talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Real Madrid 3-1 Liverpool - Tuesday 6th April, 2021 (1st Leg)

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I think Madrid are through here honestly. They'll come to Anfield and with the way we've been defending they'll get a goal atleast.

Is it being played in Anfield? I thought it wasn't tbh.

5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Is it being played in Anfield? I thought it wasn't tbh.

I wasn’t sure either, but the commentary kept going on about Anfield so I think it is. Then again, the commentator is a thick twat so maybe not. 

Less said about Liverpool there the better, other than I think they are extremely fortunate to be getting a 2nd bite of the cherry.

Fans or no fans, after Barcelona, I'd never write them off but I think you have to assume Madrid score once at Anfield.

Credit where it's due, Real were miles better than I anticipated tonight. The front three of Vinicius, Asensio and Benzema would have been a nightmare for anyone to deal with.

He didn't score but I thought Benzema's movement and link up play was brilliant today. He helped create so much space for Vinicius and Asensio. Classy player, still got it.

Interesting to see if the British Media will focus purely on Trent's display in the next few days. I hope not. He did get crucified in that first half but he came back well in the 2nd and there were plenty others on the pitch doing no better.

59 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Interesting to see if the British Media will focus purely on Trent's display in the next few days. I hope not. He did get crucified in that first half but he came back well in the 2nd and there were plenty others on the pitch doing no better.

I'm sure they will, even though he did have a few decent moments defensively... which is more than our other defenders can say tbh.

Thought Phillips was exposed pretty badly in the second half of definitely not being a champions league caliber CB.

I'm not surprised though, we've been pretty shit since December and I'm surprised that Leipzig didn't put us out and we're still in it.

I think we're certainly out of the CL now. Without fans, Anfield is more of a curse than a blessing and I've really seen nothing this season to indicate that we're anywhere near capable of turning around a bad result in the second leg in Europe.

4 hours ago, El Profesor said:

Definitely, yes. There were defenders in front of him, which limits his reaction time, but a top goalkeeper has to make that save. 

Anyway, really happy for Vini. He badly needed a big performance like this. He´s still only 20, the sky is the limit if he improves his finishing. 

Funnily enough Vinicius scored the same amount of goals tonight as he has all season in the league. But as you say, at 20 it's still an aspect of his game that can be improved on.

20 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Funnily enough Vinicius scored the same amount of goals tonight as he has all season in the league. But as you say, at 20 it's still an aspect of his game that can be improved on.

Yes. His finishing and decision-making still leave a lot to be desired, but at the same time he generates a lot of offense. 

In fairness to Vinicius and Real, he wasn´t supposed to be a starter at this point. Hazard was the one who should be deciding those kind of matches. Vinicius is still far from a fisnished product but I´m confident in his improvements over the last few months. I think he belongs at Real. They shouldn´t offload him, 

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think we're certainly out of the CL now. Without fans, Anfield is more of a curse than a blessing and I've really seen nothing this season to indicate that we're anywhere near capable of turning around a bad result in the second leg in Europe.

I went to bed thinking like you and then I thought to myself that if we hadn't scored that away goal we'd definitely have a massive hole to dig ourselves out of. I think its still doable in the return leg but which team shows up on that day is where the concern lies. If we play anything like we did in the first half they'll run us ragged and the game will be over before the half-time whistle. If we do what we did for that short period at the start of the second half then we have a chance. I really dont want them to progress here. 

If Liverpool had fans in the stadium I think I'd give them a chance of turning it around but given it's an empty Anfield I just don't see one of those famous Anfield comebacks happening. 

You have a life line with that goal and Madrid will have wanted the fourth to seal the deal but stopping Madrid scoring with that defence is going to be difficult. 

32 minutes ago, Stan said:

Liverpool had fans last season against Atletico when they had to overcome a 1-goal lead and still lost the tie :what:

Obviously nothing is a certainty but given Liverpool have a pretty rich history of turning ties around at Anfield it would have helped to have had the fans in the stadium. 

The Kop can be like an extra man at times and not only lift the players on the field but also put pressure on the opposition. Currently it doesn't really matter if the ties at home or away, it's just a football field and officials. 

41 minutes ago, Stan said:

Liverpool had fans last season against Atletico when they had to overcome a 1-goal lead and still lost the tie :what:

Liverpool were excellent that night and the keeper fucked it in extra time

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Devil said:

Obviously nothing is a certainty but given Liverpool have a pretty rich history of turning ties around at Anfield it would have helped to have had the fans in the stadium. 

The Kop can be like an extra man at times and not only lift the players on the field but also put pressure on the opposition. Currently it doesn't really matter if the ties at home or away, it's just a football field and officials. 

Just now, LFCMike said:

Liverpool were excellent that night and the keeper fucked it in extra time

Lads, I know. Was just stating the fact Liverpool lost with fans last season when it was probably expected they would overcome Atletico's 1-0 lead, and that fans at home doesn't 100% guarantee a win for Liverpool would have been/will be the outcome. 

11 minutes ago, Stan said:

Lads, I know. Was just stating the fact Liverpool lost with fans last season when it was probably expected they would overcome Atletico's 1-0 lead, and that fans at home doesn't 100% guarantee a win for Liverpool would have been/will be the outcome. 

Of course it doesn't and no one has claimed it does xD Does make a big difference to the chances of overcoming any sort of deficit in Europe though

39 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

xD

Nothing against Liverpool lads on here but he's an absolute idiot with one of the most annoying voices known to man. That voice goes right through me xD

I still remember him banging on about Sadio Mane being the best player in the world and that he must be right because he doesn't do "if's but's and maybe's, only absolute's".

Not so gobby now.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Lucas said:

Nothing against Liverpool lads on here but he's an absolute idiot with one of the most annoying voices known to man. That voice goes right through me xD

I still remember him banging on about Sadio Mane being the best player in the world and that he must be right because he doesn't do "if's but's and maybe's, only absolute's".

Not so gobby now.

The lad's one of the biggest gobshites I've ever seen. It's like if the RAWK Facebook comments section took sentient form. Up there with that Leicester fan who used to film himself reacting to matches when he was in the stadium and "winding up" opposition fans. Seen a couple of Wolves fans who used to do it as well pop up on social media recently. Anyone who films themselves reacting live to football matches, especially on their own, are absolute wronguns as far as I'm concerned but this lad is particularly excruciating. Gone viral on Everton Twitter a few times since his debut of "MUM HENDO'S SCORED MUM" in the last minute of the Goodison derby before it got disallowed and his head fell off.

3 hours ago, Tommy said:

Wijnaldum's controller disconnected. xD

He’s been awful for a while, genuinely think there’s a good shout that he should be our last choice CM now that he looks like he’s out of fucks to give.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived