• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Things You Hate To Admit

football forum

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Mpache said:

But he’s not a Brazilian-like player, which is the discussion that was ongoing.

When i think Brazil, i think of samba style players like Ronaldinho or Garrincha, not technical masters like Neymar. 

He's not your traditional Brazilian talent. 

I strongly disagree. Neymar is the epitome of a brazilian footballer.

In his qualities and flaws, he is 100% brazilian.  

Yes, Brazil is in South America but it´s totally isolated from its neighbor countries due to linguistic, cultural and historical differences. The influence of Spanish America in Portuguese America has always been very small and this is also the case in football. 

Am I the only one who can't get over the fact Ronaldinho was basically just called "not a technical master?" And everyone stuck on the "well Neymar's not Peruvian" part of that argument?

No shit, Neymar's not Peruvian - he's Brazilian xD... I'm not having that Ronaldinho wasn't technically brilliant. The guy was as technically brilliant as they come.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Am I the only one who can't get over the fact Ronaldinho was basically just called "not a technical master?" And everyone stuck on the "well Neymar's not Peruvian" part of that argument?

No shit, Neymar's not Peruvian - he's Brazilian xD... I'm not having that Ronaldinho wasn't technically brilliant. The guy was as technically brilliant as they come.

I believe Brian is 23? So he would have been about 9 when Ronaldinho was in his prime. Not making excuses for him but it's a bit like when Teso said Zidane was a poor player. The only people who could possibly hold such opinions are those that were too young to properly see him play.

5 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I believe Brian is 23? So he would have been about 9 when Ronaldinho was in his prime. Not making excuses for him but it's a bit like when Teso said Zidane was a poor player. The only people who could possibly hold such opinions are those that were too young to properly see him play.

Oh god, I remember when Teso said Zidane was a poor player, with such absolute certainty in what he said. Thought it was absolutely mental. And tbh, I still think it's absolutely mental. Zidane's last hurrah was elevating a France team led by a man who consulted fortune tellers to determine how he'd set up his side to another World Cup final & was arguably the player of the tournament.

We need to stop talking about him. He'll read all this and cream himself because in his delusional mind he thinks he's some kind of big deal. Or his victim mentality kicks in again. One of those. 

20 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

No one said Ronaldinho wasn’t technically brilliant? Brian even said several times he was technically one of the best?

4 minutes ago, Toinho said:

No one said Ronaldinho wasn’t technically brilliant? Brian even said several times he was technically one of the best?

He said Ronaldinho wasn’t a technical master like Neymar. Ronaldinho was definitely a technical master.

I just thought it was a weird distinction to make on to try to underscore his already weird position on Neymar.

57 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

That's fucking naïve. 

Thank christ for the break though. He's like the most easily wound up prick in the world with no self awareness. 

What I don't get is that he gets mad when and claims that people don't understand his statements, then proceeds to not get someone's else point and then gets mad about that. I just don't get why he can't fathom people thinking differently, it is very fatalistic and black-white, not much room for nuance and pliability.

I have spoken to him on subjects that he doesn't get psychotic about and he is quite the nice fellow but sometimes it feels like ice skating on thin ice.

On 05/04/2021 at 23:04, El Profesor said:

I agree. But this makes national leagues at times really predictable. 

IMO the playoffs format of american leagues is way more exciting than the national leagues format of european football.  :ph34r:

I agree they're more exciting but imagine you lose the league when you finished the "regular" season in first place pretty comfortably. Let's say top 4 qualify to a play-off... West Ham could win the premier league if it ended today. A bit shit for Man City who have been by far the better team.

6 minutes ago, Machado said:

I agree they're more exciting but imagine you lose the league when you finished the "regular" season in first place pretty comfortably. Let's say top 4 qualify to a play-off... West Ham could win the premier league if it ended today. A bit shit for Man City who have been by far the better team.

Yes, it´s not the fairest competition format, in the sense it doesn´t always award the best team, but this is exactly what makes it more exciting. It´s more unpredictable. Also, it gives teams with lower revenues a better chance to win a title. 

Culturally, I think most european fans wouldn´t take the change well, the league format is traditional but I think that the american format is more exciting and more democratic. 

4 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

Yes, it´s not the fairest competition format, in the sense it doesn´t always award the best team, but this is exactly what makes it more exciting. It´s more unpredictable. Also, it gives teams with lower revenues a better chance to win a title. 

Culturally, I think most european fans wouldn´t take the change well, the league format is traditional but I think that the american format is more exciting and more democratic. 

It's cultural yea. Personally I wouldn't mind the change.

For Futsal in Portugal, they make it a best of 5 between the two highest placed teams in the league. First placed plays the first two games at home so they have a bit of an advantage to make it fair.

1 hour ago, Machado said:

We have that format. Makes for a cracking event at the end of the season and some epic playoff games but... it doesn’t fit right with me. 

Archived