talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Things You Hate To Admit

football forum

4 hours ago, Devil said:

Painfully this is totally true. The World cup without a competitive Brazil just doesn't seem the same to me. 

I strongly agree that Brazil is nowhere near as competitive as in past days. I also agree (and have stressed) that the only elite generational talent they have now is Neymar.

What I don't agree with is that Mexico or USA will surpass them. Mexico continue to regress and their home grown talent is becoming tougher and tougher to lure to Europe as Liga MX sides keep up financially, and make negotiations impossible. USA have a TON of potentially future world class talent, but they are still a few decades away from being able to compete with Brazil.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, Mpache said:

I strongly agree that Brazil is nowhere near as competitive as in past days. I also agree (and have stressed) that the only elite generational talent they have now is Neymar.

What I don't agree with is that Mexico or USA will surpass them. Mexico continue to regress and their home grown talent is becoming tougher and tougher to lure to Europe as Liga MX sides keep up financially, and make negotiations impossible. USA have a TON of potentially future world class talent, but they are still a few decades away from being able to compete with Brazil.

Even Neymar isn't a classic Brazilian in my eyes, for me a top class Brazilian was not only skillful but took pride in moving the ball in the famous samba style of old. 

I could Brazil all day long as they worked the ball around the field waiting for the gap to appear and bang they'd strike. 

Neymar is an individual, a selfish player with a greed and self obsession. 

9 minutes ago, Devil said:

Even Neymar isn't a classic Brazilian in my eyes, for me a top class Brazilian was not only skillful but took pride in moving the ball in the famous samba style of old. 

I could Brazil all day long as they worked the ball around the field waiting for the gap to appear and bang they'd strike. 

Neymar is an individual, a selfish player with a greed and self obsession. 

The samba style of old is long gone I'm afraid. That all changed after 1982. Since that loss to Italy, Brazil was never the same.

18 minutes ago, Devil said:

And yeah, Neymar is more of a Peruvian/Chilean breed than a classic Brazilian. Very technical, superb first touch and can do tricks for days end, but he's not got the same flair as someone like Ronaldinho or Ronaldo Nazario. He's more a buffed Alexis Sanchez I would say.

31 minutes ago, Mpache said:

And yeah, Neymar is more of a Peruvian/Chilean breed than a classic Brazilian. Very technical, superb first touch and can do tricks for days end, but he's not got the same flair as someone like Ronaldinho or Ronaldo Nazario. He's more a buffed Alexis Sanchez I would say.

Wait wat.

1 minute ago, DeadLinesman said:

4C550035-00E2-49E4-96B2-FC395B324025.jpeg

Oh I’m sorry, I’ll just lie to you then.

Neymar is a very Paraguayan/Uruguayan breed of a player. He has great jumping reach and works really hard. He has a fantastic winning attitude and can head the ball very well.

Is that what you wanted to hear?

Just now, DeadLinesman said:

No. He’s fucking Brazilian. End of subject.

But he’s not a Brazilian-like player, which is the discussion that was ongoing.

When i think Brazil, i think of samba style players like Ronaldinho or Garrincha, not technical masters like Neymar. 

He's not your traditional Brazilian talent. 

Neymar is the epitome of Brazilian football. Flicks, tricks, flair etc. Anybody else tell me I’m wrong? I literally think of no other countries when I think of how Neymar plays.

Agreed. 

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Mpache said:

But he’s not a Brazilian-like player, which is the discussion that was ongoing.

When i think Brazil, i think of samba style players like Ronaldinho or Garrincha, not technical masters like Neymar. 

He's not your traditional Brazilian talent. 

Neymar is the epitome of Brazilian football. Flicks, tricks, flair etc. Anybody else tell me I’m wrong? I literally think of no other countries when I think of how Neymar plays.

I think if he was called Neymarinho I think he'd be more Brazilian. 

I think we need to calm down though. All this talk of Brazilians might get @MUFC very excited... 

