talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Real Madrid 3-1 Liverpool - Tuesday 6th April, 2021 (1st Leg)

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Varane out of both ties (and El Clasico at the weekend).

In addition to Ramos and Dani Carvajal being out, you'd expect Liverpool to progress here...

Liverpool should overcome Real Madrid. Real Madrid did well knocking out Atalanta relatively convincingly in the last round, but I think that Liverpool should be too strong for them. Liverpool have picked up form recently defeating RB Leipzig, Wolves and Arsenal in their last 3 matches and I think that they will get the better of Real Madrid over 2 legs. Salah, Mane, Jota and Firmino are bound to give the Real Madrid defence plenty of headaches.

• Subscriber

This first game needs to be where we make the mark to give us something to fall back on in the second leg. Everything is working for us here but that's never a gauge of how these games end up. 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Varane out of both ties (and El Clasico at the weekend).

In addition to Ramos and Dani Carvajal being out, you'd expect Liverpool to progress here...

Doesn’t that basically put them in the same position as us?

More a leveling of the playing field than anything imo

3 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Doesn’t that basically put them in the same position as us?

More a leveling of the playing field than anything imo

Exactly this. Are people forgetting who’s playing centre half for us at the moment?

After all these years, that Madrid midfield of Casemiro, Kroos and Modric is still great. 

Also, I´m very pleased to see Vinícius playing well and with confidence. 

Liverpool fans, why didn´t Thiago start this one? His partnership with Fabinho has been really impressive recently.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

After all these years, that Madrid midfield of Casemiro, Kroos and Modric is still great. 

Also, I´m very pleased to see Vinícius playing well and with confidence. 

Liverpool fans, why didn´t Thiago start this one? His partnership with Fabinho has been really impressive recently.

McManaman was of the impression Thiago didn't start because Klopp wanted a dribbler and ball carrier in the midfield. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived