talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Valencia Walk Off Following Racial Abuse to Mouctar Diakhaby

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Interesting.... Juan Cala was very careful to cover his mouth when speaking to the coach there

Yeah I thought that too, looked very nervous as the Valencia players were walking off too. Assume he may have said something off the cuff (not acceptable of course) and then realised the gravity of his words once the players started to leave.

Well done to Valencia, more teams should do this.

7 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Yeah I thought that too, looked very nervous as the Valencia players were walking off too. Assume he may have said something off the cuff (not acceptable of course) and then realised the gravity of his words once the players started to leave.

Well done to Valencia, more teams should do this.

Yea, I think he was making sure nobody could lip read him at a later date... 

• Administrator

Forfeit the game is a harsh punishment for not wanting to continue the game just because the referee didn't hear it!

Power to Diakhaby. I know there was the incident in the CL game involving PSG last season but I'm surprised it's taken this long for a team to walk off in support of their teammates in a big league. Not that it makes what happens in a smaller league any less serious, but with a game in a bigger league it's going to get more publicity.

If Juan Cala has said anything untoward and racist, I hope he gets the sufficient punishment. 

I'm going to blow this wide open with a shithouse hot take. This is not a wind up, the grand arbiter speaks thusly

Racism is gross, but it's getting to a point with the walk offs and the post match afters where such a huge deal is being made, and players are getting so wound up, that were I a scumbag defender in a huge match situation, I would absolutely consider pulling my man in close when marking, and whispering the most vile shit I can into his ear ( WC 2006 style) to get as big a reaction as I can. 

Archived