talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Everton 1-1 Crystal Palace - Monday 5th April, 2021

football forum

I'm hoping Palace can commit some sort of robbery like they did against Brighton here (although that's a derby... even though Brighton's not London) and this is just me hating Everton...

... but seeing all of those really good chances for Everton make me think it's unlikely Palace can keep riding their luck here. Hopefully we see them look better in the second half.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, The Palace Fan said:

Nice to see a response to the goal with chances from Eze and Zaha.

Always a bit annoying when it takes a goal conceded to wake the team up... but it's 100% the best response to looking a bit poor and getting conceded on. Nice to see Olsen suddenly get busier.

There was a 5-10 minute period where Palace just had possession in Everton’s half and we’re trying to thread passes through the defence and Everton done nothing about it. Just sat back and tried to block, well deserved for Palace

27 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Guaita has been Palace MOTM by some distance.

Brilliant save again there.

It's bizarre how Palace has ended up being the side I've watched the most this season other than Liverpool (I literally somehow always catch Palace matches when they're broadcasted here) - but seeing them wake the fuck up after getting scored on here is nice as I've definitely developed a soft spot for them this season.

8 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Brilliant save again there.

It's bizarre how Palace has ended up being the side I've watched the most this season other than Liverpool (I literally somehow always catch Palace matches when they're broadcasted here) - but seeing them wake the fuck up after getting scored on here is nice as I've definitely developed a soft spot for them this season.

Yeah, I'd like a team that conceded seven against mine too.

• Subscriber

That was painful, just like the majority of our games since about the first international break in October. Should have been at least 2 or 3 up by the time Palace decided they were arsed. They've come here, offered almost nothing, and come away with a point, and they deserve it, which says all you need to know about our performance.

Richarlison and Calvert-Lewin haven't been at fault for missing loads of chances in games we've failed to win many times this season. I don't know what they were both playing at tonight.

We're absolutely ridiculous. 1 win in 8 at home. If we'd won just 4 in 8 instead we'd be sat 4th with a game in hand. An absolute huge opportunity missed this season but in reality we're nowhere near good enough to be in the Champions League or even Europe.

3 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Yeah, I'd like a team that conceded seven against mine too.

I would trade that result for not having our season completely implode after that xD

But yeah, that was nice of you lot - I appreciated it at the time.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

Surely you being worried about us at this point is taking paranoid to a whole new level? xD

After last season, until it's mathematically done it's fair that I feel this. 

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Stan said:

After last season, until it's mathematically done it's fair that I feel this. 

Chelsea/Liverpool/Spurs fair enough, and West Ham, but surely not us. And if so, then surely no longer after today.

• The title was changed to Everton 1-1 Crystal Palace - Monday 5th April, 2021
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived