one member that agreed so we must not debate any further. 

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, DeadLinesman said:

Declan Rice is a hard worker that runs distances. I wouldn’t describe him as Paraguayan or Uruguayan. He’s English. I’d never in a million years try to pigeon hole him to another countries style because every country can have flair, determination, hard work, pace etc. Yes there are absolutely styles of team play but genuinely, genuinely Neymar couldn’t be anymore Brazilian if he tried.

I know you wouldn't, but I would, because that's how we roll in South America. We all have a different unique aspect that stands out, and that's mostly due to poorer facilities.

In Europe, you get more complete footballers, though I still think each nation has it's own philosophies. Spain is a tiki-taka nation, but I wouldn't say they produce better passers than the rest. They just produce great footballers, because they are more capable than we are.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

You are doing this. 

You played yourself dude. Standard isn't the same as "style".

I said he's a different player to Ronaldinho, I didn't say he was better or worse. 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Oh that's okay then. If one person agrees with you that makes everyone else's comments totally redundant. Time to go home people. There's one member that agreed so we must not debate any further. 

Or because you choose to attack me and not him, for a very valid comparison I made anyhow.

2 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

No Brian, you just have to stop comparing everything to what you ‘know’ and seemingly force it. When everyone thinks it, it might just be true.......

Again, what am I here for then?

To be blunt, I have other forums I can go on, but I'm on here cos I don't know any better. But you and others get annoyed by something minor...

3 minutes ago, Mpache said:

Looks like you missed the point again. I know he's a Brazilian player, but nothing like your classic Brazilian winger. And @Devil agrees with me, as he's the one who said it first.

No one is talking about his level compared to Ronaldinho. His style though. Donald Millan plays like Riquelme, but the 2 couldn't be more further apart with their standards. Both are amongst the most technical players you will see, but Ronaldinho to me is completely different and more classic than Neymar is.

I stand by what I said. 

Ronaldinho prime example, had every trick in the book but the team comes first. 

Maybe this is what's wrong with Brazil now, their current talisman is selfish player and less of a team player than previous wide players that have lit up world cups. 

He's basically a Upgraded version of Denilson in my eyes. 

Though it must be said I hate Neymar so this can sometimes jade my view as I don't watch him with the pleasure I did previous Brazilian superstars. 

One thing that isn't in question though is his skill level, he's incredible. 

Im surprised in 2021 that people still pigeon hole players to nationalities based on their strengths/weaknesses.

Belgium are ranked the best team in the World based on their Fifa coefficient but you don't think of Kevin DeBruyne as any more Belgium than Leander Dendoncker despite them having completely different roles in the centre of midfield to make the team work.

• Administrator
Just now, Mpache said:

Or because you choose to attack me and not him, for a very valid comparison I made anyhow.

Stop seeing everything as an attack xD

This is you. 

Get in to a debate. 

People agree. People disagree. That's the whole essence of a debate. 

You get all pissy and feel victimised and attacked because everyone didn't agree with you. Such a cop out. It doesn't work any more and it's not a way to get out of the debate just because someone dares to have a different view or perspective. Grow up. 

Cry me a river. 

Just now, Stan said:

Stop seeing everything as an attack xD

This is you. 

Get in to a debate. 

People agree. People disagree. That's the whole essence of a debate. 

You get all pissy and feel victimised and attacked because everyone didn't agree with you. Such a cop out. It doesn't work any more and it's not a way to get out of the debate just because someone dares to have a different view or perspective. Grow up. 

Cry me a river. 

Fine, but I'm noticing a fucking pattern here. Someone who doesn't get into arguments often says something, people just flicker. I say something to agree with him and half the forum wants to put me in my place. Idgaf if I'm victimising myself, that's something you would say in order to manipulate this whole shite on it's head.

Frankly put, I'm SICK of being singled out for completely valid opinions. That's got to change. If you don't agree, then you have serious problems and the problem isn't me then.

1 minute ago, Mpache said:

Again, what am I here for then?

To be blunt, I have other forums I can go on, but I'm on here cos I don't know any better.

You absolutely do no better Brian. You fucking love it. You’re an adult and you know exactly what you’re doing, just like we all do. 

