talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Europa League 2020/21 - Quarter-Finals (1st Legs) - Thursday 8th April, 2021

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we do loose the second leg arteta really needs to go. I dont think there would be many arsenal fans who want him to stay. I could tolerate a bad season if I thought there was signs of progression but there arent any 

Ajax can´t really catch a break in decisive european games recently. 

In a sequence of 4 minutes, Tadic missed a penalty that would have put them in front 2-0 and then their goalkeeper made a huge mistake to concede Roma´s 1st goal. In the end, Ajax lost 2-1.

We will be desperate to add silverwear but I have a feeling this team will get beat off Ajax or Roma. 

We won tonight but we are creating very little and our key players look run into the ground. 

We need a few fresh legs, Donny and Mata should really be used towards the end of this season. Thats assuming Mata is back in around the squad after his mother's death. 

Ajax looked completely toothless tonight, taking an abomination of a decision by Mancini for them to score. Makes their blunder not to include Haller look even worse (although Jermaine Jenas, on commentary, thought he was a Roma player... And it was evident throughout the entire night Jenas didn't have a clue about either team. An embarrassment for BT Sport).

With Roma's defensive fragility, it's far too early to think the tie might be over, but a very good result for them tonight and should make it through to the semi finals.

24 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

Ajax looked completely toothless tonight, taking an abomination of a decision by Mancini for them to score. Makes their blunder not to include Haller look even worse (although Jermaine Jenas, on commentary, thought he was a Roma player... And it was evident throughout the entire night Jenas didn't have a clue about either team. An embarrassment for BT Sport).

With Roma's defensive fragility, it's far too early to think the tie might be over, but a very good result for them tonight and should make it through to the semi finals.

They still have Brobbey and Toare but Roma also looked poor in attack apart from a mistake and a defender score.  Ajax wouldve won the game if they put in the penalty but it just summed up their night.    Still confident they can win in Italy.

• Subscriber
On 19/03/2021 at 06:07, Dan said:

Genuinely reckon if you draw them I'm putting some money on them. They're a decent side. I'm glad they won earlier - makes it look a bit better for us xD

Didn't do it like a total twat.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived