Derby County Never Ending Administration Thread Has Now Ended

football forum

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Well, it's the Sun this time ...

Evans and Moxey 'interest'

New reports in The Sun over the weekend have claimed that Marcus Evans, the former Ipswich Town owner, has registered a 'firm' interest.

Evans has a net worth of around £786m according to the 2021 edition of The Sunday Times Rich List.

Jez Moxey, chief executive of Burton Albion, has also been credited with an interest in the club.

Mike Ashley and Carlisle Capital, an American business, are all being name-checked as potential options.

Administrators' comments on takeover

The club's administrators spoke to Quantuma on Friday through RamsTrust and here is their latest round-up: "Carl Jackson and Andrew Hosking confirmed that there are a considerable number of interested parties and they are still comfortable and confident a successful deal will be achieved to save the club.

"They are in constant dialogue with the EFL and remain optimistic that an agreement can be reached in the coming weeks to allow them to sell the club without ongoing uncertainty over league penalties."

The BBC reported on Saturday that four parties had signed non-disclosure agreements with the club, signalling 'serious intent'.

A further three are waiting to be signed, it is claimed.

Debts and who needs paying

MSD Holdings' accounts revealed that Derby owed the club £15m earlier this week but that was only up to the end of December.

HMRC is also due around £28m according to reports.

The Sun claims that a deal would cost any potential suitors around £25m to begin with.

Whoever takes over would need to have deep pockets.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derby-county-takeover-ashley-evans-6038107

All you have to do is look at the backgrounds of both characters to know that neither are conversation starters.

Marcus Evans - a man who was burnt at overspending at Ipswich between 2009 to 2013. Wanted to club to break even and only spend within its means from there on in.

Mike Ashley - a man who was burnt at overspending at Newcastle under Sam Allardyce.  Wanted the club to only spend the money it generated from there on in.

They're not going to invest in a club with a debt of over £100,000,000 that's more than likely going to need to rebuild like Portsmouth have been doing for the previous eight years.

The more I read about the plight of Derby County the more I'm surprised that the fans have not directed anger at Mel Morris. He essentially gambled on promotions despite repeated warnings it wasn't sustainable and instead of wiping the debt he caused (which he can afford) he placed the club he supposedly supported in to administration after several attempts to sell to dodgy characters.

• 1 month later...

Another minus 9 for Derby then. 21pts deducted now in total.

Takes them to -3 for the season, 18pts off of safety.

Mel Morris has literally gone from hero to villain in an instant.

They seemed to deal with the minus 12 ok but I'm not sure they'll quite manage to overturn this one around as well. They seem to get too many draws.

2 hours ago, Stan said:

Just waiting for @The Palace Fan to blame Nigel Pearson for their downfall :ph34r:

Whilst it's seemingly incredible how poorly Nigel Pearson did with that group of players in contrast to other managers it would be somewhat disingenuous of me to blame this situation on anybody other than the man who made several poor decisions such as hiring Nigel Pearson in Mel Morris.

4 hours ago, Coma said:

Derby fans on Twitter have been obnoxious af for the past couple years.  Wonder how they'll get on now.  

Edited to say fuck Derby.  They've had it coming for awhile.

Same for me really. They've been finally caught out after taking the piss for the past couple of years.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Its taken 26 games but Derby are off the bottom of the league. 8pts from safety.

I'm not sure what that says about Barnsley exactly but fair play, they are fighting hard.

Rivalries aside, got to hand it to them if they somehow scrape out the toilet bowl.

11 hours ago, Lucas said:

Its taken 26 games but Derby are off the bottom of the league. 8pts from safety.

I'm not sure what that says about Barnsley exactly but fair play, they are fighting hard.

Rivalries aside, got to hand it to them if they somehow scrape out the toilet bowl.

I honestly think they'll finish above us, which shows how piss poor we've become.

• Subscriber
21 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I honestly think they'll finish above us, which shows how piss poor we've become.

Dreading the thought that the Roo rescues them from relegation then he is the bee's knee's for the media mob and then them saying of him being the next United manager...gulp...:eek:

• The title was changed to Derby County Never Ending Administration Thread Has Now Ended

Archived