talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Real Madrid 3-1 Liverpool - Tuesday 6th April, 2021 (1st Leg)

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Stan said:

McManaman was of the impression Thiago didn't start because Klopp wanted a dribbler and ball carrier in the midfield. 

Interesting. This seems a bad decision by Klopp, I´d rather have Thiago´s ability to keep the ball possession against a team that has Kroos, Modric and Casemiro.

Beautiful goal from Madrid. That Kross pass was insane.

Really happy for Vini. The kid has been mocked and criticized for his inability to finish but he generates a lot of offense and I believe he will eventually improve his finishing and decision-making with time.  

In hindsight, playing Keita was a mistake. Klopp has subbed him just before half time. Kabak very nearly handed them it on a plate. 

This first half has been nothing short of a disaster. I would be very tempted to put Davies on for Kabak second half. He is a lot more experienced. 

• Subscriber

Well if ever this team needs a kick up its backside its now. the passing has been slow and we've handed them the ball, forget about how they are literally trying to bypass the defense with long balls which are working.

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Could try Fabinho as a CB. 

Nah I hope we never do that again with our current crop of healthy midfielders. He, Henderson and Jones are imo the only CMs we have that can hold their heads high about their performances this season. Maybe Milner too.

Everyone else has been pretty poor on the totality of the matches so far. I think it’s definitely something for Klopp to address.

I think we should cut our losses with Keita at the end of the season tbh. He and the Ox I just don’t think can ever really contribute in any meaningful way always in and out of the team with injury and then coming back into the side and needing time to get back into form.

I think brining in some midfielders to replace some of our more injury prone players and Gini, who will be a big miss even though he’s been dogshit for over a month now...

2 minutes ago, Rick said:

In hindsight, playing Keita was a mistake. Klopp has subbed him just before half time. Kabak very nearly handed them it on a plate. 

This first half has been nothing short of a disaster. I would be very tempted to put Davies on for Kabak second half. He is a lot more experienced. 

A lot more experienced in what? He's not played a minute of top level football

3 minutes ago, Rick said:

I think Davies against Madrid might be more suicidal than anything

3 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

A lot more experienced in what? He's not played a minute of top level football

Played 136 games for Preston. Kabak has played 40 times for a dogshit Schalke. We aren’t talking chalk & cheese here. 

Christ, it’s really just me who thinks he could be a decent option for us 😂 fair enough 

Just now, Rick said:

Played 136 games for Preston. Kabak has played 40 times for a dogshit Schalke. We aren’t talking chalk & Cheese here. 

How often does Preston have to face anyone that's anywhere near as good as Real Madrid?

Schalke at least face Dortmund and Bayern Munich twice a season.

Neither are really ideal for this sort of opposition - although if we had a bit of presence in midfield I don't think we'd be putting these inexperienced defenders under so much pressure.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived