talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FIFA Rankings

football forum

A thread to update all the most recent moves in the rankings.

There has been a change today actually.

0dd7be2ffdccb93962279bfcd5798a88.png

5a6bd885b5c11298476bd31af30e92fa.png

We're in 15th. We moved up 2 spots and while no one including myself agrees with these things because realistically it doesn't matter, I couldn't be happier and I can't think to myself that its not justified given we've only lost 3 games in the last 12. Do we deserve higher? If we keep winning, then probably yes. However I won't go as far as to think we are one of the 10 best teams in the world even if we move up to the top 10. That would be silly because the chances of us qualifying for the world cup are still very slim and while I expect us to fight that spot, I think we'll finish 6th.

I find it hilarious that England and Wales share a spot haha.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Stan said:

i find it hilarious this is still a thing

Its actually important for the Europeans as that's how they determine seedings. For us South Americans though we really only use it to get friendlies against better teams. 

Despite that, we still got a friendly against fucking Jamaica xD

The rankings are what they are and they're important for many reasons concerning qualification groups you may get and if you eventually qualify for a major international tournament, the type of group you may receive.

In saying that, it's obviously not a true reflection of a country's worth on the international stage as can be seen within the ranking.

14 minutes ago, Eco said:

'Merica > Brazil

Dempsey > Neymar

Rankings are a joke.

I'm personally offended that we aren't number 1. How is Portugal 8? This just... why is this still a thing? It means nothing....

• 1 month later...

Peru will move up to 14th according to Misterchip, so one spot even though currently its joint 13th and then 15.

I look forward to the outburst when we move ahead of England in September.

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Peru will move up to 14th according to Misterchip, so one spot even though currently its joint 13th and then 15.

I look forward to the outburst when we move ahead of England in September.

really don't think anyone gives a fuck tbh

1 minute ago, Stan said:

really don't think anyone gives a fuck tbh

Trust me, people will care when it happens. Just like they cared when Romania and Switzerland moved ahead of you.

We've been playing extraordinary football but I have to acknowledge that people still think we are shit simply because of who we are, and England will be one culprit of that.

• Administrator
Just now, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Trust me, people will care when it happens. Just like they cared when Romania and Switzerland moved ahead of you.

We've been playing extraordinary football but I have to acknowledge that people still think we are shit simply because of who we are, and England will be one culprit of that.

who?

Trust me, no-one on here will give a shit about these rankings. they've been a joke for years. 

Just now, Stan said:

who?

Trust me, no-one on here will give a shit about these rankings. they've been a joke for years. 

Maybe not on here. On social media though? Definitely.

• Administrator
Just now, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Maybe not on here. On social media though? Definitely.

not anymore I think. most of the stuff you see these days is derision about the whole thing.

you might get the odd dullard questioning certain teams and the order but overall, not many actually give a shit.

Just now, Stan said:

not anymore I think. most of the stuff you see these days is derision about the whole thing.

you might get the odd dullard questioning certain teams and the order but overall, not many actually give a shit.

That's hard to disagree with I guess. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

I still think we'll see wind ups towards England given how you lot are at times haha

• Subscriber

@LaSambadeStGermain about 90% of English fans including myself aren't even aware of which teams are ahead in the FIFA rankings and a further 9.9% are aware but don't care. While it's a joke that some of those teams are ranked ahead of England, I don't see what England have done for about 20 years that suggests we should be ranked that high anyway. 

2 hours ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Without being disrespectful, I should imagine people think Peru are shit because they haven't qualified for a World Cup almost as long as they have had a hole in their arse.

Ok, maybe not that long but 35 years and counting is a long time. And it's looking highly unlikely we'll see them at Russia either. So realistically, we're looking at 40 years. I don't think anyone in England will bat an eyelid if they are above us in rankings.

I second most everyone else except for Brian. This is absolutely pointless. I enjoy looking at the Club Rankings more just out of pure enjoyment instead of this very poor excuse for a ranking system.

1 minute ago, Eco said:

I second most everyone else except for Brian. This is absolutely pointless. I enjoy looking at the Club Rankings more just out of pure enjoyment instead of this very poor excuse for a ranking system.

Don't see what there is to disagree with, it is pointless. For some teams though it's nice to receive recognition as people do pay attention to this. Whether it's to laugh at how bad it is or to see where they're team are sitting, it's there.

2 hours ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Don't see what there is to disagree with, it is pointless. For some teams though it's nice to receive recognition as people do pay attention to this. Whether it's to laugh at how bad it is or to see where they're team are sitting, it's there.

The fact that you have undated this thread led me to believe that you find substance in this.

Fake News

Archived