To be blunt, if you have other forums, what the fuck are you doing sat here constantly refreshing the page for when you feel so harassed and victimised? Genuine question. 

Just now, DeadLinesman said:

You absolutely do no better Brian. You fucking love it. You’re an adult and you know exactly what you’re doing, just like we all do. 

To be blunt, if you have other forums, what the fuck are you doing sat here constantly refreshing the page for when you feel so harassed and victimised? Genuine question. 

I wish I had an answer to that. I really do.

This is the only place where I feel harassed and victimized. I'm literally just being myself. I'm actually staff on other forums too. The problem isn't me anymore to be honest, and I've had a few members like Spike and Gunnersaurus sympathize with me over PM or FB because this has just gone far out of control.

6 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Im surprised in 2021 that people still pigeon hole players to nationalities based on their strengths/weaknesses.

Belgium are ranked the best team in the World based on their Fifa coefficient but you don't think of Kevin DeBruyne as any more Belgium than Leander Dendoncker despite them having completely different roles in the centre of midfield to make the team work.

Best post on this particular discussion, imo.

And just for the record, there's a difference between debate and ridiculing.

At times today I did feel like I was debating. However, using memes against my favour or having 5 people play the contrarian card isn't what I call a healthy debate.

Me saying Renato Tapia has been one of the best players in his role in La Liga saw me ridiculed, and literally everyone who has seen him agreed with me. That's not a healthy debate.

9 minutes ago, Mpache said:

I wish I had an answer to that. I really do.

This is the only place where I feel harassed and victimized. I'm literally just being myself. I'm actually staff on other forums too. The problem isn't me anymore to be honest, and I've had a few members like Spike and Gunnersaurus sympathize with me over PM or FB because this has just gone far out of control.

Having 2 people sympathise with you doesn’t mean you’re in the right mate. When you take zero responsibility for anything, then you can’t be helped. We’ve discussed stuff and it’s been fine when we’ve agreed, disagree and it’s a personal vendetta. I just don’t get it. Well actually, I do, but we’ve been here before and no doubt we’ll be here again.

1 minute ago, DeadLinesman said:

Having 2 people sympathise with you doesn’t mean you’re in the right mate. When you take zero responsibility for anything, then you can’t be helped. We’ve discussed stuff and it’s been fine when we’ve agreed,  it disagree and it a personal vendetta. I just don’t get it. Well actually, I do, but we’ve been here before and no doubt we’ll be here again.

Neither does having all the staff agree with each other. 

It's like being around 6 flat earthers trying to convince them the world is round.

I have taken plenty of responsibility. Seriously, do some digging to check how many times I've had to apologize for bad behaviour. 

Again, I am fine with debate like early on this page, but when minor things bother you, like using a simple word, that's not my problem.

Just for the record, the members who have nothing against me, or nothing for me, have a cool head. So yes, if they sympathize with me, then they are probably more correct.

I'm not saying you have a personal vendetta, but I do have a reputation. That is a fact. And there's no escaping it anymore.

5 minutes ago, Mpache said:

Me saying Renato Tapia has been one of the best players in his role in La Liga saw me ridiculed, and literally everyone who has seen him agreed with me. That's not a healthy debate.

To clarify, people did not ridicule you for saying that Renato Tapia has been one of the better defensive midfielders in La Liga. People, including myself, were baffled as to why you included him in a World XI. You later admitted in the same thread that he shouldn't be in a World XI.

Just now, The Palace Fan said:

To clarify, people did not ridicule you for saying that Renato Tapia has been one of the better defensive midfielders in La Liga. People, including myself, were baffled as to why you included him in a World XI. You later admitted in the same thread that he shouldn't be in a World XI.

That clarified a lot, forgetting to completely mention there were certain rules to the thread.

Of course he doesn't belong in a World XI, but with certain rules he can sneak in. Being the joint best DM in la Liga is nothing to snuff at.

6 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

To be fair when you fill out a world XI you are generally picking the eleven players you would pick. 

I did my all time XI and picked Davor Suker, fantastic goalscorer but there were many better than him. 

Archived