Neymar is completely different than a player like Ronaldinho which is the first example anyone would think of.

To me he reminds me of Alexis Sanchez if he was a better player, and Alexis was absolutely world class, but not quite as talented as Neymar.

And that's not to say Ronaldinho was not as technical as Neymar, because he was. Besides Maradona I can't think of many as technical as Ronaldinho. But he is a completely different breed of a player.

4 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

I literally think of no other countries when I think of how Neymar plays.

And this bit is very European. I don't know how your youth develops over there, but in South America we don't have facilities that are as good as yours and every country has developed players to suit their playing styles since the dawn of time.

Paraguay and Uruguay are hard workers, and produce players that will run distances but also be able to suit their limitations.

Peru and Chile are technical, but not very good physically.

Brazil WAS a samba-style but now have become more defensive.

Colombia and Ecuador look for fast and strong talent from anywhere and look to counter.

It's always been the same over here.

1 minute ago, Mpache said:

Neymar is completely different than a player like Ronaldinho which is the first example anyone would think of.

To me he reminds me of Alexis Sanchez if he was a better player, and Alexis was absolutely world class, but not quite as talented as Neymar.

And that's not to say Ronaldinho was not as technical as Neymar, because he was. Besides Maradona I can't think of many as technical as Ronaldinho. But he is a completely different breed of a player.

And none of that makes him less Brazilian. And certainly not Peruvian or Chilean.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Mpache said:

And this bit is very European. I don't know how your youth develops over there, but in South America we don't have facilities that are as good as yours and every country has developed players to suit their playing styles since the dawn of time.

Paraguay and Uruguay are hard workers, and produce players that will run distances but also be able to suit their limitations.

Peru and Chile are technical, but not very good physically.

Brazil WAS a samba-style but now have become more defensive.

Colombia and Ecuador look for fast and strong talent from anywhere and look to counter.

It's always been the same over here.

You've actually used the European jibe again xD

It's got nothing to do with youth development. 

Neymar is a Brazilian-style player. Literally nothing more to it. Whether he was as good as Ronaldinho is academic. Neymar is as samba and flair as you can get these days. One of the most technically-gifted players around. 

And none of that makes him less Brazilian. And certainly not Peruvian or Chilean.

No, I disagree.

Firstly, I never said he was less or more Brazilian. He suits more the modern philosophy that people are still associating the new Brazil with, and his style very much reminds of Alexis, who was an extremely Chilean footballer in the way he was developed from youth.

What I said is he's far from a classic Brazilian, and he reminds me of what develop over out west. Brazil's new footballing philosophy has only been around for 30 years. So it's easy to assume they've still got a samba style going for them.

Just now, Stan said:

You've actually used the European jibe again xD

It's got nothing to do with youth development. 

Neymar is a Brazilian-style player. Literally nothing more to it. Whether he was as good as Ronaldinho is academic. Neymar is as samba and flair as you can get these days. One of the most technically-gifted players around. 

Looks like you missed the point again. I know he's a Brazilian player, but nothing like your classic Brazilian winger. And @Devil agrees with me, as he's the one who said it first.

No one is talking about his level compared to Ronaldinho. His style though. Donald Millan plays like Riquelme, but the 2 couldn't be more further apart with their standards. Both are amongst the most technical players you will see, but Ronaldinho to me is completely different and more classic than Neymar is.

3 minutes ago, Mpache said:

Declan Rice is a hard worker that runs distances. I wouldn’t describe him as Paraguayan or Uruguayan. He’s English. I’d never in a million years try to pigeon hole him to another countries style because every country can have flair, determination, hard work, pace etc. Yes there are absolutely styles of team play but genuinely, genuinely Neymar couldn’t be anymore Brazilian if he tried.

The sad thing is, I have to lie now in order to avoid mentioning Peru at all. That's the point we've gotten to. If I can't compare things to what I know about, then what am I here for?

Mentioning the word isn't turning the thread on it's head, christs sake.

Archived