The better place to talk football.

Derby County Never Ending Administration Thread Has Now Ended

football forum

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Now then, now then, now then...

Will await to see if the EFL comment first as opposed to the Daily Mail but, if true, this makes very interesting reading.

No chance they'll relegate them this season. If anything they'll get a points deduction next season. EFL wouldn't want the lawsuit.

12 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

No chance they'll relegate them this season. If anything they'll get a points deduction next season. EFL wouldn't want the lawsuit.

I'm inclined to agree, given the team to profit would be 'little Wycombe' as well, not the biggest voice in the league and one the EFL can fend off.

The EFL will be keen to stamp their authority though in one way or else they wouldn't have gone to the trouble of contesting it.

Perhaps this is also what's held up the takeover.

• Administrator
31 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

8 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I'm inclined to agree, given the team to profit would be 'little Wycombe' as well, not the biggest voice in the league and one the EFL can fend off.

The EFL will be keen to stamp their authority though in one way or else they wouldn't have gone to the trouble of contesting it.

Perhaps this is also what's held up the takeover.

I agree with @The Palace Fan. Sheff Weds avoided relegation last season by having their points deduction applied for this season. Guess Derby would go the same route.

• Administrator
52 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

This guy is a running joke. Think the one good thing Sheffield Wednesday have done is distance themselves from him.

Didn't think Derby could become more of a laughing stock but he's achieved that, at least.  

2 hours ago, Stan said:

Had no idea they've had to pay out Keogh too... 

That's not surprising for Keogh (just saw articles online about it). Don't think he did anything particularly wrong from what I remember but was sacked, while Mason Bennett and Tom Lawrence were arrested for suspicion of drink driving but were only fined six weeks wages. 

Starting to hate Marlon Pack for scoring that goal more and more now. ¬¬

• 4 months later...

Championship side Derby County are set to go into administration amid their continued financial problems.

The club, which is up for sale, said despite negotiations with a number of "credible parties", identifying a buyer was unlikely in the short term.

The English Football League confirmed they would face a 12-point deduction.

In a statement the Rams said Covid-19 had a "severe impact" on revenues and they "had no choice" but to appoint administrators to protect the club.

It claims the pandemic has cost them around £20m in lost revenue and left them "unable to service its day-to-day financial obligations".

"We cannot stress enough how devastating it is to be forced into this position," the board's statement said.

Their accounts for 2016, 2017 and 2018 are already being re-examined after they were found to have broken accounting rules and they could face more points deductions for that.

Derby County: Championship club file notice to appoint administrators - BBC Sport

Seen a lot of this 'feeling sorry' for Derby and that they are heavily blaming COVID for getting into that situation and yet, no mention of the MASSIVE overspending Mel Morris has done at the club trying to get them up.

They have bent the rules and pleaded innocence for a while now. Steve Gibson, Middlesbrough chairman even came out publically a couple years ago and said what they were getting away with shouldn't be allowed.

I partly blame the shambles that is the EFL for enabling that to happen but Mel Morris has to take a long hard look at himself.

They got unbelievably jammy last season to avoid punishment that relegated them, but it's finally caught up with them. They dug their grave and they should rightfully sit in it.

As for the fans, they are the innocent party in it as always and whilst I do feel sorry for them, I also remember those that relished things when we were relegated to League One, put into admin and had minus 15 given to us so all in all, fuck 'em.

• Subscriber

20 hours ago, Lucas said:

Seen a lot of this 'feeling sorry' for Derby 

*goes on a rant*

I do feel sorry for them, 

Thierry Henry Smile GIF by hamlet

I think when people say they feel sorry for them, I'm pretty certain it's aimed at the fans and not the the board and owners ;) .

Do people think Rooney will stay? I do, he's nothing to lose really. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

With all that's happened since the end of last year I must say I am impressed with how Wayne Rooney has adapted.

It's a bit of a win-win for him now. If they go down its: "The challenge was impossible" whilst it they stay up he's going to be some sort of Martyr to those fans.

Exactly my thoughts and why I think he will stay. 

• Subscriber

Derby County officially enter administration and are deducted 12 points

Derby County have entered administration and been deducted 12 points by the English Football League.

The Championship club announced their intention to call in administrators on Friday, with owner Mel Morris saying the coronavirus pandemic had cost them about £20m in lost revenue.

Morris has spent the past two days talking to players and staff, whose jobs are now uncertain.

Wayne Rooney's Rams drop to the foot of the table, on minus two points.

Andrew Hosking, Carl Jackson and Andrew Andronikou, managing directors at business advisory firm Quantuma, have been appointed joint administrators.

"We are in the early stages of assessing the options available to the club and would invite any interested parties to come forward," said Hosking.

"Our immediate objectives are to ensure the club completes all its fixtures in the Championship this season and finding interested parties to safeguard the club and its employees."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58649432

• The title was changed to Derby County Enter Administration
  • The title was changed to Derby County Never Ending Administration Thread Has Now Ended

Archived